Author Topic: The Amazing Spiderman (trailer)  (Read 10171 times)

Re: The Amazing Spiderman (trailer)
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't follow the comics enough, but I think some Spiderman fans were pretty down on Tobey... Apparently Spiderman in the comics is a wisecracking punk and that was a bit lost by Tobey's portrayal.

I recall some quips here and there.  Your never going to please everyone.  I have read comics since 74 and I liked him.   That is more a function of the screen writers.  If that is the case then why this talk of Parker's father.   The Spiderman, and I have reprints of the originals didn't have a father per se but Uncle Ben.

When will they wise up and use Morbius as the villian?

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 06:18:34 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Looks pretty awesome but doesn't look as good as the Avengers.

Here is the Extended trailer for the avengers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGt-saFvkNk

"I have an Army, we have a Hulk."

Is it me or did the Hulk make that trailer, lol. The Hulk makes everything better. I'd definitely watch 120 minutes of Michael Bay directed Hulk carnage.

I DEMAND MORE HULK MOVIES!!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 09:26:24 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
if the other movies hadnt been out, i would be excited to see this.  i dont like the notion of pretending the previous three dont count as part of the story
what about Batman?  Superman?  etc.  The really popular superhero movies are always rebooted.  For me it just seems a bit too recent to be rebooting the series, but they did go with Gwen Stacy and the Lizard who weren't really in the first set of movies (Gwen was, but that was a terrible storyline and shouldn't have been in there at all).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 09:41:51 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Looks pretty awesome but doesn't look as good as the Avengers.

Here is the Extended trailer for the avengers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGt-saFvkNk

"I have an Army, we have a Hulk."

Is it me or did the Hulk make that trailer, lol. The Hulk makes everything better. I'd definitely watch 120 minutes of Michael Bay directed Hulk carnage.

I DEMAND MORE HULK MOVIES!!!!!!!

Meh.  The Hulk looks like he's made out of green ballistics gel.

None of the Hulk movies have been very good, in my opinion.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2012, 01:09:27 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
if the other movies hadnt been out, i would be excited to see this.  i dont like the notion of pretending the previous three dont count as part of the story
what about Batman?  Superman?  etc.  The really popular superhero movies are always rebooted.  For me it just seems a bit too recent to be rebooting the series, but they did go with Gwen Stacy and the Lizard who weren't really in the first set of movies (Gwen was, but that was a terrible storyline and shouldn't have been in there at all).

it worked for batman, but there was a long time between rebooting, not to mention they went from a cheesy style to a darker/more intense take.

superman sucked.

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 01:38:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

it worked for batman, but there was a long time between rebooting, not to mention they went from a cheesy style to a darker/more intense take.

superman sucked.

Batman had 8 years between the movies (and frankly it wasn't for a lack of trying, they attempted to make a ton of movies that reached different levels of going).  Spiderman has just 5 years, but from what I can tell this one is going to be darker and a bit more in line with the actual comic books than the previous version (there was going to be a Spiderman 4, but that fell through after getting pretty far along as movies go).

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 04:22:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 04:44:37 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

I don't get it. Isn't it a bit early for a reboot?
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 05:03:55 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I just saw three Spiderman's in the last ten years, why would I want to see the same story start over again?

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 05:46:49 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like Tobey and will be voting against this with my wallet.

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 06:23:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I kinda feel awkward about watching a reboot of a reboot. That's what this is right?

And don't even say Batman Begins was also a reboot of a reboot. Totally totally different.

In the mean time I'm actually just not a big fan of Spiderman and never really have been. I'm just not. He's ok, but doesn't do it for me.

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 06:46:05 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I just saw three Spiderman's in the last ten years, why would I want to see the same story start over again?

This is spot on.  How can you not at least let a decade pass before trying something like this, and even that would be too soon IMO.

I think a lot of the time, the main reason for a reboot is to make a modern version of the movie, with mind blowing special effects that weren't available to use when the previous ones were made.

You're setting yourself up for failure, when the bar is already so high from the previous spiderman movies and you dont have the WOW of cutting edge special effects to help take the audiences mind away the fact that your lead actor is not as good as the previous

Greg

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 10:00:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

This is spot on.  How can you not at least let a decade pass before trying something like this, and even that would be too soon IMO.

I think a lot of the time, the main reason for a reboot is to make a modern version of the movie, with mind blowing special effects that weren't available to use when the previous ones were made.

You're setting yourself up for failure, when the bar is already so high from the previous spiderman movies and you dont have the WOW of cutting edge special effects to help take the audiences mind away the fact that your lead actor is not as good as the previous

The Incredible Hulk - 5 years after Hulk
X-Men First Class - 5 years after X-Men 3
Batman Begins - 8 years after Batman & Robin

Heck they killed Deadpool in X-Men Origins Wolverine (2009) and have a Deadpool moving coming out in 2014. 

This Spiderman focuses on the Gwen Stacy relationship and not the Mary Jane Watson relationship, which means it isn't exactly a reboot and still follows the comics.

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 10:45:56 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
they detroyed the suit .. absolutley destroyed it..i cant get over it & ive seen the suit for about a year now also dissapointed becuase Spider-Man 4 was going to have t favoirte character of the series Carnage after they made Venom look like a jealous pansy ..all in all i'll watch it BUT ai hope they bring back the original suit in the sequal