Author Topic: 24 (TV Show)  (Read 35898 times)

24 (TV Show)
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:24:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
post thoughts on 24 here

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: 24 (TV Show)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 01:06:27 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Ah, 24 in CelticsBlog. If you have a place to discuss the Celtics and Jack Bauer all is right with the world.

Well let's get right to business:

I'm really liking this new season. The acting has been good, the drama has been good, interesting characters and plots. How the last episode ended up was quite messed up with the chick being buried alive with the plastic sheet ontop of her. The visual of that scenes was awesome.

Viva the Bauer Choke!

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 01:09:17 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Thamk God for the (...)
I thought this was a Kobe thread.
I'm relaxed again  ;)

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 01:21:19 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Yeah, the new season so far has been great.  The series needed a bit of a reboot after a disappointing Season 6, and so far, everything seems fresh.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 01:26:45 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
For those interested you can catch all this season's episodes here and also the Redemption movie:
http://www.hulu.com/24

They are also posting episodes for the first season, for those that have never seen the series or simply want to rewatch.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
24!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen every season except 3, in their entireties, without having the rent the DVDs ([dang] dorms not having cable my freshman year... thus no season 3).

Anybody else notice the rare use of the silent clock at the end of the last episode?

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 01:40:43 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
24!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen every season except 3, in their entireties, without having the rent the DVDs ([dang] dorms not having cable my freshman year... thus no season 3).

Anybody else notice the rare use of the silent clock at the end of the last episode?

I certainly didn't, will replay the scene tonight and check it out. What do you make of it? Some sort of omen?

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 01:48:58 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
24!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly didn't, will replay the scene tonight and check it out. What do you make of it? Some sort of omen?

Well, in the past it has only been used when an important character died (or may have)...

When Palmer was poisoned by the lady's handshake... when Teri Bauer died... when Edgar was killed by the gas... when Jack killed Curtis last year...

I was very surprised they used it on Agent Walker after only ~5 episodes and with her still alive.  I think they want us to believe she will die, but I am quite confident that she doesn't.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
24!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, in the past it has only been used when an important character died (or may have)...

When Palmer was poisoned by the lady's handshake... when Teri Bauer died... when Edgar was killed by the gas... when Jack killed Curtis last year...

I was very surprised they used it on Agent Walker after only ~5 episodes and with her still alive.  I think they want us to believe she will die, but I am quite confident that she doesn't.

I don't think I've ever made that connection, or maybe they've just been so long ago that I don't remember. I certainly don't think she will die, with the DOJ plot still going forward, I would guess she needs to remain alive to really make use of that storyline effectively. Plus I really like her.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 01:52:48 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
24!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I've ever made that connection, or maybe they've just been so long ago that I don't remember. I certainly don't think she will die, with the DOJ plot still going forward, I would guess she needs to remain alive to really make use of that storyline effectively. Plus I really like her.

I like her too.  She's one of the few characters in the show's history that so quickly and correctly identified that Jack Bauer knows what he's doing, and that agreeing with him is probably the way to go.

If everyone agreed with Jack all the time, the show would just be called "4".

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 02:01:24 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
24!!!!!!!!!!!

I like her too.  She's one of the few characters in the show's history that so quickly and correctly identified that Jack Bauer knows what he's doing, and that agreeing with him is probably the way to go.

It's "2" actually (I think). And yeah, I really like that aspect of her, the whole "Jack is nuts we can't trust him" routine could get a bit tiring, so this was a fresh approach with her character.

Any theories on the mole? Sean (Billy from Entourage) and Erica (Ever Carradine) are my current lead suspects. But Sean keeps disproving my suspicions with BS explanations that coincidentally turn out to be quite logical and truthful.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 02:02:01 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72

TP on that. I just found it hilarious.

Man I forgot that Jack killed Curtis. I didn't start watching till late in the game, I gotta net flix the first couple seasons. (I think I watched 3-5, but maybe just 4 and 5.)

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 02:03:50 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
she isnt dead.  no way.

her being alive allows her to return to the fbi, say, hey jack must be working for us still, and set up a possible conflict/confrontation within the fbi as to what his motives are.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
my main problem with the show is just how repetitive it has gotten.  I mean, I guess that happens with a show of this nature, but you can always predict what is going to happen (IE leak in high profile places and agencies, working with terrorists, some form of bribery at some point, double agents, etc...) I know it goes with the genre but I think 24 has taken it a step too far.

Still an entertaining show, but nothing compares to the first few seasons when it was new and fresh.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 02:08:19 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • The good ole days.
It's "2" actually (I think). And yeah, I really like that aspect of her, the whole "Jack is nuts we can't trust him" routine could get a bit tiring, so this was a fresh approach with her character.

Any theories on the mole? Sean (Billy from Entourage) and Erica (Ever Carradine) are my current lead suspects. But Sean keeps disproving my suspicions with BS explanations that coincidentally turn out to be quite logical and truthful.

Not yet.  I don't think it's Billy Walsh.  Could be the blonde chick that they inferred he's having an affair with (I think she is Erica that you mentioned?).  Definitely not Garofolo... although what a twist that would be!