Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 953836 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #2820 on: March 11, 2019, 02:24:47 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Just watched a Star is Born, Bohemian Rhapssodi, Creed 2.  Creed 2 was my favorite out of those.  Best movie I’ve seen in a while is Free Solo.  Love it!
saw Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody.  both were ok.  bored a bit with Star.  Rhapsody was ok except it reminded me how disappointed I was in Queen's song set during Live Aid.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 02:44:34 PM by slamtheking »

« Reply #2821 on: March 11, 2019, 02:39:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Not a 'movie', but I also recently binge-watched season 1 of the Umbrella Academy on Netflix.

Strongly recommend watching that.  Quirky, weird and endearing.

Yeh.  I kinda liked that.  I have one episode left to watch.

Watched Bohemian Rhapsody at home last weekend.  It was pretty good.  A little "showy", but I guess that was the point.  I love that my teenage daughters have seen it multiple times though.

I went and saw Green Book in the theater on Saturday.  Really enjoyed that.  It kind of reminded me of a more serious Plains, Trains and Automobiles.  Very endearing.

I also watched the last hour of Back to the Future, which is always fun to watch with new perspective as time goes by.
Yup

« Reply #2822 on: March 11, 2019, 02:50:24 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I just watched Free Solo.  It's breathtaking!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #2823 on: March 24, 2019, 03:17:41 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Us. It’s good, but not particularly great.  It’s pretty much what I expect from a good horror movie: good acting, good directing, good use of sound to create tension, but a pretty silly, thin story.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2824 on: March 24, 2019, 03:26:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Gran Torino.

Movie was RAW - to say the least. I doubt it would pass muster TODAY - and it's only 11 years old....

Walt Kowalski's neighbors were able to look past his faults (and they were MANY, to say the least lol) - and see the GOOD in him.

He ALSO started to see the GOOD in his neighbors as well.

Great movie.

« Reply #2825 on: March 24, 2019, 03:28:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Gran Torino.

Movie was RAW - to say the least. I doubt it would pass muster TODAY - and it's only 11 years old....

Walt Kowalski's neighbors were able to look past his faults (and they were MANY, to say the least lol) - and see the GOOD in him.

Great movie.

Yeah, that’s a good one. I wonder who the current generation’s Clint Wastwood will be.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2826 on: March 24, 2019, 03:33:07 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Gran Torino.

Great movie.

Yeah, that’s a good one. I wonder who the current generation’s Clint Wastwood will be.

Don't think there IS one. If there IS he / she would be tarred and feathered and labeled either too left or right.

« Reply #2827 on: March 24, 2019, 03:50:22 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Lol I see much of my late father in Walt Kowalski.

He was a war vet - as Clint Eastwood's character Walt Kowalski was.

He had a SIGNIFICANT drinking problem - as did Walt.

He had significant issues related to his time in the war - as Walt did.

He ALSO seemed to dislike EVERYONE - telling me SEVERAL times that he was for Equal Opportunity - He hated EVERYONE equally....dude told me once he wanted to be buried and have his rear end exposed with the tatoo on it "Kiss My ***" LOL.................

Rest in Peace, Dad. You too - Walt.

« Reply #2828 on: March 24, 2019, 04:13:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Captain Marvel.  Good Marvel movie.  Not one the best but definitely not one of the worst.  good, solid superhero movie.

« Reply #2829 on: March 24, 2019, 04:15:09 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Just watched 'Paddleton' on Netflix last week. Not overly complicated, but well done. Ray Romano and Mark Duplass have good rapport and every guy should be able to relate in some way...luckily not in the tough sort of way, though. Easy watch, memorable, and more emotional than you expect going into it.

« Reply #2830 on: March 24, 2019, 04:24:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
"Us"

Meh...

« Reply #2831 on: March 24, 2019, 05:15:30 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Creed 2

No complaints. A good sequel because it really builds off what was established in the first but somewhat predictable . Overall an above average movie. Maybe they do have a frachise thing going after all. I didn't expect either movie to as good as they were.

Also saw
"The man who killed Hitler then bigfoot"

I don't know why I liked the movie but I did. It's one of those, I haven't seen this one let me watch it movies. Low expectations and it will be okay time killer watch.

« Reply #2832 on: March 24, 2019, 05:23:32 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Not a 'movie', but I also recently binge-watched season 1 of the Umbrella Academy on Netflix.

Strongly recommend watching that.  Quirky, weird and endearing.
It reminded me of Watchmen and it had a little pulp fiction added in. I also heard it was similar to Rising Stars comic. I never read Rising Stars but I picked up the comics this week as I was a fan of B5 and Heroes which its linked to both in ways. So far the comic is good 6 issues in.

« Reply #2833 on: March 24, 2019, 06:18:13 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
I just watched Free Solo.  It's breathtaking!

I was watching this at my parents house and my elderly mother joined me about 2/3 in the movie. She was shocked that anyone would climb such a wall with ropes. Her reaction was as expected when she realized that he was free climbing  ;D

"THERE`S NO ROPES!!"

« Reply #2834 on: March 24, 2019, 06:18:31 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Just watched 'Paddleton' on Netflix last week. Not overly complicated, but well done. Ray Romano and Mark Duplass have good rapport and every guy should be able to relate in some way...luckily not in the tough sort of way, though. Easy watch, memorable, and more emotional than you expect going into it.
I really liked this movie.  I watched the Motley Crue movie "The Dirt" last night and enjoyed it.  I especially liked Ozzy's scene.