Author Topic: Key to Game 4  (Read 4372 times)

Key to Game 4
« on: May 20, 2018, 12:51:47 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
We can talk about matchups, defense, blah blah blah.

The biggest key is to take away the confidence which Cleveland gained in the very 1st quarter. It’s going to be very tough to do, but it is vital. We let this team continue with this momentum and it will be tough to stop the train

Re: Key to Game 4
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 01:03:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
They key will be which team is hitting outside shots.  The Cavs can't keep up in a game in which they're missing three pointers left and right.  Similarly, if the Celts aren't getting some hot shooting from a couple of their streaky shooters, they probably aren't going to have a chance to win the game.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 01:10:37 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I'm reminded of the old "Hein-sight" bullet points Tommy would list before each game.

There was one night, and I swear I'm not making this up, when the first two were:
  • "Be Aggressive!"
  • "Be the Aggressor!"

I think that about sums it up.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 01:17:29 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Phosita, I disagree on outside shooting key. We gassed them in the first two games with or tempo and pace which is why we won.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 01:33:35 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The key is the recharge this old Cavs team got after 3 days off. Really hurts Boston and have them life.

Must come out with some urgency

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
REBOUNDING!

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 02:32:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Run them off the court....unless of course Cs are tired now from the depleted roster. That is the key and it comes from being aggressive.

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 03:43:43 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The C's need to stop double teaming LEbron, let him get his, he'll wear out like he usually does.

Stop going under screens, look for them to happen, you should know if you're guarding Kover he's getting one.

Move the ball side to side, too many quick shots. Cleveland is bad on D, LEbron dosen't close out most of the time and the rest are old and slow. Once you get them moving you'll get a shot around the 5 second mark.

I almost want to see Smart start in the next game. He's been one of the only ones that can get to the paint and find an open man. Rozier has been a bit "scary" dribbling into the pant the last few games. Maybe going against the bench will help him a bit more.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 03:45:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The C's need to stop double teaming LEbron, let him get his, he'll wear out like he usually does.

Stop going under screens, look for them to happen, you should know if you're guarding Kover he's getting one.

Move the ball side to side, too many quick shots. Cleveland is bad on D, LEbron dosen't close out most of the time and the rest are old and slow. Once you get them moving you'll get a shot around the 5 second mark.

I almost want to see Smart start in the next game. He's been one of the only ones that can get to the paint and find an open man. Rozier has been a bit "scary" dribbling into the pant the last few games. Maybe going against the bench will help him a bit more.

This is absolutely correct. Let LeBron get his 40 and limit his passing.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 03:50:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, it was annoying seeing Baynes leave his man in an effort to double/contain Lebron, only for Lebron to find the open Thompson or whoever else was cutting inside for an easy layup or dunk.

That said, we got to keep hounding their role players on the perimeter. They made some tough shots, yes, but it felt like Hill and JR were left wide open a ton of times in the 1st half. They were rarely left open in any form during Games 1 and 2.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 03:52:58 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Key to every game: don't settle for jumpshots. 4 minutes into Game 3 you could tell we were going to lose, all our shots were jumpshots,  nothing inside the paint. Make or miss you need to start aggressive, it sets the tone. Being 'in the flow of the offense' is all well and good but you need to set the flow first. Aside from knowing when to call an early timeout, it's the only flaw in Brad I see

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 04:09:42 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
It would be nice if someone, anyone, actually elected to use their brain ::). Next ;D.

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 05:06:08 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
we need to take it to the basket plain & simple.

it was our offense that got us in trouble because we settled for taking jump shots.

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 05:12:42 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
we need to take it to the basket plain & simple.

it was our offense that got us in trouble because we settled for taking jump shots.

Stay aggressive...every game is a NEW game ..Celtics played game 3 as if it was a continuation of game 2.

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 05:15:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Don't start Jaylen on Bron Bron.

Two real quick fouls on JB messed him and us all up!!