Author Topic: 24: Season 8  (Read 11333 times)

Re: 24: Season 8
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 05:08:27 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Last episode was lame.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 06:04:45 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Last episode was lame.

No, it was a movie trailer.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2010, 02:51:16 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Watched the 2 hour finale, I liked them. Was hoping for more Jack Bauer violence, but I thought he had done enough. I thought it was a nice ending, looking forward to the movie when it gets done.

Fox has done a big mistake in cancelling this in my opinion, they'll regret it. They schedule for next year doesn't look good in the drama department.

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2010, 03:04:03 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Watched the 2 hour finale, I liked them. Was hoping for more Jack Bauer violence, but I thought he had done enough. I thought it was a nice ending, looking forward to the movie when it gets done.

Fox has done a big mistake in cancelling this in my opinion, they'll regret it. They schedule for next year doesn't look good in the drama department.

Yeah, 24 was getting a bit cliched, but come on, what do they have that is better for that Monday night time slot?  Lie To Me?  No thanks.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2010, 03:16:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Yeah, 24 was getting a bit cliched, but come on, what do they have that is better for that Monday night time slot?  Lie To Me?  No thanks.
agreed, it was getting a bit repetitive but the action and tension was still there.  hope they do turn out a movie or two.  wondering if they'll call it "2" for a 2-hour movie  :P

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2010, 03:17:58 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Yeah, 24 was getting a bit cliched, but come on, what do they have that is better for that Monday night time slot?  Lie To Me?  No thanks.

No problem with Lie to Me, I like the show myself. But it's not a strong show. I'm just majorly disappointed in what I've seen so far of the new shows they're bringing on. Lie to Me is an alright complementary show. Then you have Human Target that will not bring the ratings, and even though I enjoy it, it's not a good show... just a fun show at best. And these are the shows they chose to retain, not really a building block.

agreed, it was getting a bit repetitive but the action and tension was still there.  hope they do turn out a movie or two.  wondering if they'll call it "2" for a 2-hour movie  :P

As I understand it, it won't be real-time like it is now. So maybe the 24-hour premise is still there, just not in real-time.

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2010, 03:32:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Yeah, 24 was getting a bit cliched, but come on, what do they have that is better for that Monday night time slot?  Lie To Me?  No thanks.
agreed, it was getting a bit repetitive but the action and tension was still there.  hope they do turn out a movie or two.  wondering if they'll call it "2" for a 2-hour movie  :P

As I understand it, it won't be real-time like it is now. So maybe the 24-hour premise is still there, just not in real-time.

Was trying to be a smartass -- evidently I didn't do a very good job of it.   :-[

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 03:38:33 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Was trying to be a smartass -- evidently I didn't do a very good job of it.   :-[

No, that came through completely. Just wanted to add that it won't be in real-time as some might expect. I really don't know what their plan is, but as I've heard it they'll probably wont do the whole real-time thing.