Author Topic: Zeke Marshall?  (Read 2747 times)

Zeke Marshall?
« on: January 21, 2014, 04:17:29 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
What's the scoop on this guy? The following was posted on HoopsHype:

After his international experiment failed — for red tape and administrative reasons that Zeke Marshall referred to as “the dark side” — he believes he’s found a home with the Maine Red Claws, the Boston Celtics’ NBA Development League team. Two weeks after he joined the Reno Bighorns, the two-time Mid-American Conference Defensive Player of the Year was part of a Dec. 10 three-team trade that sent him to the Red Claws. Pushing behind the scenes to get Zeke Marshall was David Lewin, a former Cavaliers scout who has been watching Marshall play since his sophomore year at UA. Lewin is the Celtics’ scouting director and serves as the Red Claws’ general manager. Akron Beacon Journal

Red Claws coach Mike Taylor said the Celtics’ interest in Marshall came from the time Lewin spent around the UA program while with the Cavs. Asked if Marshall’s perception that the Celtics really wanted him was correct, Taylor said, “Without a doubt. The Celtics front office made a trade to bring him here.” Akron Beacon Journal

Marshall knows he must work on all those, along with avoiding foul trouble. Against the Charge, he picked up three in a span of 95 seconds in the third quarter. Adjusting to the pros was hard for Marshall, who started out with Slask Wroclaw in Poland. He was released after 2½ weeks and landed in Taiwan with Yulon Luxgen, where he averaged 12.7 points and four rebounds per game. “Apparently it was my knee issues,” he said of the Poland mess. “I went to Taiwan, it was about the same thing. I didn’t want to uproot myself anymore. I thought I was wasting time developing. I had offers, I could have gotten a lot more money, but it was time for me to come over here and start polishing my game. Once I get my foot in that [NBA] door I’ll be fine. Then I’ll have all the mentors and the resources I need to do what I need to do.” Akron Beacon Journal

Re: Zeke Marshall?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:13:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
a 7 foot center from university of akron (fear the roo!!)

last college year averaged:
28 minutes
13 pts
7 rbs
3.7 blocks
2.7 fouls

he wore #44 in college, no wonder ainge wants him.  :)

seems to lack passion/aggressiveness, but he is tall!!!

more info here...
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Zeke-Marshall-5668/
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva