Author Topic: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread  (Read 20475 times)

mobilija, Ed Hollison, Phantom255x and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Celtics 2024 Playoff Run Thread
« Reply #210 on: Yesterday at 11:58:03 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Bucks & Sixers are gone.

Keep the first couple weeks of June wide open.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #211 on: Today at 11:54:16 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3010
  • On To Banner 18!
Nice to see the Sixers, Bucks, Heat, Lakers and Warriors all eliminated by early May  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #212 on: Today at 01:21:29 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
Pretty amazing having both PHI and MIL knocked out.  Just shows what injuries can do to a title contender.  Embiid was significantly diminished.  Every time he went to the hoop last night, he fell down.  His legs are shot.  And of course MIL was worse of without Giannis and Lillard than even MIA without Butler.

We now have our own issue with losing Porzingis.  He is not Butler or Giannis or Embiid, but he is an important player.  Definitely going to make it harder in the next round or two.  As to ORL vs. CLE as a match up, I see Mitchell as the most dangerous individual player on either team.  ORL has a lot of players I don't know all that well.  They have done surprisingly well all season.  I am more concerned with CLE as a match up but that may have to do with knowing their players better.

« Reply #213 on: Today at 01:29:48 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2416
Pretty amazing having both PHI and MIL knocked out.  Just shows what injuries can do to a title contender.  Embiid was significantly diminished.  Every time he went to the hoop last night, he fell down.  His legs are shot.  And of course MIL was worse of without Giannis and Lillard than even MIA without Butler.

We now have our own issue with losing Porzingis.  He is not Butler or Giannis or Embiid, but he is an important player. Definitely going to make it harder in the next round or two.  As to ORL vs. CLE as a match up, I see Mitchell as the most dangerous individual player on either team.  ORL has a lot of players I don't know all that well.  They have done surprisingly well all season.  I am more concerned with CLE as a match up but that may have to do with knowing their players better.

Similar to the Bucks missing Khris Middleton two years ago.

« Reply #214 on: Today at 02:52:41 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

We now have our own issue with losing Porzingis.  He is not Butler or Giannis or Embiid, but he is an important player.  Definitely going to make it harder in the next round or two.  As to ORL vs. CLE as a match up, I see Mitchell as the most dangerous individual player on either team.  ORL has a lot of players I don't know all that well.  They have done surprisingly well all season.  I am more concerned with CLE as a match up but that may have to do with knowing their players better.

I'm getting 2009 Celtics/Magic vibes. Missing KG that series doomed us. I hope missing KP won't cut our season short against a team like Orlando.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #215 on: Today at 04:21:16 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873

We now have our own issue with losing Porzingis.  He is not Butler or Giannis or Embiid, but he is an important player. Definitely going to make it harder in the next round or two.  As to ORL vs. CLE as a match up, I see Mitchell as the most dangerous individual player on either team.  ORL has a lot of players I don't know all that well.  They have done surprisingly well all season.  I am more concerned with CLE as a match up but that may have to do with knowing their players better.

Sure, that is a fair comparison.  Important player but not the best player.  Enough to make a difference if the two teams are otherwise close.

Basically, what happens is we have to take out Porzingis and put in Kornet.  Not knocking Kornet, he is who he is, but it is a big downgrade from Porzingis.

« Reply #216 on: Today at 04:37:09 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Sure, that is a fair comparison.  Important player but not the best player.  Enough to make a difference if the two teams are otherwise close.

Basically, what happens is we have to take out Porzingis and put in Kornet.  Not knocking Kornet, he is who he is, but it is a big downgrade from Porzingis.

Also forces Horford to play heavier minutes which at his age is not ideal.

« Reply #217 on: Today at 04:38:51 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

Embiid seems to fall all the time on offense to try and get a call. I don't think him falling last night had much to do with an injury.

« Reply #218 on: Today at 09:43:43 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
This is IF Boston wins Game 5, but if they go 6 or 7 it's probably the latter anyways:

Magic win! Now we ONLY have to stress about the Bruins this weekend. More rest for the C's and our hearts. Root hard for Orlando on Sunday  :)

« Reply #219 on: Today at 09:54:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2973
I like it when a plan comes together

« Reply #220 on: Today at 09:55:27 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 674
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This is IF Boston wins Game 5, but if they go 6 or 7 it's probably the latter anyways:

Magic win! Now we ONLY have to stress about the Bruins this weekend. More rest for the C's and our hearts. Root hard for Orlando on Sunday  :)

Absolutely hate the bruins. But I cannot stand Toronto fans. With Tampa Bay out I will begrudgingly cheer for the Bruins because of pat maroon

« Reply #221 on: Today at 10:16:41 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Sunday 1 PM: