Author Topic: Trying to unravel the myth of finals ticket pricing.  (Read 3683 times)

Trying to unravel the myth of finals ticket pricing.
« on: January 25, 2012, 05:22:21 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I'm from Australia and am visiting the US in June.

I would kill to see a game of the Nba finals if it were in Miami for example as I will be there as they are going on.

Anyone have any idea what finals tickets would cost as a ballpark sorta figure and when they usually go on sale. Not looking for outrageously good seats...just something.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Re: Trying to unravel the myth of finals ticket pricing.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:35:54 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
If I had to make a guess.  You could probably get a Finals ticket for the earlier games (like 1-3) maybe starting around $300. Of course it depends on what teams are in the finals.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 10:04:31 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
If I had to make a guess.  You could probably get a Finals ticket for the earlier games (like 1-3) maybe starting around $300. Of course it depends on what teams are in the finals.

I would say around $300 would probably get you one ticket in the very last row.

I lived in Dallas in 2006, and tried to get tickets for the Finals for the first game.  That's about what last row tickets were going for.

I was actually at Game 6 in Boston in 2008, very last row, and the face value of my ticket was $180 I believe.  Looked at how much they were going for (because if they were going for a lot I would have considered selling it) and I think they were only going for like $300ish then too, but I may be remembering wrong.  I'm sure others on here tried to go to Finals games in 2008 and 2010 and would know.

Tickets might be even tougher to get in a city like Miami though (or LA even, but I don't think they're a threat).  A lot more celebrities in those spots driving the prices up.  Plus a lot of people like yourself, willing to travel to Miami with hopes of getting tickets, but if not you'd be happy just sitting on the beach.  Not as many people would travel to places like Dallas or Boston to try to get a ticket but would happily settle for the beach or a vacation if things didn't work out.

If you want you want the most affordable Finals ticket (and by affordable I mean $300ish), plan your vacation to OKC  ;)

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 11:02:50 AM »

Offline Bent

• Author
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
The cheapest game six ticket in 2008 was $650 on the day before and the cheapest game seven ticket was $675.

I'd imagine a non-elimination game would be cheaper (although other cities may have more/less demand).

Hope that helps.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 11:14:54 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I was at game 3 of 2010 Finals and paid $250 each for lower level corner section tickets thru the Club Green Presale (bought as a playoff strip).  I did also notice though, these same tickets were going for around $1000 each on stub hub on game day.

The key is to find a way to get your tickets directly from the team, otherwise, expect to pay a hefty premium.

Also, expect to pay more than this though either way.  Tickets for Miami games are more expensive in general anyways.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 11:16:06 AM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
No way of knowing until the teams are set.  The 2008 and 2010 Finals were the same teams; Celtics vs Lakers, but the 2008 tickets went for a good amount more.  I'm referring to the earlier games too, as obviously the clinchers would go for a lot more.  In 2008 you had to pay $300-350 to sit in the corner balcony, and in 2010 you get center court balcony for about that same price, maybe just a little more.

I guess 2008 was the first year of the big three and it was a long long wait for die hard Celtics fans.  And 2010 was the year everyone wrote off the Celtics so that could have been some factors in the price discrepency.  

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 07:16:22 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Thanks guys TPs for you all..

The general consistent thing I got was that the cheap seats are about 300 for the earlier games but it depends who's playing and where it is.

Will just have to wait and see.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?