Author Topic: Keep Fournier don't go after Lillard  (Read 6281 times)

Re: Keep Fournier don't go after Lillard
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2021, 08:44:48 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Thought:

Fournier and Rudy play very well together on France team. Jazz reportedly have Boggy and Ingles available. Could see Fournier sign and trade to Utah for one of those guys. I think Fournier a better fit there than in Boston. He’s a number two scorer. I doubt he re-signs with Boston unless a sign and trade.

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2021, 10:14:18 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Smart - with no other moves, he starts at point
Pritchard - takes the remaining point minutes

Langford - needs 15-20 minutes, but the team seems to want to experiment with him at point. Could play minutes at 1-3

Fournier - Proven scorer, plays 28-30 minutes at two guard or small forward
Nesmith - should justify 18-20 minutes as a rotation guard or small forward
Brown - can slot as the small forward starter, but will likely need guard minutes if we bring in a power forward or wing who plays

Keeping Fournier is not about just Fournier. As we sit, we barely have enough playing time for everyone we have now to develop or utilize properly. If we bring in anyone who plays other than a center, Jaylen's minutes begin to push into the equation too.

We have holes in this roster. Stevens probably shouldn't try to fix everything immediately unless he is provided with a very lucky break here, but he should try to make one significant move at point or power forward.

My take is that the smart way to do this is to buy a pick in the 7-11 range, and take Wagner or Mitchell. This can reduce salary, increases futre options and brings in a young player that grows with our young core.

Anyone we bring in will result in a minutes conflict that must be resolved, whether from a trade, the draft or a salary slot. That's just the math. I think we need to move one or two guys out to balance this roster.

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2021, 10:28:35 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Smart - with no other moves, he starts at point
Pritchard - takes the remaining point minutes

Langford - needs 15-20 minutes, but the team seems to want to experiment with him at point. Could play minutes at 1-3

Fournier - Proven scorer, plays 28-30 minutes at two guard or small forward
Nesmith - should justify 18-20 minutes as a rotation guard or small forward
Brown - can slot as the small forward starter, but will likely need guard minutes if we bring in a power forward or wing who plays

Keeping Fournier is not about just Fournier. As we sit, we barely have enough playing time for everyone we have now to develop or utilize properly. If we bring in anyone who plays other than a center, Jaylen's minutes begin to push into the equation too.

We have holes in this roster. Stevens probably shouldn't try to fix everything immediately unless he is provided with a very lucky break here, but he should try to make one significant move at point or power forward.

My take is that the smart way to do this is to buy a pick in the 7-11 range, and take Wagner or Mitchell. This can reduce salary, increases futre options and brings in a young player that grows with our young core.

Anyone we bring in will result in a minutes conflict that must be resolved, whether from a trade, the draft or a salary slot. That's just the math. I think we need to move one or two guys out to balance this roster.
and we won't bring in a center because we already have 5 or 6 on the roster.

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2021, 02:17:23 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Lol
You are from NH and your nuts

Fournier is a bust

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2021, 07:24:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Lol
You are from NH and your nuts

Fournier is a bust
With the way you keep throwing that word around I’m convinced you don’t actually know what it means
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)