Author Topic: 2011 Draft  (Read 19228 times)

Re: 2011 Draft
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Good year to trade out for a pick next season.

No one would want it though.

Honeycutt >> Jeremy Tyler >> Chris Singleton in this order if they are available by the time we pick.

That is pretty much where I am right now too.  I really like Honeycutt.  He reminds me a bit of Tayshaun Prince, and I think he has the best risk/reward ratio of anyone late in the round.  I feel pretty confident he will be an NBA player, but I also think he has a chance to be an impact player...everyone else is more of a huge risk (Tyler, most of the Euros), or a low reward guy (Singleton, Singler).

I would be very happy with any of those 3 guys though.

I don't see how Singleton is a low-reward guy.  With his size, athletic profile and defensive pedigree, he has Gerald Wallace potential. 

I don't think he has the offensive skill of Wallace (and Wallace isn't exactly Michael Jordan himself).  I see Singleton more in the mould of a James Posey or a Bruce Bowen.  He can make himself a useful offensive player as a spotup shooter, but will always earn his money as a defender.

What offensive skills did Wallace have out of Alabama (or even in Sacramento)?  He was a very enthusiastic run and jump athlete with very little in the way of NBA ready skills.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 06:44:46 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I thin I'd be really happy taking Honeycutt. He seems like the type of guy who'd excel with Rondo. Great athlete, good size, high bbiq, moves well without the ball, good shooting form & ability, and a good perimeter defender. His weakness are lack of strength, durability question marks, and ball handling. You can't do anything about durability, but you can always add strength and Ball handling isn't a big issue when your playing with a great point-guard.

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I thin I'd be really happy taking Honeycutt. He seems like the type of guy who'd excel with Rondo. Great athlete, good size, high bbiq, moves well without the ball, good shooting form & ability, and a good perimeter defender. His weakness are lack of strength, durability question marks, and ball handling. You can't do anything about durability, but you can always add strength and Ball handling isn't a big issue when your playing with a great point-guard.
Yeah, Honeycutt is my first choice too. He is the only guy that I am confident in in terms of contributing right away + I think he'll be a very good role player for many years to come.

#2 -- Draft Mirotic and hang onto his draft rights for a few years waiting for him to come over.

#3 -- draft that young big man, forget his name, Tyler? (edit: Jeremy Tyler) ... and give him a few years to develop and see how it goes.

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2011, 12:47:11 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

If the Celtics do draft Tyler Honeycutt, Jeff Green era is short lived. Meaning the Celtics go all in for the 2012 Dwight Howard sweepstakes  :). It makes sense because Jeff Green rejected a 5year $40mil extension from the Thunder. Celtics can't afford to keep Jeff Green at that price, if they want to keep the cap space for 2012.

Ainge plan to keep the cost down; meanwhile, stock piling talent & draft Picks. The Grand Finale Dwight Howard in Green 2012. Brilliant Plan!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:01:03 AM by Change »

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 01:13:27 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

If the C's will go for a SF in my opinion i'd rather have them go with Kyle Singler. I know a lot of people are not liking him but this kid is a warrior. He is not the athlete Tyler Honeycutt will ever be, but he has the same intangibles. High BBIQ, can shoot, can defend and is also physical and a proven winner. He's also bigger (6'9'' 225), he'll be great behind Paul Pierce.

Then again, he might be available in the 2nd round.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2011, 01:27:38 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas

If the C's will go for a SF in my opinion i'd rather have them go with Kyle Singler. I know a lot of people are not liking him but this kid is a warrior. He is not the athlete Tyler Honeycutt will ever be, but he has the same intangibles. High BBIQ, can shoot, can defend and is also physical and a proven winner. He's also bigger (6'9'' 225), he'll be great behind Paul Pierce.

maybe the Celtics can trade Avery and grab both Honeycutt & Singler. Big back-court:

Delonte
Honeycutt
Singler

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 02:43:05 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

maybe the Celtics can trade Avery and grab both Honeycutt & Singler. Big back-court:

Delonte
Honeycutt
Singler

As much as I wanna see Avery develop, I LIKE THIS TRADE IDEA.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2011, 03:20:07 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas

Delonte
Honeycutt
Singler

As much as I wanna see Avery develop, I LIKE THIS TRADE IDEA.

Denver possible trade partner @ 22. Both of their SG (JR & Afflalo) are FAs. Celtics receive #22 for Avery Bradley. The team that can foil this plan is OKC. Thunder will be moving Harden to the starting lineup. They have a need for a wing player replacing Harden as a 6th man.

I'm doing a lot of speculating. We Will see what direction Danny Ainge goes on Thursday.

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, 04:05:06 AM »

Offline StarzNBarz

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
Draft express had the Celtics taking Tyler Honeycutt. I dont think we need another Jeff Green type on our team.

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2011, 01:01:26 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm convinced: there's some tall value late in the first round.  I want the C's to trade #55, with something or other, to the Wolves for their #20.  Danny's a bargain shopper and there are some bargains there.

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2011, 03:15:38 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
big big big!

i don't want a pg, sg, or combo!  they have to get the best big on the board!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2011, 03:49:21 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
big big big!

i don't want a pg, sg, or combo!  they have to get the best big on the board!

I hear ya, it was the homegrown Big Al and Perk that made it possible for Danny to collect the Big Three onto a championship team.  The little guys were just filler in getting it done.

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2011, 09:28:23 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
What offensive skills did Wallace have out of Alabama (or even in Sacramento)?  He was a very enthusiastic run and jump athlete with very little in the way of NBA ready skills.

First of all, Wallace was a lot younger than Singleton.  He came out as a freshman.  Singleton has played three years in college and the best he's shot from the field in 43 percent and the best he's shot from the line is 66 percent.  In College! And he's 6'9 with great brute strength and good athleticism.  How does a guy with those qualities, who is an NBA prospect, a physically fully developed NBA prospect, manage to shoot that low a percentage from the field?  Just with his size alone, if he had any nose for scoring, he should have put up better percentages.

After looking at some video, it's not hard to explain why he shot so poorly.  It was because his touch around the basket is poor and not only was his outside shot suspect, but he took bad shots off the dribble, fading away, head shakers.  I have no confidence that he's suddenly going to learn how to drive to the hoop and finish against a much higher level of competition.  He's going to be a role player, someone who allows a team to go small and defend.  Even on defense, I'm not too sure his lateral quickness is all that great.  He got beat off the dribble and then recovered against smaller guys.  He's not going to be able to do that in the NBA or not at the rate to make him a defensive stopper.

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2011, 10:23:10 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Not sure we need a SF; but the idea of Rondo, Honeycutt and Green is really intriguing. Also could go small with Green at PF and add Delonte or Bradley. Add Dalembert and I could live with that.

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2011, 04:31:20 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I would really love to find a trade partner in the 10-20 range and jump on a player who starts to slide. Anybody know of any teams in that range who have been rumored to be shopping their pick?
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce