Author Topic: Should we be concerned about Kemba’s knee?  (Read 4772 times)

Re: Should we be concerned about Kemba’s knee?
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2020, 01:14:55 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
brad just announced post-game that kemba won’t play in the second night of the b2b wednesday vs. the nets. missed scrimmages, restricted minutes, now a dnp on a b2b, after months of no basketball? something is clearly amiss.

I mean the no play on 2nd night of a back to back is like the most obvious move imaginable. Especially against the depleted Nets. Reading into that is pointless.

reread my post. it’s the accumulation of events that is concerning. after months of rest, rehab, etc, he’s being handled with kid-gloves. he played 26 minutes tonight, 22 against portland on sunday, and just 19 on friday. it’s not like he’s been over-utilized.

The accumulation of events shows a guy who came back from 4 months off, experienced some discomfort and has since been ramping up minutes while wisely avoiding a back to back. He's looked very good in the minutes he played and the plan is to keep ramping up minutes so he's back to no restrictions by the playoffs.

I was worried a couple weeks ago when reports of the discomfort first surfaced, but seeing how he's played I don't see any reason to panic or even worry all that much right now.

Re: Should we be concerned about Kemba’s knee?
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2020, 05:59:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
brad just announced post-game that kemba won’t play in the second night of the b2b wednesday vs. the nets. missed scrimmages, restricted minutes, now a dnp on a b2b, after months of no basketball? something is clearly amiss.

I mean the no play on 2nd night of a back to back is like the most obvious move imaginable. Especially against the depleted Nets. Reading into that is pointless.

reread my post. it’s the accumulation of events that is concerning. after months of rest, rehab, etc, he’s being handled with kid-gloves. he played 26 minutes tonight, 22 against portland on sunday, and just 19 on friday. it’s not like he’s been over-utilized.

The accumulation of events shows a guy who came back from 4 months off, experienced some discomfort and has since been ramping up minutes while wisely avoiding a back to back. He's looked very good in the minutes he played and the plan is to keep ramping up minutes so he's back to no restrictions by the playoffs.

I was worried a couple weeks ago when reports of the discomfort first surfaced, but seeing how he's played I don't see any reason to panic or even worry all that much right now.
Yeah, in his limited minutes Kemba has actually looked really good. Active, quick, and some insane efficiency splits of 58/60/80. Obviously unsustainable, but he looks better than he did at the end of the season
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)