Author Topic: Olynyk 22/10/5  (Read 8121 times)

Re: Olynyk 22/10/5
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2018, 05:10:45 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Kelly "hot potato" Olynyk is a Scalabrine level talent.  I think someday he'll take his rightful place as a likeable 10th man on a contender.

« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Cavs series won't be the same without this guy, Cavs fans hated him lol

It seems so did many Celtics fans.

KO got a lot of hate because he wasn't Giannis. It's that simple. People would look at KO, think "we could have had The Greek Freak instead" and would hate everything he did on the court. He's probably earning his money with the Heat at $12.5m a year for 12 points/5 boards per game. I'm sure the Heat wanted a bit more but he's a serviceable big man as long as you don't ask him to bang inside. He put up a decent year in Miami and helped them exceed expectations.

He's not a Scalabrine level talent - that's just stupid-speak as Scal was never as good as KO on even his best day. But he's also not a solid starter. He's your first big off the bench. So while I'm glad that he's happy in Miami and playing decently, I'm also glad we're not paying him that $12.5m a year.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2018, 10:16:47 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I did not dislike Kelly because he wasn't Giannis.  I like Kelly but I also got tired of his inconsistency.  Was he on the team for 3 years?  That's long enough for me.  Should the C's have given him the contract Miami did?  Hell no.  If the C's did pay Kelly, we would not have had Gordon, so that was a no-brainer.

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2018, 10:20:03 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I did not dislike Kelly because he wasn't Giannis.  I like Kelly but I also got tired of his inconsistency.  Was he on the team for 3 years?  That's long enough for me.  Should the C's have given him the contract Miami did?  Hell no.  If the C's did pay Kelly, we would not have had Gordon, so that was a no-brainer.

I miss Kelly, but as Tim says, at that price no way.