Author Topic: Any interest in Rozier?  (Read 2041 times)

Any interest in Rozier?
« on: July 27, 2021, 11:40:04 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 393
With Horford back… would you want to trade for Scary Terry? Assuming we can keep our core (we’ll ship away TT + filler), we’ll be able to field a lineup of Rozier-Smart-Brown-Tatum-Horford.

I’m not the biggest fan of Rozier’s game but the hospital Celtics made it to game 7 in the ECF. Maybe they break that barrier now that they’re a few years older and more experienced?
- LilRip

Re: Any interest in Rozier?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 11:54:02 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
The "filler" would need to be in the $5M range so that probably would mean one of Langford, RWilliams, or Nesmith along with Carson Edwards or something like that.

I am not so interested actually and not sure why Charlotte would want to trade him for our dead weight contracts, even if one promising young player is included (say Langford).  Just don't see it helping either team.

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 11:57:23 AM »

Offline rogueandpoet

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
I don't see Rozier as an upgrade. His fit in the league is as a good starting player on a bad team. He likes his touches but on the "C"s those touches need to go to Brown and Tatum. Both Smart and Pritchard will do  that. I believe we will see Romeo Langford begin to work the point. If he stays healthy his skills are superior to Rozier. Taller, longer, equal handle, better at the rim and at least as good a passer.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 12:02:43 PM »

Online Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
I’m not the biggest fan of Rozier’s game but the hospital Celtics made it to game 7 in the ECF. Maybe they break that barrier now that they’re a few years older and more experienced?

I think we all should agree that the 2018 playoffs were fool's gold. The C's were basically an unscouted new team that surprised a few inexperienced/poorly coaches teams and then fell to a better team that didn't take them seriously. It was fun, but I can't believe that people still think that team was going anywhere as it was constituted. (And I get the arguments for trading Kyrie in order to get something back.)

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 12:06:31 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
The short answer is yes, in a vacuum I'd like Terry back and think letting him walk was a mistake, but he's been very good for Charlotte and don't think there's a deal that makes sense for both sides.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 12:14:21 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas

I think we all should agree that the 2018 playoffs were fool's gold. The C's were basically an unscouted new team that surprised a few inexperienced/poorly coaches teams and then fell to a better team that didn't take them seriously. It was fun, but I can't believe that people still think that team was going anywhere as it was constituted. (And I get the arguments for trading Kyrie in order to get something back.)

To be fair, that team now would be featuring 2 all stars and a 2x 1st team all defense player. Rozier ended up being the least heralded out of the 4 young core guys on that roster but it wouldn’t be a terrible team.

- LilRip

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 12:21:19 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
The short answer is yes, in a vacuum I'd like Terry back and think letting him walk was a mistake, but he's been very good for Charlotte and don't think there's a deal that makes sense for both sides.

I bring up Rozier because they have Ball as the clear leader of their team and they have pretty terrible 5’s (Biyombo and Zeller).

- LilRip

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2021, 01:12:42 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

I bring up Rozier because they have Ball as the clear leader of their team and they have pretty terrible 5’s (Biyombo and Zeller).

I mean, sure, but A) Rozier's a 6'1" shooting guard, so a guy who runs the offense from the wing is exactly what you want with him and B) unless Charlotte absolutely loves Rob there's not much Boston can offer that addresses the center position.

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 01:16:24 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Having Ball means you are ideally suited to having a shooter/scorer that can cover points as your other guard. They have two guys like that but Rozier is the better of the two. Its a nice fit for Charlotte, so I doubt they would want to change that, but they've made lots of mistakes over the years.

Rozier is a very good two way guard. He is head and shoulders better than Marcus Smart. It isn't close.

Marcus is a better defender, but only in ways we don't really need any more. We've got 3 other excellent defenders that can cover two's and three's. Rozier would actually be a better defender for the C's because he's able to stay in front of better point guards.

The difference in offense is huge. Marcus is a little better in passing in the half court, but Rozier is better at everything else.

Losing Rozier was one of Ainge's biggest fails.

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 09:42:41 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Rozier wouldn't be a bad piece off the bench. His value is bursts scoring. The problem is when he isn't hitting his shot he continues to force the square peg in the round hole, this sometimes to the detriment of the team.

He's not a PG...he's not a facilitator.  As a starter, playing long minutes... I'll pass.

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2021, 10:14:33 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
Not really interested in bringing him back. Rozaier takes a lot of bad shots and his career FG% is barely above 40%. I don’t trust his decision making, either.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2021, 12:21:30 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
I'd rather have Brad Wanamaker back for the money.

I wish Ainge kept him than Carson Edwards and Javonte Green.

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2021, 12:55:38 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

That team feasted on the weak East, too.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)