Author Topic: Wall out 2 months  (Read 2300 times)

Wall out 2 months
« on: January 30, 2018, 10:48:34 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Re: Wall out 2 months
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 10:51:25 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, that pretty much marks the death kneel to my underachieving fantasy team this year.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 10:52:40 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Not good for Washington.  They don’t play well when he’s out, and aren’t playing that well overall.  If the Griffin trade turns around Detroit’s season, the Wizards could be the team to fall out of the playoffs.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 10:54:09 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Not good for Washington.  They don’t play well when he’s out, and aren’t playing that well overall.  If the Griffin trade turns around Detroit’s season, the Wizards could be the team to fall out of the playoffs.

Just hope they don't stick around & be the #8 seed.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 11:14:58 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

it's ok we have olynyk

Oh wait

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 11:35:23 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

They could, but it will be tough.  According to ESPN, their opponents for the rest of the season have the highest combined winning percentage of any remaining schedule.  Couple that with the fact that they're  about 6 points worse per 100 possessions with him off than on, and it's not hard to see them being a sub-.500 team the rest of the way, and maybe even finish below-.500 overall.

The question is can the Pistons step up to the 8th seed to save SVG's job?

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Dang - tough break for Wall. As others have noted that could drop Washington out of the playoffs, but more likely could make them a very dangerous 1st round opponent.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 12:59:33 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Draymond Green chimed in today that he thinks Jaylen Brown should take his spot in the All-Star Game:

http://thesportsdaily.com/reds-army/draymond-green-wants-jaylen-brown-in-the-all-star-game/

Does he stand a chance? Who'd be likely to replace him?
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 01:00:18 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Draymond Green chimed in today that he thinks Jaylen Brown should take his spot in the All-Star Game:

http://thesportsdaily.com/reds-army/draymond-green-wants-jaylen-brown-in-the-all-star-game/

Oh I guess Dragic would be the obvious choice.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 01:03:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

If it's by position I suppose Dragic makes sense - Kemba Walker has a case on stats but his team sucks. If it's just by player I think Drummond's got a case though his team sucks lately too; if it's by skillset you could maybe even make an argument for Ben Simmons.

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 01:08:59 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376

If it's by position I suppose Dragic makes sense - Kemba Walker has a case on stats but his team sucks. If it's just by player I think Drummond's got a case though his team sucks lately too; if it's by skillset you could maybe even make an argument for Ben Simmons.

I love Jaylen, but there is no way he's an All-Star yet.

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 01:16:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Agree. At his current trajectory he could have a case next season and a strong case by the one after that, but this year nah.

Nice compliment by Draymond, though he's probably biased toward guys with underwhelming stats on winning teams.

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 03:20:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just the fact that a multiple time All-Star and champion as well as a DPOY, recognizes Jaylen TOTAL game and and is suggesting that he should be considered, speaks volumes for how good Jaylen has become and where his game will go.

Jaylen's defense on Durant and Thompson has been out of this world good this year and he put up 20 a game against the Warriors in both games. My guess is Brown gets mad respect from the Dubs players.

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 03:54:48 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Agree. At his current trajectory he could have a case next season and a strong case by the one after that, but this year nah.

Nice compliment by Draymond, though he's probably biased toward guys with underwhelming stats on winning teams.

Jaylen had a stretch of All Star level play for a few weeks in November.  When he can do that consistently he'll be an All Star.  Still, the guy is making huge strides in year two.
Yup

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 06:59:41 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

They could, but it will be tough.  According to ESPN, their opponents for the rest of the season have the highest combined winning percentage of any remaining schedule.  Couple that with the fact that they're  about 6 points worse per 100 possessions with him off than on, and it's not hard to see them being a sub-.500 team the rest of the way, and maybe even finish below-.500 overall.

The question is can the Pistons step up to the 8th seed to save SVG's job?
Pistons fans ought to be rooting that they don't.  Is SVG the last coach/GM?  They still have Josh Smith on their books at 5.3M for another 2 years.