Author Topic: "The Shield " Series Finale  (Read 13989 times)

Re: "The Shield " Series Finale
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 07:38:44 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
i was'nt crazy about the ending at first but i've come around. i'm a sci-fi geek so while it was'nt #1 ever for me personally,i think it was the best. ronnie... it's still chilling for me ,just thinking about it. what a show.

i just watched the series finale with the commentary for the first time. shawn ryan, chiklis, karnes, martinez, all sit in for commentary. good stuff.

chiklis felt vic was always likable because he never wavered. there was no BS to his character. that made the final scene so amazing, when he walked in to the fbi offices in his suit. shawn ryan said when he watched the show with 25 critics, most did not even realize it was vic mackey in the suit. that is so out of place he looked. vic was always liked because he was always loyal to his guys, as long as they were loyal to him. all except the final two episodes, when vic sells out ronnie. the show was so unpredictable.

also, julia campbell (who plays billings lawyer and hits on dutch in one of the final scenes) is actually married to jay karnes. i did not know that.

if you are a shield fan (and it is my favorite show of all time) i linked a pretty neat web site below.

http://theshield.wikia.com/wiki/The_Shield_Wiki

keep this thread going, i could talk about this show all day!  :)
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 08:18:34 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I got my brother hooked on this a few months ago. He's watching season 7 right now. I told him to call me after Vic "talks" to the feds.  ;)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 08:35:40 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
I got my brother hooked on this a few months ago. He's watching season 7 right now. I told him to call me after Vic "talks" to the feds.  ;)

i have a friend of mine who is going to start watching. he is at the end of season one. i am actually jealous of him that he can watch these 7 seasons from the start and not know what is going to happen. i am re-watching and i am just getting into season 5. This is my favorite season, with kavanugh chasing lem, and then mackey, and of course the final showdown (spoiler alert) with shane and lem in the final episode. the show is perfectly done. shawn ryan is a genius.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"