Author Topic: Kevin Love is out!!!  (Read 13334 times)

Re: Kevin Love is out!!!
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I feel zero sympathy to be honest...

Last time I checked, we’ve been playing without FOUR rotational players this entire series, two of which are starters and our beat of the best.

Never like to see anyone go down, but honestly, this is just war of attrition from here on out. It’s happening in the Western Conference series too. Grit and survival are underrated factors this time of year. The Celtics have more of that than the remaining 3 teams combined.

Take out the two best players off any of the other 3 teams and they all get swept in round 1.

« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2018, 03:50:53 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Did people forget that Jeff Green absolutely stinks? He has one good game out of every 7. This is a big advantage for the C's.

« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2018, 03:54:58 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Did people forget that Jeff Green absolutely stinks? He has one good game out of every 7. This is a big advantage for the C's.

Exactly. Green was a no show as a Celtic and he only pops once in a while. His big game was 14 points yesterday.

« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2018, 04:07:16 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
^^^ Agreed. He has no touch around the rim or on any of his shots in general. He has a ton of shots rim in and out because he has no touch. He's just a very very mediocre player. George Hill is the only role player that i worry about on their team.

« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2018, 04:16:24 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
They were better without him. Green is a much better defender. Don't act like Green's 14 points were nothing, it's not as if Love had been better.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
they have played better all series without him.  Doesn't matter.  LeBron is a god and it's his series to lose.

« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2018, 04:20:36 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
They were better without him. Green is a much better defender. Don't act like Green's 14 points were nothing, it's not as if Love had been better.

Jeff Green's stats in Boston this series: 6, 6 and 8.
He had 14....at home.

Green is a better defender? Who is he going to guard? Al? Baynes

« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2018, 04:30:09 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
this is not necessarily a good thing

Re: Kevin Love out?
« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2018, 04:32:03 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Wow..if celtics dont win this game now, then then then i dont know what to say!!!

HEREis the problem...you think they are worse without Love I think they are better on defense.

« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2018, 04:34:16 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
they have played better all series without him.  Doesn't matter.  LeBron is a god and it's his series to lose.

cavs have lost by double digits each time in boston, and vice versa. The question isn't whether Lebron can score 40+...its going to be if the roleplayers who have played horrible in boston and lights out at home can have big enough games to offset loves scoring and enough to help lebron.

so far on both teams, the answer has been that those guys show up at home and not on the road.

« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2018, 04:36:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Yeah we got to take advantage here. If we lose with Love out, then honestly we don't deserve to make the Finals even though it's still been a resoundingly successful season anyways for us.

But I doubt Jeff Green has another game like that, and I'm not expecting Nance to be as impactful either besides maybe making a few plays near the rim and playing physical/dirty (but not like yesterday where he was all over the court).

Huh?

« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2018, 04:39:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Wow..if celtics dont win this game now, then then then i dont know what to say!!!

as i said earlier. love can score. we now have ZERO EXCUSES. NONE. GET IT DONE BRAD STEVENS! START PREPPING. al should have a field day on green. baynes should be a rebounding and shot blocking monster.
How about Kyrie - Hayward - Theis - Larkin being out as well?
How about Tatum is a 20-year-old rookie? How about Brown is just one year older? These 2 guys are our top scorers in the playoffs.

Ζero excuses, my a$$!

The fact that we are playing a game 7 in the ECF is a huge success on its own. This team has already exceeded expectations. No matter what happens tomorrow night, CBS and the players have done a great job.

Thank you for bringing some sanity to this topic

« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2018, 04:41:00 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I hate when people get excited about injuries. Especially after the season we had.

I was having this debate with myself earlier this morning. I'm certainly not happy Love is out, however his concussion (whether I like it or not), puts my team in a better position to get to the Finals, and that's what I'm happy about, not the concussion itself.

But since my being happy that my team has a better chance of winning Game 7 correlates with Love's injury, am I glad that he's injured?

Seems like you need more time for this conversation with yourself...need a conference room?

« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2018, 04:42:26 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359

as i said earlier. love can score. we now have ZERO EXCUSES. NONE. GET IT DONE BRAD STEVENS! START PREPPING. al should have a field day on green. baynes should be a rebounding and shot blocking monster.
How about Kyrie - Hayward - Theis - Larkin being out as well?
How about Tatum is a 20-year-old rookie? How about Brown is just one year older? These 2 guys are our top scorers in the playoffs.

Ζero excuses, my a$$!

The fact that we are playing a game 7 in the ECF is a huge success on its own. This team has already exceeded expectations. No matter what happens tomorrow night, CBS and the players have done a great job.

Thank you for bringing some sanity to this topic

yeah, people forget that we were supposed to lose in the first round before the playoffs started. then get wrecked by the sixers...then when we won that we were supposed to lose to the cavs in 5-6 games.

to be 1 win away from the finals missing Kyrie/Hayward and rotation players like Theis. with your top 2 scoring options being a rookie and a 2nd year player is a HUGE accomplishment. This team has made strides from last year when they were blown off the floor by the cavs...whatever happens tomorrow or going forward should they win.

« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2018, 04:46:53 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Jeff Green is a bad basketball player, you're 100% correct lol. If he actually shows up in G7, shake the man's hand because it'll be the first time he showed up when it truly mattered.