Author Topic: Hayward's free pass has been revoked...  (Read 4732 times)

Re: Hayward's free pass has been revoked...
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2018, 09:50:53 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Even if he becomes the best player in the league, why wouldn't my post age well?

Like, just think through what I'm saying before commenting.

He was playing bad.
He shouldn't have been a starter at the start of the season until fully proving that he was back in good form.

Where is the part that won't age well?
Let's say he turns out to be the best player in the league. What will you do? Reference my comment that he played bad at the start of the season and didn't deserve a starter role until fully back from the injury as a sign that I'm an idiot? The two thoughts have nothing to do with each other as I'm not arguing against the thought that he will probably be the best or 2nd best player on the team soon.

he was actually starting to play better before getting benched. He wasnt benched because he's not top 5. Heck he got benched in favor of Baynes, is baynes top 5?!

Lol. He didn’t get benched for Baynes... Baynes got moved to the starting lineup and Brad determined that Hayward was playing worse than JB and Tatum or he would have moved one of them. He got benched for JB basically.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 10:00:09 PM by Erik »

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2018, 10:44:49 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
What in the world is this? This is some of the worst narrative forming I've seen?

Gordon Hayward being drafted 9th overall and improving his game every year doesn't count as hard work? Marcus Smart showing up to camp several years overweight and not improving as a shooter counts as hard work?

I like both players and they both have roles on the championship team we are building, but using this to knock Gordon Hayward seems a bit much.

Just another anti Hayward thread from IDreamCeltics nothing much to see here. ::)

I'm actually a fan of both players, sorry to ruin the lazy and inaccurate narrative that I just don't "like" Hayward.

A look at your post history as it relates to Hayward suggests otherwise. There's nothing wrong with not liking a player, we all have players we don't like. Just admit it, that's all  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2018, 10:55:09 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1370
Even if he becomes the best player in the league, why wouldn't my post age well?

He was playing bad.
He shouldn't have been a starter at the start of the season until fully proving that he was back in good form.

Let's say he turns out to be the best player in the league. What will you do? Reference my comment that he played bad at the start of the season and didn't deserve a starter role until fully back from the injury as a sign that I'm an idiot? The two thoughts have nothing to do with each other as I'm not arguing against the thought that he will probably be the best or 2nd best player on the team soon.

he was actually starting to play better before getting benched. He wasnt benched because he's not top 5. Heck he got benched in favor of Baynes, is baynes top 5?!

Lol. He didn’t get benched for Baynes... Baynes got moved to the starting lineup and Brad determined that Hayward was playing worse than JB and Tatum or he would have moved one of them. He got benched for JB basically.

Actually Brad is on record as saying that Hayward was moved to the bench because he was seen as a much better facilitator than either Jayson or Jaylen so he could be the primary facilitator for that second unit. Also Brad felt that it would set a better example to the team if Hayward, who was on a max contract, was willing to move to the bench for the betterment of the team. I have no doubt he leveraged his relationship with Hayward in making that decision.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2018, 11:26:06 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

He was playing bad.

So who got benched for Baynes, no one? That'd make six players in the starting five. Okay mister  ::)

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2018, 12:15:10 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Anyway, another really nice low-key game from Gordy.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2018, 05:13:45 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Comparing Hayward's season ending, horrible injury to Smart's banged-up hand injuries is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read on here.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce