Author Topic: Trade Idea: Magic - Thunder  (Read 4656 times)

Trade Idea: Magic - Thunder
« on: February 26, 2024, 06:17:36 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Magic: Josh Giddey, Kenrich Williams

Thunder: Wendell Carter Jr, Caleb Houstan, 2029 Magic 1st round pick

—————————

Orlando Magic

Suggs
Giddey
Isaac
Wagner
Banchero

Anthony, Wagner, Howard, Black, Williams

———

Oklahoma City Thunder

Gilgeous-Alexander
Williams
Hayward
Holmgren
Carter Jr

Dort, Wallace, Williams, Joe, Houstan
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 01:37:09 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Trade Idea: Magic - Thunder
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 06:39:55 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Giddey is better and a lot more valuable than WCJ.

WCJ is frustrating. Too inconsistent. There are times when he looks like a good starting quality center and then there are other long stretches where he looks like nothing more than a bench player. Orlando have often looked better with Bitadze on the floor this season.

Giddey is awesome. Such a well rounded player. Needs to keep developing that shot. Reminds me of Paul Pressey on those 1980s Bucks teams. He is a keeper for OKC.

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 06:47:23 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

WCJ is frustrating. Too inconsistent. There are times when he looks like a good starting quality center and then there are other long stretches where he looks like nothing more than a bench player. Orlando have often looked better with Bitadze on the floor this season.

Giddey is awesome. Such a well rounded player. Needs to keep developing that shot. Reminds me of Paul Pressey on those 1980s Bucks teams. He is a keeper for OKC.

A lot of frustrated Thunder fans feel like giddey has really failed to improve this year and his lack of shooting is killing the spacing.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 07:04:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

A lot of frustrated Thunder fans feel like giddey has really failed to improve this year and his lack of shooting is killing the spacing.

It's wild that Thunder fans are upset by anything these days.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 07:05:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If only the Thunder had drafted Sengun with our pick from the Horford deal, they wouldn't have to worry about a center. Instead, they traded his rights.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 09:20:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I don't think I'd make that move if I'm the thunder, and if injuries are notwithstanding, I'd rather have WCJ in a vacuum. But they got Chet. They need a cheap good option (although WCJ's salary is pretty awesome) ala Mo Wagner or Goga, not the starter. When they move Giddey it should be for a better wing.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 10:45:20 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
If only the Thunder had drafted Sengun with our pick from the Horford deal, they wouldn't have to worry about a center. Instead, they traded his rights.

I wonder if Sengun becomes available in the off-season. Houston did just trade for Stevens Adams and I can’t see those two starting together.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 10:50:03 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

I wonder if Sengun becomes available in the off-season. Houston did just trade for Stevens Adams and I can’t see those two starting together.

That would be foolish by Houston.  Incredibly foolish.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2024, 11:08:59 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436

That would be foolish by Houston.  Incredibly foolish.

I get that he averages 21/9, but his defense isn’t good and neither is his 3pt shooting. Maybe Houston doesn’t think he’s a good fit and would prefer to have Adams anchoring the defense.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.