Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Around the NBA / Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Last post by blink on Yesterday at 10:08:46 PM »
do most of us want Philly to win this game?  I guess just to extend the series?   If the Knicks could eliminate the 76ers in 5 I am ok with that.  I think Philly is a tougher out for us than NYKs.
Transaction Ideas and Rumors / Re: Shams: Porzingis to Boston?
« Last post by Big333223 on Yesterday at 10:04:30 PM »
Great Game 1, couldn't have been worse in Game 2. We'll see how he looks in Game 3.
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 10:01:53 PM »
Tobias Harris has been their least valuable forward in this series. He has been outplayed by both Nic Batum and Kelly Oubre.

Not on the floor down the stretch.
Celtics Talk / Re: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread
« Last post by Big333223 on Yesterday at 10:01:15 PM »
I would be very worried about what this team would do if it were to go down 2-1 to the Heat. I don't expect it to happen but if they mess around in Game 3 and find themselves in a hole, there's going to be a lot of noise and I don't feel confident they'll respond.

Given how physical the Heat have been, I wonder if it would be good to find some minutes for Tillman. He might be just what the Celtics need.

When it comes to Game 2... It was either Scal or House who said the Celtics need to stop match-up hunting. Everyone on the C's already has a mismatch. They just need to send someone (anyone) driving hard to the rim as early in the shot clock and possible to collapse the defense then pass out to get the Heat in rotation and that'll lead to an open shot.

Too much dribbling, too many picks that do nothing, not enough attacking.
Game Threads / Re: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24
« Last post by Phantom255x on Yesterday at 10:00:14 PM »
This is the same movie we've seen for years with the Tatum/Brown lead teams:

1. Lose game 7 of the ECFs to Cleveland in Tatum's rookie year, going 3-38 or something incredibly stupid from three point land.

2. Up 2-1 against the Warriors with Game 4 at home. Up by 7 with under five minutes to go - choke it away. In that game, Draymond Green also followed Tatum all the way along the baseline to "our" bench talking at/harassing him - someone on our team should have had a nose to nose conversation with Draymond on that play that caused the refs to separate it. But no, we just take it - like the kid on the playground who won't fight back.

Denver comes in this year when we're undefeated at home and know we very well make the finals and they will probably be there, and - we let them stick it to us. Same with the Clippers this year - stick it to us at home.

3. This same Miami team just knocked us out of the ECFs (took our finals candy) less than a year ago. We knew this game was coming. We knew they would be physical. We knew they would hit shots. We knew they they know we're not tough and if they can get into us, we're done, we will wither away and say "they made shots". There's not an ounce of PJ Tucker on this team - and your stars have to have that PJ Tucker gene in them to get you across the finish line. Tatum and brown do not have that and that is the problem. Smart had it - but it has to come from your star or star players.

Whether Caleb Martin's foul was completely unintentional Tatum should have been the one to have a nose to nose conversation with Martin. Jaylen pretended to be tough on that play but he didn't really want any part of Martin either.

For God sake Tyler Hero punked Porzingis bringing the ball up and was laughing about it. He was laughing at the ref's call - he was laughing because he knew what he was doing. What was he doing - he was getting into Porzingis' head.

The appropriate pay there would have been for Porzingis to have fallen on top of Hero with his elbow in Hero's ear. But we're too nice for that.

Bam Adebayo is shoving everyone around - he's very good at the push and shove stuff, not necessarily dirty just crafty like Al or KG. I wondered if we had anyone on the bench who was tall, really strong and a great interior defender - someone who I could tell as a coach to go in and just get in a figurative fist fight with Adebayo so Porzingis could go off on other players. Wait, didn't we sign Xavier Tillman, a long, tough interior defender. Not a minute played. Perfect.

Bottom line is that this team is never wining anything until Tatum and Brown put their big boy pants on, grow a set of cahones and go "take" a championship. If they don't expect another disappointment and possibly in this first round.

I don't trust Tatum and Brown one bit to win anything meaningful. They're cute during the regular season but when the men come out to play in the playoffs they generally wilt and look like they just walked waste deep into the Boston harbor in December  - they're not swinging any church bells out there that is for sure. They're basically Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. and everyone knows it.

Lastly:

How long do Tatum and brown need to see the same movie until they understand it - we loaf around jacking threes up hoping we make them - they need to attack the rim relentlessly. We've been watching this team do the "exact" same thing, same script for six years.

How long does it take until Tatum gets mad?

How long does it take for Brown to really play with a physcial relentlessness - and really become a tough player, physically and mentally?

How long do we just keep jacking up threes?

The frustrating part is that they may come out and win game 3 and be all rah, rah. And then, they'll ****' mail it in again in game 4 and lose. They have a unique ability to turn what should be 4-0 / 4/1 at worst blowout series into knock down drag out seven game dog fights for no other reason than that they are massive Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. who simply don't have the phsyical aggression required to stick it to other teams and step on them.

How many times are they going to get big leads and take their foot off the pedal - another movie they love. How long does it take to learn. They're either very stupid, or incredibly lasy mentally. No force of will, no spine.

There is not a single guy on this team walking around with a dagger in their hand - that's a massive problem in the playoffs.

These guys can win some meaningless games in the regular season - but until they win a ring and learn how to do it they haven't proven anything and they haven't won anything either - they might as well be the Detroit Pistons because the Pistons and the Celtics have the same number of titles since Tatum and brown came into the league. And these Tatum/Brown teams we've seen should have "at least" one ring already, if not two - but they're Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again., so they don't. It's not their talent, it's their lack of mental and physical toughness.

I know we like to talk about Joe Mazulla too. Yes, but.. for all of us have played ball (I played point) I'm not looking over my shoulder for anyone to save me, including the coach. The focus is the players on the court in front of you that need to go down.

That drive has to come from within yourself, no one can teach you that or give you that. Tatum and Brown far too often are happy to stand around in the corner or the high arc of the three line in the biggest moments. Some say well it's what the coach called. Great players demand the ball and want  - they don't act scared of it like Tatum and Brown do. Every meaningful play goes through the Joker and Murray on the Nuggets - same for the other top teams - but not the Celtics - Tatum and brown waste their own time every year with this annual BS.

Ok, I'm ready for game three now.         

This deserves 100 TPs
Game Threads / Re: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24
« Last post by Mahk E Mahk on Yesterday at 09:58:23 PM »
This is the same movie we've seen for years with the Tatum/Brown lead teams:

1. Lose game 7 of the ECFs to Cleveland in Tatum's rookie year, going 3-38 or something incredibly stupid from three point land.

2. Up 2-1 against the Warriors with Game 4 at home. Up by 7 with under five minutes to go - choke it away. In that game, Draymond Green also followed Tatum all the way along the baseline to "our" bench talking at/harassing him - someone on our team should have had a nose to nose conversation with Draymond on that play that caused the refs to separate it. But no, we just take it - like the kid on the playground who won't fight back.

***Truncated***

every bit of this is spot on, scooby. it so perfectly encapsulates what so many of us think, as we’ve been seeing the same things for years.

this sentiment particularly resonated with me: “Bottom line is that this team is never wining anything until Tatum and Brown put their big boy pants on, grow a set of cahones and go "take" a championship.”

the J’s just don’t seem to be guys who possess the temperament to TAKE anything because of their strong entitlement mentalities.

again, great post, scooby. thanks for taking the time to write what so many of us think. TP
Patriots / Football / Re: 2024 NFL Draft
« Last post by Roy H. on Yesterday at 09:57:22 PM »
Latu is one of my favorite players in the draft.
« Last post by Phantom255x on Yesterday at 09:57:07 PM »
Embiid put the team on his back tonight
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 09:52:30 PM »
Embiid ending this contest.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]