Author Topic: Atlanta Hawks Idea  (Read 3544 times)

Atlanta Hawks Idea
« on: February 05, 2018, 03:21:38 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
What about a trade of Smart for Ilyasova/Pick #29?

Re: Atlanta Hawks Idea
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 03:39:22 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
I don't see why the Hawks would do that, but I like it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 03:40:47 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 560
I don't see why the Hawks would do that, but I like it.

Ya that seems about right value wise, get a useful player this year. But I dont think Marcus Smart is the direction the Hawks want to go.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 03:53:48 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 980
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
No thanks.  I don't see a need for Ilyasova with Monroe coming.  Front court should be set.

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 03:57:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
No thanks.  I don't see a need for Ilyasova with Monroe coming.  Front court should be set.
Ilyasova is pretty much an inferior version of Marcus Morris.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 04:00:55 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
An inferior version that is a better rebounder, better shooter, better shot blocker, better steal generator, who gets to the line more and is less turnover prone.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 04:12:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
An inferior version that is a better rebounder, better shooter, better shot blocker, better steal generator, who gets to the line more and is less turnover prone.

Morris the much better defender and can create his own shot (Ilyasova can't).

Your "better" stats are a reach and in some cases wrong...

"better rebounder" by 0.2

"better shooter" Morris is better in 3PT% and FT%, but not in FG%.

"better shot blocker" by 0.1

"better steal generator" by 0.3

"gets to the line more" No, he doesn't. 2.7 FTA for Morris, 1.7 for Ilyasova.

"less turnover prone" by 0.3

The differential of these numbers are so minute that the 1.8 MPG more Ersan plays is a likely reason some of the categories aren't at least tied. In addition, Morris has been battling injuries all season, which has hampered his production.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 04:17:42 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 04:24:08 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

"better rebounder" by 0.4

The differential of these numbers are so minute that the 1.8 MPG more Ersan plays is a likely reason the numbers aren't tied. In addition, Morris has been battling injuries all season, which has hampered his production.
I was using career rates, not totals. 

So for example, Ersan's career RB% is 13.6, while Marcus' is just 9.1 (though they are closer this season).  Similarly, their TOV%, Ersan is 9.1 (9.2 this year), while Marcus is 9.9 (10.1 this year).  Ersan's TS% is 53.6 (56.1 this year), Marcus' is 52.3 (53.5 this year).  Ersan's FTr is .225, Marcus is .220 so they are close there (FTr is the number of FT attempts per FG attempt).  And that is the same all the way through for their rates, which are a much better indicator of those things then totals which are highly dependent not only on minutes but role and other team related things outside the control of the player. 

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 04:34:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

The differential of these numbers are so minute that the 1.8 MPG more Ersan plays is a likely reason the numbers aren't tied. In addition, Morris has been battling injuries all season, which has hampered his production.

So for example, Ersan's career RB% is 13.6, while Marcus' is just 9.1 (though they are closer this season).  Similarly, their TOV%, Ersan is 9.1 (9.2 this year), while Marcus is 9.9 (10.1 this year).  Ersan's TS% is 53.6 (56.1 this year), Marcus' is 52.3 (53.5 this year).  Ersan's FTr is .225, Marcus is .220 so they are close there (FTr is the number of FT attempts per FG attempt).  And that is the same all the way through for their rates, which are a much better indicator of those things then totals which are highly dependent not only on minutes but role and other team related things outside the control of the player.

His game has fallen off, so that's an accurate representation of what he currently is.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 04:34:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1396

You'd really rather have illy than Morris? Morris can at least slightly bother elite players like Lebron in the playoffs. Illasova being marginally better at steals or blocks (odd) or perhaps a marginally better shooter seems like a strange reason to completely discount defense

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 05:11:38 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 107
  • B's Up

You'd really rather have illy than Morris? Morris can at least slightly bother elite players like Lebron in the playoffs. Illasova being marginally better at steals or blocks (odd) or perhaps a marginally better shooter seems like a strange reason to completely discount defense
Morris can also create his own shot which our 2nd unit desperately needs. Ersan primarily is shooting spot up jumpers from the corner while Morris has shown multiple times this year he can get a bucket when we need one. Better defensively especially for our switching defense
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 05:34:27 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Ilyasova is great at drawing charges though. I don't know where you can find those numbers, but he seems to be one of the best in the league at that (like Smart).

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 05:40:11 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Ilyasova is great at drawing charges though. I don't know where you can find those numbers, but he seems to be one of the best in the league at that (like Smart).

He is in fact third in the league in charges drawn per game, and 7th per-36.

https://stats.nba.com/players/hustle/

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2018, 05:44:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1396

He is in fact third in the league in charges drawn per game, and 7th per-36.

https://stats.nba.com/players/hustle/

Is this to say he is a good defender? I can't imagine him trying to guard Lebron

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2018, 06:54:01 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Thought this was interesting speculation about the Hawks:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-deadline-atlanta-hawks-news-kent-bazemore-dennis-schroder-contract/n9jurx51gy0v1o5pbu2r58pgd

tl;dr buyer's market. little interest in bazemore's awful contract, buyouts for belinelli and ilyasova likely if not traded for a 2nd, dedmon unlikely to fetch a 1st