Author Topic: Change everything  (Read 1220 times)

Change everything
« on: June 13, 2013, 01:39:23 AM »

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
Not sure how legal this is

1) Hope Shabazz slips to us at 16
2) Trade KG and Doc to the Clippers for DeAmdre Jordan + Butler + Bledsoe (if Steven A smith was right, this would include Griffinm but again, not getting my hopes up)
3) Avery Bradley + Pierce for Eric Gordon; assumption is Pierce will be waived and go to the Clippers
4) Trade Rondo + 2014 first For Cousins + Evans

PG: Bledsoe/Lee/Terry
SG: Gordon/Evans
SF: Green/Shabazz
PF: Jordan/Bass/Sully
C: Cousins/Melo

The only downside is the lack of maturity with these guys.

Coaches to consider:
George Karl
Phil Jackson
Jerry Sloan
That guy from FGSU

Albeit this is basically what's been thrown around already. I think Danny has to pull the trigger on some of these moves

I'd also not mind a tank on top of it

Re: Change everything
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 05:15:32 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I'm assuming that this trade scenario involves a handshake deal between New Orleans, Pierce and the Clippers where New Orleans promises to waive Pierce and Pierce promises to follow KG to LAC (which I think in theory at least makes sense for all teams involved).

I think its a really interesting idea, once you wrap your head around the fact that its basically trading Pierce and KG to LAC which is why they are willing to give up Bledsoe and Jordan.

I see a few problems with it though. Jordan isn't a PF and neither is Cousins and having both on the roster at Center is redundant. Its one or the other really.

The other issue I have with it is moving Rondo. Bledsoe just seems like a HUGE step back (he has tons of potential, but hasn't proven anything yet). I'd rather try to package together Bledsoe, Jordan and our 2014 first for Cousins, Salmons and Thomas. Cousins is a better overall talent who could be a 20/10 guy and Thomas can be our backup PG (we have to eat Salmons' contract in the process).Then your roster is like:

PG: Rondo/Thomas
SG: Gordon/Terry/Crawford
SF: Green/Butler/Salmons
PF: Sullinger/Robinson/Bass

Ideally we could then flip Courtney Lee to Memphis for their trade exception (which was discussed at the deadline) and then in turn use that trade exception to take on Thomas Robinson from the Rockets who are looking for cap relief to fill out our PF rotation. (I added that in above).

Plus we go with BPA with our 2013 pick no matter who it is and thats a really solid young roster that could do some damage if healthy and clicking.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 12:23:31 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
When you said change everything, you meant CHANGE EVERYTHING? Might as well move the whole  franchise to Seattle, this change is that far out.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Some good ideas.

And I do agree that a team of Bledsoe, Gordon, Green and Cousins would be very fun to watch.

The only issue I could foresee is the Sacramento part.

I am not sure that the Kings would deal Evans AND Cousins for Rondo (especially when Rondo may not even be ready for the beginning of the season.)

I don't know why but for some reason, I think Detroit would be a very good trade partner with Sac for Cousins because the Pistons have two very talented big men in Monroe and Drummond and could see a swap taking place there.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:10:26 PM by gpap »

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 01:49:43 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I could ride with that. Just need to dump Jordan, he's pretty bad IMO. Maybe trade him for Gortat and a 1st?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 02:19:20 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Not sure how legal this is

1) Hope Shabazz slips to us at 16
2) Trade KG and Doc to the Clippers for DeAmdre Jordan + Butler + Bledsoe (if Steven A smith was right, this would include Griffinm but again, not getting my hopes up)
3) Avery Bradley + Pierce for Eric Gordon; assumption is Pierce will be waived and go to the Clippers
4) Trade Rondo + 2014 first For Cousins + Evans

PG: Bledsoe/Lee/Terry
SG: Gordon/Evans
SF: Green/Shabazz
PF: Jordan/Bass/Sully

The only downside is the lack of maturity with these guys.

Coaches to consider:
George Karl
Phil Jackson
Jerry Sloan
That guy from FGSU

Albeit this is basically what's been thrown around already. I think Danny has to pull the trigger on some of these moves

I'd also not mind a tank on top of it
No, they only downside with those guys is that half of them suck, and the other half can't stay healthy.

Also, there's no way that Karl, Jackson, or Sloan are going to coach this hot mess.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 02:36:54 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1764
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This is pretty much what I am expecting from the Celtics eventually and we might as well just rip the bandaid off and get something for KG and Pierce [unless a great opportunity arises and we have a strong chance of competing for a championship next year].

All of these ideas are not far-fetched, as they have all been discussed individually on their own.

Not that I would be ecstatic to have a complete overhaul of an awesome generation of Celtics, but we would have young assets galore and KG and Pierce would be able to comptete from their homes for one last chance.