Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Around the NBA / Re: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs
« Last post by Who on Today at 12:00:36 AM »
Beal with a turnover to end Q1.
Beal with a turnover to end Q2.
Game Threads / Re: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24
« Last post by tenn_smoothie on Yesterday at 11:51:54 PM »
What bothers me as much as anything is the lack of push-back when there is a confrontation on the court.

Scooby mentioned a couple,
Draymond Green during finals taunting Tatum with no response.
Draymond Green during finals walking into the middle of our huddle during a timeout.
"Oh well, that's just Dray, he always like that, he cool." Of course, Cedric Maxwell was the only Celtic to come back on Green.
Maybe the worst Celtic villain since John Y. Brown, Kyrie Irving, walks around the Boston Garden blowing incense to "purify" the place.
Then after the game and a win over the Celts, Irving makes a special trip back out to the center circle to step on our hallowed logo, designed by Red's brother, no less to show his disdain for the franchise he damaged.
Caleb Martin makes what should have been called a flagrant, dirty foul knocking Tatum down hard and somehow Jayson thinks acting cool about it is the best way to handle it. "They'll know better next time, I'll really be non-chalant then. I might even just run back on defense to show how little I care".
All three of these opponents should have been knocked on their ass at some point by a Celtics player.

Can you imagine .......... how Garnett, Posey, Bird, Max, DJ, Cowens, Silas, Russell, Satch, Heinhson would have responded ?
Game Threads / Re: Celtics (1-1) at Heat (1-1) Round 1 Game #3 4/27/24
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 11:49:23 PM »
This is must-win game for the Celtics.

I wouldn't characterize this as a "must-win" game for the C's.  The C's can definitely win even if they somehow fall down 2-1 in the series.  I'd characterize losing two games in a row against a depleted and inferior Miami team as unacceptable, however.

I'm wondering what adjustments Joe will make for game 3.  Game 2 was atrocious.

Agreed. Not a "must win".

It would be laughably sad if they lost though.
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 11:43:06 PM »
Bol Bol is in the rotation today with Grayson Allen out injured. They are going with a double big lineup with Bol Bol next to Nurkic. This might be the slowest least mobile big man duo in the league. Wolves are playing Naz Reid next to Gobert.
Patriots / Football / Re: 2024 NFL Draft
« Last post by Goldstar88 on Yesterday at 11:32:33 PM »
Polk at 37?!? Why… ugh

Who did you want them to take at that spot for a WR? I’m not familiar with Polk, so I don’t have an opinion on him.

I think he was projected towards the end of round 2 or a 3rd rounder. The should have picked Adanai Mitchell, an OT, or even one of the CB's that slipped out of the first round.

Mitchell does look like a nice prospect. Definitely would have stretched the field for the Pats. 6’2” with a 40” vertical. Ran the 40 in 4.34 secs… Think it’s safe to say that Thornton is a bust for them.
Game Threads / Re: Celtics (1-1) at Heat (1-1) Round 1 Game #3 4/27/24
« Last post by SCeltic34 on Yesterday at 11:31:10 PM »
This is must-win game for the Celtics.

I wouldn't characterize this as a "must-win" game for the C's.  The C's can definitely win even if they somehow fall down 2-1 in the series.  I'd characterize losing two games in a row against a depleted and inferior Miami team as unacceptable, however.

I'm wondering what adjustments Joe will make for game 3.  Game 2 was atrocious.
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 11:24:58 PM »
Eric Gordon saving the Suns again. We'll see if his coach benches him for playing too well like he did in Gm 2.
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 11:19:49 PM »
D Booker looks weird on this team. Like there is no structure to the offense and he doesn't know where he fits in. He is just wandering around the court. Dribbling around the court. Wondering what he should be doing. No direction. No structure. Lost.

Such a talented player. I think he is taking a beating (criticism) that is more down to the problems of the team / group than it is because of him. This group has not worked together.
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 11:15:14 PM »
I see some calls for Kawhi to retire. Broken down physically. Can't get through a season. About to turn 33 years old. Maybe he is close to retirement.

Then I look at his contract. He is on the books for another 3 years at $50mil a year. So I guess he is playing 3 more years!
« Last post by Who on Yesterday at 11:08:34 PM »
Great defense by Beal until the last moment when he bailed out Ant with a soft reach in foul.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10