Author Topic: Wolves (16-29) at Celtics (39-9) 1/30  (Read 61346 times)

Re: Wolves (16-29) at Celtics (39-9) 1/30
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2009, 01:18:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
What did Rondo do?
He had a great play where he almost got an offensive board but Kevin Love barely held on to it above Rondo. Then he started to run down the court but peeked into the passing lane and ripped the ball down when Smith tried to pass it to Telfair. He then got wrapped up but threw up a shot off the glass for two and the foul. He hit his free throw too.

A great play.

« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2009, 01:18:44 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
as rondo goes...the C's go...i want him to run circles around fisher thursday...

Are you forgetting the lakers dont put fisher on rondo? and for good reason, he cant guard him

not forgetting....but i honestly expect the lakers to have to revamp their strategy without bynum....don't know if they can afford to bring odom out on rondo or whatever big they have...odom has to play KG now with gasol playing center...maybe they start trevor ariza...but losing bynum hurts...and rondo plays so much better at home...if they put a big on rondo i think boston will be prepared this time

« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2009, 01:18:52 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
as rondo goes...the C's go...i want him to run circles around fisher thursday...

Are you forgetting the lakers dont put fisher on rondo? and for good reason, he cant guard him
Yup, Kobe will be on Rondo. I don't think Bynum has much a chance to play so it'll be a rerun of the Finals for the Lakers line up.

Exactly, rondo is such matchup nightmare, that the lakers have to put "the best player on the planet" on him...
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2009, 01:20:17 PM »

• Don Chaney

not forgetting....but i honestly expect the lakers to have to revamp their strategy without bynum....don't know if they can afford to bring odom out on rondo or whatever big they have...odom has to play KG now with gasol playing center...maybe they start trevor ariza...but losing bynum hurts...and rondo plays so much better at home...if they put a big on rondo i think boston will be prepared this time

Huh? they arent going to put fisher on rondo because of losing bynum, this is something they did in the finals and something they will continue to do...probably even see a little ariza on him
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2009, 01:21:21 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

No they won't. They'll put Odom back in at the 4. Ariza will be the first wing off the bench once Pierce puts 2 fouls on Walton.

« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2009, 01:21:24 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
if they have to put kobe on rondo then ray allen and paul pierce will have great match ups all night....fisher on ray allen and radman on pierce?? i will take that...as for getting ahead of myself today...if the boston starters continue to play for the third and keep this big lead...then allow the young guys some time if they are up big heading to the 4th..

« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2009, 01:22:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
if they have to put kobe on rondo then ray allen and paul pierce will have great match ups all night....fisher on ray allen and radman on pierce?? i will take that...as for getting ahead of myself today...if the boston starters continue to play for the third and keep this big lead...then allow the young guys some time if they are up big heading to the 4th..
Walton is starting, and they will put Fisher on Ray. They did it in the Finals and Fisher didn't do a terrible job of it. Remember the whole point of Kobe on Rondo is that he'll cheat off him to help Walton and Fisher out if Pierce or Ray drive.

« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2009, 01:24:05 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I like Gomes, but I'm glad he is not on our team. The guy plays no defense. Never has, never will.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2009, 01:24:39 PM »

• Don Chaney

they use kobe as a roamer, when rondo doesnt have the ball in his hands, noone guards him and they just dare him to take a jumpshot ...this is something they did throughout the finalss and on christmas...I dont know why Ray doesnt destroy Dfish when they do this, and its already well known noone can guard paul pierce on that team, hes too strong for kobe and to quick AND strong for all there other defenders

« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2009, 01:25:08 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Did you guys see the halftime interview with BBD? He was asked if his role changes named a starter for the game, he replied "NO" I'm a role player & that's my job. Perk says the same thing, that to me speaks volumes of how this is about the team not individual stats.

« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2009, 01:25:33 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
and that is why rondo has to play well...i remember fisher being on ray but ray caught fire late in that series. don't think walton can handle pierce..don't think radmanovic can either....maybe ariza..anyway...boston seems to have some good options vs the lakers thursday...or they could just feed the post

« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
Did anyone just see that new Celtics Now commercial?  I found it hilarious.  It's probably because I like Michael Holley alot.
UBUNTU

« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2009, 01:27:28 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Did you guys see the halftime interview with BBD? He was asked if his role changes named a starter for the game, he replied "NO" I'm a role player & that's my job. Perk says the same thing, that to me speaks volumes of how this is about the team not individual stats.
Interesting how Perk has changed. Big AL was right, before KG got here, Perk thought his role should be scoring.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2009, 01:27:45 PM »

• Don Chaney
and that is why rondo has to play well...i remember fisher being on ray but ray caught fire late in that series. don't think walton can handle pierce..don't think radmanovic can either....maybe ariza..anyway...boston seems to have some good options vs the lakers thursday...or they could just feed the post

rondo knows he has to play well, and I expect him too...he struggles with that scheme in LA, but DOMINATED the finals at home

« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2009, 01:29:14 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

rondo knows he has to play well, and I ecpect him too...he struggles with that scheme in LA, but DOMINATED the finals at home

TP for you....rondo is a different player at home and I expect him to really force LA into situations they are not comfortable with...i also expect the lakers D and pau gasoft to return to their finals forms