Author Topic: Our Legacy: Poor Man's Detroit Pistons  (Read 4007 times)

Re: Our Legacy: Poor Man's Detroit Pistons
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2013, 10:03:01 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

2012-13 - Swept in 1st round

Not quite. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Re: Our Legacy: Poor Man's Detroit Pistons
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 11:32:18 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Ugg I'd like to hope we have more luck than the Pistons have had in the post-big 3 era. I feel some of the blame goes to Pistons management for locking up so much money in mediocre players like Villanueva... oh wait that's us with players like Bass, dang.

But in actuality I do think we have some better pieces moving forward in Rondo, Sully, and Green. We'll see where this team goes.
You'd like to think that Rondo, Sully and Green are superior to what the Pistons had their 1st lotto year... but I doubt it's all that better than what Detroit had: Stuckey, Ben Gordon, Prince, Villanueva

Rondo, Sully, Bradley and Green are much better than that group of Pistons in one area that matters a lot -- cost.  The Pistons way overpaid for that group of guys, and it took them a few years to recover from that blunder.
Right. Dumars spectacularly bungled their cap space in 2009, although (and I had to look this up because I couldn't believe it) they didn't end up amnestying any of those contracts.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.