Author Topic: Is it just me or does anyone else feel anxious for the season to start?  (Read 2362 times)

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm definitely eager for the season to start.

I don't know if I'd use the word anxious, though.

I will say I am tired of talking / reading / listening about the subject of how good the Celtics will be this year.

Will they be mediocre?  Will they overachieve again?  Is the starting lineup entering this season laughably bad compared to last season, or is it surprisingly comparable?

How many games will the Celts win?  Over or under?  Are they a clear-cut second tier team in the East or do they have an outside shot and going deep into the second round or beyond?

I'm tired of all of those questions, I'd like to just see how they play and have some concrete evidence to consider.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think the anxiousness stems more from seeing basketball again.

But I agree it's best to temper expectations on the team (whatever team it may be) and just take it game by game.

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
A lot of questions, but I think we値l score points this year. A lot of points. Unfortunately I think we will give up a lot of points too. I am anxious to see if any of the new bigs can at least hold their own on defense.

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I'm definitely eager for the season to start.

I don't know if I'd use the word anxious, though.

I will say I am tired of talking / reading / listening about the subject of how good the Celtics will be this year.

Will they be mediocre?  Will they overachieve again?  Is the starting lineup entering this season laughably bad compared to last season, or is it surprisingly comparable?

How many games will the Celts win?  Over or under?  Are they a clear-cut second tier team in the East or do they have an outside shot and going deep into the second round or beyond?

I'm tired of all of those questions, I'd like to just see how they play and have some concrete evidence to consider.

Great points.  I've always been able to keep expectations reserved going into a season except for last year.  I drank the coolaid and believed the hype.  I'm back to where I normally am and I really don't have any expectations.  I normally go into a season and see what kind of basketball the team is playing going into the new year.  Last year I got so caught up that I kept believing they will turn it on when matters.  Then it got so bad after the ASG I hated watching this team and turned off a lot of games or chose other shows, recording the game and only watching if they won.  I could not stand last year.  This year I'm more excited.  No Kyrie is ok.  Al hurts.  Glad we didn't mortgage the future for AD.  Hopefully back to Celtics basketball playing as a team, working hard and being the scrappiest team on the floor. 

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
A lot of questions, but I think we値l score points this year. A lot of points. Unfortunately I think we will give up a lot of points too. I am anxious to see if any of the new bigs can at least hold their own on defense.

I still think we're a big short.

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

I still think we're a big short.

We might be. Unless Williams, Proirier, Theis, or Kanter can take a step forward, we might still need a starting-caliber big (ala Bogut for the Warriors in their first run).