Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
On his last podcast Zach Lowe said he'd have Joe #3 on his COY ballot (if he had a ballot this year) and called him one of the smartest defensive tacticians in the NBA (or something to that effect).
Around the NBA / Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 08:57:58 PM »
Young would be an awesome fit with the Spurs and Wemby

I don't know. I really liked it when I first heard the rumour. I liked the idea of two man game. Big man & little man. Center & point guard. Ball-handler and finisher.

But ...

Trae Young is so ball dominant that he will force Wemby to play off-ball too often. And to play in a way that responds to Trae strengths instead of letting the offense revolve around Wemby's main strengths.

I'd prefer to see Wemby play with a less ball dominant player and be the center piece that the rest of the offense revolves around.

As for Trae, I'd love to see him on a team like the 2001 76ers where AI was allowed to monopolize the ball the offense and was surrounded by big physical athletic defensive players & finishers. Preferably better finishers / shooters than that 2001 76ers team. But that sort of mould. A team that allows Trae to be the uber-dominant heliocentric figure he is suited to being. That makes the most of his offensive talent to combat his defensive limitations. And surrounds him with players who can help overcome or reduce his defensive limitations.
Celtics Talk / Re: NBA First Team: Tatum or Edwards?
« Last post by Big333223 on Yesterday at 08:55:44 PM »
JT currently behind Brunson for first team all nba.  So very real chance he won’t make it.  What’s a little crazy is that jt not on first, second, or third on two ballots.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KMzwRcilLDej0BWl7eYE_OYC9Tx9olI_Ptn-nHjKfpQ/htmlview#

That wouldn't be crazy, that would be downright corrupt.

But, it looks like the only two ballots that JT was left off of didn't name their second and third teams publicly.

Yeah, was coming here to say this. He’ll no doubt be on second team for those, so he’s slightly ahead in total points 42 to 40.

I am surprised it’s that close, though. A lot of recency bias going into that, as well as a lack of context. And for all the talk of the “Boston media machine”, the Brunson narrative is a product of the much larger “New York media machine”. Even saw one NY guy (Yaya) try to argue for Rose over Stevens for EOTY.
Yep. Brunson is benefiting from having a bunch of big games that were huge for his team down the stretch while Tatum barely played the last couple of weeks. Credit to Brunson for balling out when he needed to but Tatum doesn't have any recent highlights because he helped his team to such a good record he earned himself a rest. That should count for something.
Around the NBA / Re: Jontay Porter has received a lifetime ban from the NBA
« Last post by Big333223 on Yesterday at 08:42:56 PM »
This reeks of sacrificial lamb to send a message. Total hunch

I don't know about sacrificial lamb, since lambs are innocent, right?  But, I do think the league is happy that the first time this happened it was a two-way player.  They get to set a precedent that nobody will object to.  Now, if it happens with a rotation player, or even a star, they can point to that precedent.
Precedent or no, I'd be curious to see the league react to an all star that gets caught doing this. Would they actually stick to it?
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 08:08:45 PM »
Idk if it's wise to say this and give NYK even more motivation...

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1780983951307235781?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Paul Reed says he wanted to play the Knicks instead of the Celtics

“We wanted the Knicks matchup, that's the easier team.” 👀

(Via
@RunItBackFDTV)

If PHI doesn't play better than they did vs. MIA, they aren't going anywhere in any case.  I don't know what happened to PHI.  They were playing very well.  Won their last 8 games.  I expected Embiid to wear down and fade at some point in the playoffs, but not in the play-in round.  NYK is the one that may end up happy with this match up.
The Sixers should be able to beat NYK.  It is a 7-game series not a 1 game play in.
 Who does NYK have besides Brunson?  If the Sixers hadn't shot so poorly and turned the ball over so much in the 1st half they would have won the game going away. 

Embiid did end up playing 38 minutes and played better in the 4th.  However he clearly isn't close to 100% and the injury scare in the Magic game set him back.  Other than maybe for the 1st 2 season he missed due to injury I don't recall him talking much about the difficulty physically and mentally recovering from an injury.  He needs to get through a few more games without another injury scare and maybe the mentality part gets sorted out.   

I am leaning towards NY.

Brunson will be a massive mismatch for them. Maxey is too small to check him. Hield and Lowry too slow. Melton is the only guy I like covering him. Then you have Embiid who couldn't show at all on the perimeter the other night. Brunson is going to have huge opportunities attacking Embiid in the PnR. I think Brunson will feast in that series.

Maxey needs to step up. He was poor the other night. He needs to take on more offensive responsibility with Embiid struggling. For Philly to win, he has to be great.
« Last post by tazzmaniac on Yesterday at 07:48:55 PM »
Idk if it's wise to say this and give NYK even more motivation...

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1780983951307235781?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Paul Reed says he wanted to play the Knicks instead of the Celtics

“We wanted the Knicks matchup, that's the easier team.” 👀

(Via
@RunItBackFDTV)

If PHI doesn't play better than they did vs. MIA, they aren't going anywhere in any case.  I don't know what happened to PHI.  They were playing very well.  Won their last 8 games.  I expected Embiid to wear down and fade at some point in the playoffs, but not in the play-in round.  NYK is the one that may end up happy with this match up.
The Sixers should be able to beat NYK.  It is a 7-game series not a 1 game play in.
 Who does NYK have besides Brunson?  If the Sixers hadn't shot so poorly and turned the ball over so much in the 1st half they would have won the game going away. 

Embiid did end up playing 38 minutes and played better in the 4th.  However he clearly isn't close to 100% and the injury scare in the Magic game set him back.  Other than maybe for the 1st 2 season he missed due to injury I don't recall him talking much about the difficulty physically and mentally recovering from an injury.  He needs to get through a few more games without another injury scare and maybe the mentality part gets sorted out.   
« Last post by hpantazo on Yesterday at 07:19:31 PM »
Lakers media and fan hype is already on overload talking about how great Lebron will be after he leads them to a series win over Denver. There is no way they stand a chance of beating Denver unless Jokic gets injured.
The Draft / Re: 2024 Draft
« Last post by mobilija on Yesterday at 07:13:19 PM »
That Clingan guy reminded me of Eric Montross. The way he moved. His limited mobility & quickness. Zubac is probably the closest comparison to him in terms of a succcessful present day NBA player.

I was shocked to see some on ESPN questioning whether he could be the #1 pick.

He’s quick in small distances but lacks lateral and longer distance burst.
« Last post by scaryjerry on Yesterday at 07:01:17 PM »
Not only did Jayson Tatum fall out of the MVP race but I think its highly likely he falls out of the first team all nba race, I think he’s becoming one of the more hated and disrespected players in the game and while I’m a big fan of his unfortunately some it’s warranted. He’s a really good player, nothing more….hopefully he proves me wrong this postseason because imo that’s what’s holding us from a championship

He's a top-five player, particularly when you factor in defense.

He flirts with top 5 for sure idk I think he’s more top 10

Really good player
« Last post by Phantom255x on Yesterday at 06:51:08 PM »
Not only did Jayson Tatum fall out of the MVP race but I think its highly likely he falls out of the first team all nba race, I think he’s becoming one of the more hated and disrespected players in the game and while I’m a big fan of his unfortunately some it’s warranted. He’s a really good player, nothing more….hopefully he proves me wrong this postseason because imo that’s what’s holding us from a championship

I don't think he's "hated" but I think Draymond is right, his Finals performance in 2022 is something people will hold against him until he finally gets over the hump. Tatum's already accomplished a lot but he still needs that ring to really put it all together. And while it's definitely not all his fault, there have been other years in recent times where he could have done more to propel the team deep in the playoffs and he didn't. I'd argue same last year, yes he got hurt early in Game 7 unfortunately but why were some of these series going 6-7 games, and why did we fall behind 3-0 to Miami?

I've said this before though, I think Brunson might deserve 1st team all-NBA this season. He's absolutely carried that Knicks team despite all their injuries to the 2 seed and he's put up excellent numbers too. It's not "empty stats" or "stat padding", no they've needed it and he's come through often
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10