Author Topic: Marc Stein: Clippers have emerged as serious thread for Durant  (Read 6082 times)

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Re: Marc Stein: Clippers have emerged as serious thread for Durant
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 03:03:27 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
https://thebiglead.com/2019/05/22/kevin-durant-clippers-knicks-marc-stein/

Maybe he doesn't want to play with Irving?

I felt like this is nothing new.

Out of all teams, GSW, Nets, Clippers, and Knicks remain favorites. Out of all 3, (not including GSW,) Clippers are probably the most enticing.

It is very favorable for Durant's interest in the tech industry, plus Balmer's consistent connections. In LA, awesome weather, and plenty of perks most teams couldn't offer him.

Plus they have a proven playoff team that managed to take 2 games from GSW, and a beneficiaries of role players/glue guys that would be perfect to put around Durant. If anything, Clippers scare me the most in stealing Irving away, unless we can go and snag AD.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:10:17 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 03:04:54 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Maybe. He’s also busy today tweeting at Chris Broussard, so you know his head is in the right place regardless.  ::)

It’s crazy to me that these guys truly “don’t know” what their plans are. I guess that’s just me not being a millionaire NBA Star.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 03:05:10 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Count me in on wanting this outcome. Leave him in that conference, laugh at the Lakers, we resign Kyrie and trade for Davis.

Deal with the repercussions of a Durant led Clippers team when/if we make it to the Finals.
#JKJB

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 03:05:32 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

Why couldn't Irving go to LAC with him?

Just spit balling here, LAC was targeting Kawhi first, but the longer TOR stays alive, the less likely he leaves.  So now the target becomes Durant/Irving instead.

And while Irving is supposedly on better terms with LeBron, it's not far stretched to envision him still taking pleasure of 1-upping LeBron, and what would be sweeter than doing that in LeBron's building/city?  Have an easier time envisioning Irving with LAC, over the rumors he'll sign with LAL.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 03:10:39 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Just spit balling here, LAC was targeting Kawhi first, but the longer TOR stays alive, the less likely he leaves.  So now the target becomes Durant/Irving instead.

And while Irving is supposedly on better terms with LeBron, it's not far stretched to envision him still taking pleasure of 1-upping LeBron, and what would be sweeter than doing that in LeBron's building/city?  Have an easier time envisioning Irving with LAC, over the rumors he'll sign with LAL.

Those LAL rumors are just dumb... They seriously contradict everything Irving has said.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 03:15:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I have never seen Irving linked to the Clippers (maybe he has been and I missed it). I believe some other players have been linked to LA (I believe both Leonard and Butler have, not sure about someone like Walker.

Irving also allegedly wanted to play in New York cause he is from there, so being on the other side of the country has to be a bit less appealing.

Could it still happen? Yea sure, but certainly seems to throw a wrinkle in the "irving and durant to new york is fact" that gets shared around like gospel. Seems more to me like nobody actually knows what they are doing.

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 03:16:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Those LAL rumors are just dumb... They seriously contradict everything Irving has said.

I agree, those have struck me as the most bizarre and least likely thing I have read. They have a front office in turmoil, a guy he hated playing with so much he stopped talking to the entire team for a whole playoff run, and a very hard to envision path to contention.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 03:27:46 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I have never seen Irving linked to the Clippers (maybe he has been and I missed it). I believe some other players have been linked to LA (I believe both Leonard and Butler have, not sure about someone like Walker.

Irving also allegedly wanted to play in New York cause he is from there, so being on the other side of the country has to be a bit less appealing.

Could it still happen? Yea sure, but certainly seems to throw a wrinkle in the "irving and durant to new york is fact" that gets shared around like gospel. Seems more to me like nobody actually knows what they are doing.

Clippers tried to trade for him this year, so there's definitely interest on their end:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-clippers-tried-to-acquire-kyrie-irving-at-trade-deadline-195350167.html
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 03:38:49 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Next week it be Dallas...week after be Miami and so on..i dont believe anything said until something happens
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 03:51:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

KI stock seems alittle down right now , other than Lakers , because it might benthe best guy or only Star they can truely hope for .  I think Irving is all,in on NY with KD .  Otherwise , im not sure he is excited about going to that mess of LA and working FOR Lebron once again in the same capacity.

Media is so predictable linking everybody and everything tothe big market cities .....looking for clicks and ratings boost .   Media is in more competition with themselves than the teams are with each other.   Media is making up stories 24/7

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 03:53:51 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

I felt like this is nothing new.

Out of all teams, GSW, Nets, Clippers, and Knicks remain favorites. Out of all 3, (not including GSW,) Clippers are probably the most enticing.

It is very favorable for Durant's interest in the tech industry, plus Balmer's consistent connections. In LA, awesome weather, and plenty of perks most teams couldn't offer him.

Plus they have a proven playoff team that managed to take 2 games from GSW, and a beneficiaries of role players/glue guys that would be perfect to put around Durant. If anything, Clippers scare me the most in stealing Irving away, unless we can go and snag AD.

If clipper do want him and irving wants them then it opens up a sign and trade

They currently have 46 mill in guaranteed for next season. Durant at 37 leaves about for 80 leaving about 29 mill available.

So if Kyrie were to go there...say at 32 mill it wont work.

So perhaps they look to sign and trade with gallinari.

Gallinari, harrell, shai add up to 36 million.

Trading those guys allows for them to sign another max player (leonard)

So

Gallinari for leonard.
Harrell and shai for irving.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 04:02:49 PM by Silky »

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 03:55:40 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

KI stock seems alittle down right now , other than Lakers , because it might benthe best guy or only Star they can truely hope for .  I think Irving is all,in on NY with KD .  Otherwise , im not sure he is excited about going to that mess of LA and working FOR Lebron once again in the same capacity.

I think west was irving durant amd leonard.

With sweet lou at sg and zubac at center thats a deadly lineup

There is no doubt he wants to beat the superteams he built with a new superteam
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 04:02:23 PM by Silky »

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 03:59:40 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Clippers can get all 3 with a few smart sign and trades.

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 04:05:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Clippers tried to trade for him this year, so there's definitely interest on their end:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-clippers-tried-to-acquire-kyrie-irving-at-trade-deadline-195350167.html

I mean I have never seen or heard of Kyrie talking about clippers and wanting to play there.