Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119381 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #435 on: June 19, 2018, 04:32:45 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
 32s33 seconds ago
More
With the #NBADraft Kawhi Leonard's shadow is looming both the Sixers and Celtics are options but his stated preference is LA. Celtics deal could be Hayward or Irving and Brown with a pick. Sixers offer on the table is Fultz, Saric, and a 1st rounder.

There is no way in hell I send out Brown, a pick AND Hayward or Kyrie.
Who is @probasketballdraft? Some guy with 250 followers? I think guys here at CB have more credence than this guy

17K followers...just passing on the info I see...
Oops. Read wrong. He is following 250 others. My bad.

Still never heard of the guy.

One of the things throwing me off on that account's bio is the link to sherdianhoops.com.   That site "shut down" in 2016.  Why still link to it in your bio?  To see archives?  Just weird.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #436 on: June 19, 2018, 06:21:07 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
 32s33 seconds ago
More
With the #NBADraft Kawhi Leonard's shadow is looming both the Sixers and Celtics are options but his stated preference is LA. Celtics deal could be Hayward or Irving and Brown with a pick. Sixers offer on the table is Fultz, Saric, and a 1st rounder.

Who is @probasketballdraft? Some guy with 250 followers? I think guys here at CB have more credence than this guy

17K followers...just passing on the info I see...
Oops. Read wrong. He is following 250 others. My bad.

Still never heard of the guy.

One of the things throwing me off on that account's bio is the link to sherdianhoops.com.   That site "shut down" in 2016.  Why still link to it in your bio?  To see archives?  Just weird.

I remember sheridanhoops.com being my go-to source during the lockout in 2011 haha. It was before we (or at least I) got everything through Twitter, I guess.

He was the original Woj imo.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #437 on: June 19, 2018, 06:36:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
 32s33 seconds ago
More

Bet he has a lot more now.  ::)

Seriously, though, does sound like a good marketing campaign. I should send out a tweet

With the #NBADraft days away, sounds like Spurs have decided to send Leonard, their 2020 first and their 2022 first to the Celtics for Yabu, the rights to Sullinger and a really big hot dog from the concession stand. Not one of the minis. One of those jumbo guys that sells for $10. Commish Silver agreeing to waive salary matching restrictions.

Wonder how many times one could get that retweeted?

Mike

Depends. Are you willing to pay $15 a month, I believe, for Twitter's "Promote Mode"? ::) ;D

« Reply #438 on: June 19, 2018, 06:44:59 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
If Ainge deals Kyrie or Hayward AND Jaylen Brown along with a pick FOR Kawhi Leonard, I expect the City of Boston to make him run for his life and make sure he is not seen again anywhere near the state of Massachusetts.

I am not giving up two stars and a valuable pick for a player who played only 9 games last season and who will bolt to the Lakers in a year because he has his mind set for Los Angeles.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #439 on: June 19, 2018, 07:20:38 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
If Ainge deals Kyrie or Hayward AND Jaylen Brown along with a pick FOR Kawhi Leonard, I expect the City of Boston to make him run for his life and make sure he is not seen again anywhere near the state of Massachusetts.

I am not giving up two stars and a valuable pick for a player who played only 9 games last season and who will bolt to the Lakers in a year because he has his mind set for Los Angeles.

Kawhi you gotta be so rude...;) ::) ;D *groan*.

« Reply #440 on: June 19, 2018, 07:44:18 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Tom Penn on ESPN just said it was not worth Boston going after  Leonard. Too much money and it imbalances their roster if Kyrie was moved.

Said stay the course because they are good enough as is

« Reply #441 on: June 19, 2018, 07:51:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
One team that has good enough assets ... I hope doesn't win in the Leonard sweepstakes is the Knicks

9th, Frank N,  Hardaway Jr , future 1st for Leonard

Bc this could really entice Irving to leave for the Knicks next season if the Celts dont win the championship

Wonder what their cap situation will allow for?

Can they still stretch Noah’s $19M salary (I doubt they can move him)? Can they afford to give max salaries to Porzingis (assuming he comes back as effective), Kawhi AND Irving?

Sure, if they were able to move Hardaway for Leonard they could make it work.  They’d have to dump the last year of Courtney Lee as well next summer, in addition to stretching Noah. And it would be one of those situations where you’ve got your three stars, a bunch of minimum players, are done a draft pick or two in the future, and are capped out.

But I really can’t see San Antonio taking that package.  Hardaway isn’t doing anything for them other than taking up a lot of cap space for a long time.  Kanter’s expiring makes more sense.

Doubt he goes to Knicks unless Porzingis comes back. Balance of Knick roster is lame.

« Reply #442 on: June 19, 2018, 07:58:26 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
Tom Penn on ESPN just said it was not worth Boston going after  Leonard. Too much money and it imbalances their roster if Kyrie was moved.

Straight up for Kyrie maybe.

But to have to include Brown, Rozier, Morris, etc. will gut the depth, especially if we lose Smart.

I don’t hate the idea of Kyrie for Kawhi and then Brown for Doncic (if Danny loves him). While Kyrie is one of the very elite shot-creators, we would have Leonard, Tatum, and Hayward who are all very capable of creating for themselves. And then the offense can be ran through both Doncic or Horford. Unreal to try to gameplan against.

Seems like DA could do a lot this summer or absolutely nothing at all (other than draft at 27 and resign our guys. He is in a good spot where he isn’t pressured do make a move just for the sake of it, only if he feels it’s worth it.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #443 on: June 19, 2018, 08:07:31 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
One team that has good enough assets ... I hope doesn't win in the Leonard sweepstakes is the Knicks

9th, Frank N,  Hardaway Jr , future 1st for Leonard

Bc this could really entice Irving to leave for the Knicks next season if the Celts dont win the championship

Wonder what their cap situation will allow for?

Can they still stretch Noah’s $19M salary (I doubt they can move him)? Can they afford to give max salaries to Porzingis (assuming he comes back as effective), Kawhi AND Irving?

Sure, if they were able to move Hardaway for Leonard they could make it work.  They’d have to dump the last year of Courtney Lee as well next summer, in addition to stretching Noah. And it would be one of those situations where you’ve got your three stars, a bunch of minimum players, are done a draft pick or two in the future, and are capped out.

But I really can’t see San Antonio taking that package.  Hardaway isn’t doing anything for them other than taking up a lot of cap space for a long time.  Kanter’s expiring makes more sense.

Do you think multiple firsts would get it done? Ntilikina has shown potential (at least to Knicks fans lol) and Hardaway is definitely a rotation player who could play well with Aldridge. Add in the 9th pick which mayyyy be someone like Porter (doubt it) AND if you could squeeze out another future first or two, it may be a good enough package.

Steep price for NYK but they get a bonafide elite talent to pair with KP (if they trust his body going forward) and have the potential to add a third star. Sure they will mortgage their draft future (and we all saw how that worked out for Brooklyn, but the circumstances were very different), but players of Kawhi’s caliber don’t seem to wind up in New York that often.

May be worth the premium.

Perhaps if someone the Spurs love is there at 9 it may become a viable option.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #444 on: June 19, 2018, 08:20:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Sounds about right to me....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #445 on: June 19, 2018, 09:20:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Scary thought

Sacramento Kings smoke something special and trade #2 and a few young players for Leonard =T

« Reply #446 on: June 19, 2018, 09:21:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Scary thought

Sacramento Kings smoke something special and trade #2 and a few young players for Leonard =T

They would still manage to lose a ton of games. Leonard would play half-assed if he even plays, and the chemistry on that team would be awful.

« Reply #447 on: June 19, 2018, 09:29:32 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
i would trade for kawhi, his is as good if not better than Pierce at his peak, you never lose with players like that. 

« Reply #448 on: June 19, 2018, 10:36:23 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Scary thought

And then Kawhi Leonard bolts for the Lakers. What a scary thought indeed.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #449 on: June 19, 2018, 11:08:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Scary thought

And then Kawhi Leonard bolts for the Lakers. What a scary thought indeed.

In the meantime our 2019 pick tanks