Author Topic: Nuggets (46-22) at Celtics (43-27) Game #71 3/18/19  (Read 24587 times)

Re: Nuggets (46-22) at Celtics (43-27) Game #71 3/18/19
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2019, 09:55:32 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Im truly ready to embrace AD.

No way Tatum is going to be a superstar. At the same age KD was tearing it up with his scoring.

What Kyrie need is a true superstar next to him and that is definitely not Tatum.

Everyone else are just good ball players.
I’m on board

This ^
There are a lot of holes in Tatum's game. I know he's young, but his body English is empty. (And please don't bring up last years playoffs again)

« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2019, 09:58:12 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
This team loves shooting threes but as far as Im concerned, only Kyrie can shoot the three really...once our team bricks threes, they are doomed and will not even bother driving to the basket.

its just really frustrating how Danny could not draft players that can shoot...Hield was available in the draft and he opted for an athlete who can't even make 65% of his FTs. He is always obsessed with jack of all trade type players that can do most stuff but are technically average to below ave. shooters.

« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2019, 09:58:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Its too much all Kyrie

Nobody else gets a chance to score it seems like

Look at the Nuggets basketball

And their defense plays with energy because of it
LOL.

My god. I was at least waiting for the game to have finished before this nonsense takes came to play

It’s not Kyrie. JB and JT are 4-17 and we have made it too easy for Denver eg their most recent possession

The Kyrie apologists just don't get it.

Part of the reason the other players do not shoot well is because they are so out-of-rhythm because the ball is not moving, they spend too much time standing around watching Irving dribble the shot clock away. That is Irving's style and it clashes with the coach's style and with the other players. Also, as triboy mentioned, this also leads to an overall lack of activity by the team as a whole. They are not as involved and it carries over to the defense.

People point out gaudy stats for Irving and say, "See, not his fault, he is playing great".  This misses the point. When Irving is dominant, the rest of the team is less involved - yes, even when he has big assist numbers, it often just means he dominated the ball, made a penetration and then ONE pass that led to a basket. That's fine once in awhile, but over the course of the entire game, it puts Tatum, Brown, etc. to sleep - on both ends.

And when Kyrie is not on the floor? Are they distracted by him from the bench?

« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2019, 10:00:16 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

No way Tatum is going to be a superstar. At the same age KD was tearing it up with his scoring.

What Kyrie need is a true superstar next to him and that is definitely not Tatum.

I’m on board

This ^
There are a lot of holes in Tatum's game. I know he's young, but his body English is empty. (And please don't bring up last years playoffs again)

I won’t go so far as to say there’s *no way* Tatum becomes a star, but I will say that if you doubt AD would be a huge upgrade for the Celtics, just watch this game.

« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2019, 10:01:16 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Half full.  The Celtic's are bored, they'll turn it on in the playoffs.  ::)

Half empty. There is definitely something wrong with this team.  8)

My take: Neither. This just isn't a great team. Good, but not great.

And no, they're not bored, they just don't have what it takes to beat a team like Denver.

Turnovers, sloppy offense (like 2 consecutive missed layups by Smart), guys settling for 3s and missing and no rebounding.

Denver has a complete team, we don't.

To me, Kyrie continues to be the only consistent player on this team. He needs another all-star playing alongside him.

« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2019, 10:02:07 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Tonight was the first game I can remember in a while where Marcus smart kind of lost his mind. A bunch of heatcheck one on one possessions and threes. Brad had to take them out at the end of the game. I wonder if Murray got in his head.

« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2019, 10:02:43 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Really really disappointing loss.

Could be worst loss of the season.

Back to work. Back to toggling the whole setup.

Guess the magic plane ride across country when Kyrie organized the team card games has worn off.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2019, 10:03:01 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Its too much all Kyrie

Not sure if you're aware, but Kyrie was leading the league in assists this month coming into tonight's game

« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2019, 10:04:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Really really disappointing loss.

Could be worst loss of the season.

Back to work. Back to toggling the whole setup.

Guess the magic plane ride across country when Kyrie organized the team card games has worn off.

Yeah, this one game losing streak really is depressing.... ::)

« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2019, 10:05:05 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I see that Jaylen only played 20 minutes again...how surprising that we got smacked.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2019, 10:05:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I agree about AD, but I don't think he's going to magically solve all the team's problems. It runs a little deeper than that.

« Reply #251 on: March 18, 2019, 10:05:35 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
C’s are still top 10 in offensive efficiency. I’m legit shocked by that because they look closer to a top 15 team on that side of the ball.

« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2019, 10:06:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I agree about AD, but I don't think he's going to magically solve all the team's problems. It runs a little deeper than that.

AD will instantly be our best player. That will give us a massive talent boost.

« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2019, 10:06:54 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Its too much all Kyrie

LOL.

My god. I was at least waiting for the game to have finished before this nonsense takes came to play

It’s not Kyrie. JB and JT are 4-17 and we have made it too easy for Denver eg their most recent possession

Part of the reason the other players do not shoot well is because they are so out-of-rhythm because the ball is not moving, they spend too much time standing around watching Irving dribble the shot clock away. That is Irving's style and it clashes with the coach's style and with the other players. Also, as triboy mentioned, this also leads to an overall lack of activity by the team as a whole. They are not as involved and it carries over to the defense.

People point out gaudy stats for Irving and say, "See, not his fault, he is playing great".  This misses the point. When Irving is dominant, the rest of the team is less involved - yes, even when he has big assist numbers, it often just means he dominated the ball, made a penetration and then ONE pass that led to a basket. That's fine once in awhile, but over the course of the entire game, it puts Tatum, Brown, etc. to sleep - on both ends.

The Kyrie haters just don't get it...

Kyrie is forced to do his thing because the team itself loves jacking p threes but could not shoot lick...we lose 25 point leads because Kyrie sits, opportunity for the likes of Tatum, Brown and Rozier to shine but wht do they do?, they selflessly shoot brick after brick which forces Brad's hand to bring in Kyrie.

In todays game Kyrie handed over a 7 point lead and what did the others do...yup allow Denver to Tie...and because Kyrie was resting till the 5 min mark of the final canto, Denver's lead ballooned to 10...Nothing Kyrie cant do anymore when he got back.

Stop with the Kyrie hate because Tatum, Brown and Rozier including Morris gave us nothing tonight...they all had their opportunities but muffed it pure and simple.

« Reply #254 on: March 18, 2019, 10:07:09 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Its too much all Kyrie

LOL.

And when Kyrie is not on the floor? Are they distracted by him from the bench?

Once again, a lack of understanding of how this works.......... It is the games when Irving is a DNP that the team usually wakes up and looks like a different group - ball moving, active on defense, playing together more. When Irving is playing the tone is set - they can't turn a switch on when the guy goes to the bench for a few minutes of rest. That's impossible.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce