Author Topic: Luka Doncic Awareness Thread  (Read 113794 times)

Re: Luka Doncic Awareness Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2017, 06:39:22 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I admit, I haven't watched full UCLA games featuring Lonzo Ball. I saw many game highlights throughout the year and draftexpress scouting videos. He seems like he will go in the 2/4 range. But watching Dončić play, I can't really find any advantage Ball would have over him.
Dončić is younger, has played against superior competition for years, same goes for coaching, has better size (point forward potential), wider frame, seems a bit stronger, has a polished shooting form with great arc, doesn't shy away from contact, hits his free throws and his father was a bball player too, so he has that pedigee. He goes for the rebounds, pushes it up the floor on every oportunity and has the flashiness that lights up the crowd. Both are good, but not elite athletes, that have OK, but not great lenght. They also look like they could play in any system regardless of their teamates, since they are versatile (can drible, pass and shoot).
Some might percieve me biased (he is not my countrymen), but I don't see that one (or any) thing that might put Ball over him. I am realy excited with the small posibility we might get our hands on this kid. If you have seen Dončić play, please tell me, am I missing something?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2017, 06:41:00 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
I admit I haven't watched full UCLA games featuring Lonzo Ball. I saw many game highlights throughout the year and draftexpress scouting videos. He seems like he will go in the 2/4 range. But watching Dončić play, I can't really find any advantage Ball would have over him.
Dončić is younger, has played against superior competition for years, same goes for coaching, has better size (point forward potential), wider frame, seems a bit stronger, has a polished shooting form with great arc, doesn't shy away from contact, hits his free throws and his father was a bball player too, so he has that pedigee. He goes for the rebounds, pushes it up the floor on every oportunity and has the flashiness that lights up the crowd. Both are good, but not elite athletes that have OK, but not great lenght. They also look like they could play in any system regardless of their teamates, since they are versatile (can drible, pass and shoot).
Some might percieve me biased (he is not my countrymen), but I don't see that one (or any) thing that might put Ball over him. I am realy excited with the small posibility we might get our hands on this kid. If you hace seen Dončić play, please tell mem am I missing something?
Ball is a better athlete to my eyes.

He can really fly in transition, Jeff Green type athleticism.

Also, havent seen enough of either of them to really comment on this but based on reports Ive read, Ball is a more gifted passer.

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2017, 01:49:41 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
http://ballineurope.com/luka-doncic-real-madrid-profile-basketball-6032/

Looks like he's really going to be something kind of special.

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2017, 01:59:08 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Playing such an important role at 18 for the one of the top3 (even the best) teams in europe is already a huge accomplishment. He has the skills and the brain to make it

My only question is about his athletic ability and how it affects his defence. I don't think he is fast enough to guard the Walls and the Irvings....

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
My only question is about his athletic ability and how it affects his defence. I don't think he is fast enough to guard the Walls and the Irvings....

He'll guard the Beals and JRs...

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2017, 03:21:48 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
You think he can?

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2017, 04:23:53 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
You think he can?
Too early to tell, buddy. But he has the intelligence to defend well. Let's see the physical development.

« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2017, 06:51:06 PM »

Offline detour

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • Jack of some trades
He got the Rising Star award in Euroleague. It is similar to ROY, given to best player under 22 years old. Doncic is youngest winner ever, having turned 18 this season. Below is a short video about it:

https://youtu.be/ZfDtalvUK5k

« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2017, 07:21:31 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Apologies guys I don't see him having any GOAT potential most of you guys see he has, it's just a gut feeling. I do see the makings of a very good player though, but I would pick Porter, Ayton and Bamba ahead of him. I hope the Celtics don't draft him and let the suns draft him to pair with Bender lol(if my gut feeling is right Doncic will have "busted" with such high expectations)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2017, 07:35:30 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Apologies guys I don't see him having any GOAT potential most of you guys see he has, it's just a gut feeling. I do see the makings of a very good player though, but I would pick Porter, Ayton and Bamba ahead of him. I hope the Celtics don't draft him and let the suns draft him to pair with Bender lol(if my gut feeling is right Doncic will have "busted" with such high expectations)

I'm not going to say Doncic is going to be a stud, but Porter,Ayton and Bamba are playing against kids.Some kids wont even sniff college let alone any pro league.  Doncic is paying against men. Big difference in how they will look in highlights.

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2017, 11:36:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Unless Doncic is the next manu... Pass

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2017, 11:59:38 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
I hope the Celtics don't draft him and let the suns draft him to pair with Bender lol(if my gut feeling is right Doncic will have "busted" with such high expectations)

Doncic and Bender cannot be in the same sentence. Like comparing Ray Allen to Alen Ray!
I said it soo many times but i will say it again.... Bender was an end of the bench player for the worse Maccabi team of the last 20 years playing in a average league.

Doncic on the other hand is KEY player for a team that will probably win the Spanish league (best league not named NBA) and the Euroleague.

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2017, 12:01:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I hope the Celtics don't draft him and let the suns draft him to pair with Bender lol(if my gut feeling is right Doncic will have "busted" with such high expectations)

Doncic and Bender cannot be in the same sentence. Like comparing Ray Allen to Alen Ray!
I said it soo many times but i will say it again.... Bender was an end of the bench player for the worse Maccabi team of the last 20 years playing in a average league.

Doncic on the other hand is KEY player for a team that will probably win the Spanish league (best league not named NBA) and the Euroleague.

Is doncic more fournier

Or manu?

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2017, 12:12:26 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
tb, why not make your own decision on that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-v6h28Wiqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbfuW2KBMc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB60sYnXPS4 (watch the shot at 49 seconds in)

remember his age and the level of competition when watching. enjoy!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2017, 12:18:00 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Is doncic more fournier

Or manu?

He is much more Manu than Fournier. I am not saying he is Manu , i am not saying he will be like Manu. But Manu at 18 played for Andino Sport Club (?!?!?!?) and Doncic leads Real Madrid.