Author Topic: The belief that Brown, Tatum, and Hayward will all be on this team next year.  (Read 4018 times)

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
If we don't win a ring...which is almost about 95% likely

How many believe they will all still be together?

Next year will probably be the perfect year or Brown and Tatum's talent to be realized completely. Both still with rookie tendencies, while Brown is basically rounding into his form, Tatum still going to go through some rookie pains.

Gordon should be 100% in terms of being his regular playing self.

The most important thing is Kyrie and seeing what happens with him.

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
They all be here unless we trade for Davis and either Tatum or Brown be gone
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Yeah, unless we make some blockbuster deal I think they’re all here.

Brown is probably the most likely to be moved of the bunch though
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think we have a better chance than that.  Really only 5%?

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'm confident they will all be here next season. The wing that is likely gone is Morris, which would be too bad, he's killing it this season for us.

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I've seen so much to talk about benching Hayward but to me Brown is the odd man out.

Hayward Horford Kyrie is a devastating 3 man lineup and one that allows Tatum to eventually slide in as the second option.

Ideally Brown would be the 5th player in that but I just don't see it. I don't think he has the BBIQ to function in our Championship level starting 5. IMO he's running into the same problem that Rozier runs into. They can function as high usage starters, but their games do not scale down to the role that we need them to play.

I don't know who that fifth player's going to be. I've been kicking around the idea of moving Jaylen for either Aaron Gordon or Jonathan Isaac. Man what I wouldn't give to be able to talk long-term team building strategy with DA.

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I've seen so much to talk about benching Hayward but to me Brown is the odd man out.

Hayward Horford Kyrie is a devastating 3 man lineup and one that allows Tatum to eventually slide in as the second option.

Ideally Brown would be the 5th player in that but I just don't see it. I don't think he has the BBIQ to function in our Championship level starting 5. IMO he's running into the same problem that Rozier runs into. They can function as high usage starters, but their games do not scale down to the role that we need them to play.

I don't know who that fifth player's going to be. I've been kicking around the idea of moving Jaylen for either Aaron Gordon or Jonathan Isaac. Man what I wouldn't give to be able to talk long-term team building strategy with DA.

These are all valid concerns for sure.  I'm still very optimistic that Jaylen will find his niche with this group.  Realistically his stat line mirrors last season in terms of FG attempts, both from inside the paint and beyond the arc.  The efficiency will come with patience.

Jaylen's ideal role is an elite defensive stopper and opportunistic scorer (via open shots and quick drives to the hoop).   

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

Right now on the C’s. I wouldn’t mind seeing Morris in there starting instead of Brown.  He adds a toughness to the first unit that they don’t have right now.  I just dont know if Hayward can guard the other teams scoring wings.  If he could I think our line up is tougher with better rebounding.  Morris has really impressed me this year. 

Online droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I’ve said it (many many many times) before and I’ll say it again.  If we could replace brown with a pure shooter or a guy that was not so erratic, this team would be much better.  Browns drives are just to often way out of control and his shot is not all that realiable.  I think soon as people realize he’s not a future star they would accept moving him.

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I think Brown has superstar potential and that's the problem.  This team, as constituted now and at this point in time, does not need a starter to have superstar potential.  We need a spot up 3 point, reliable shooter, i.e. Korver.  Brown just doesn't seem to "fit" on this team.  He needs to be on a team where he's option 2 maybe and that's not here.  I hope I'm wrong.

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Brown shot 39.5% from 3, and 46.5% overall last year.  Before we label him a bad shooter give it time.  He is due for some hot nights from the field soon. 

Online droopdog7

• Paul Silas
Brown shot 39.5% from 3, and 46.5% overall last year.  Before we label him a bad shooter give it time.  He is due for some hot nights from the field soon.
The question is whether he can play the role he needs to play when he’s at best the fourth best offensive player on this team.  And I know I’m in the minority but I don’t see a star.  If the over under on all star games was set at 1, I’d pick the under.

Offline celtics4ever33

• NGT
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
The question is whether he can play the role he needs to play when he’s at best the fourth best offensive player on this team.  And I know I’m in the minority but I don’t see a star.  If the over under on all star games was set at 1, I’d pick the under.

What if it was set at .5 ?

Online droopdog7

• Paul Silas

What if it was set at .5 ?
Perhaps, maybe, he could luck into a single all star game.  Maybe.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537

I think we have a better chance than that.  Really only 5%?
This team hasn't even scratched its potential yet so I'd agree.  We saw a glimpse last night. I'd hold off all speculation about the future till we see exactly what we have with the current roster.