Author Topic: Kevin Love is out!!!  (Read 13393 times)

Re: Kevin Love is out!!!
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2018, 04:56:49 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
So loves replacements, nance and green, killed us more than love.  Nance in particular has been a PITA.

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2018, 05:01:10 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I know Jeff Green isn't the 2nd coming of Durant, but he isn't a 'bad' basketball player. He has helped keep the Cavs afloat throughout the season in times where they needed him in what has to be considered one of his most efficient yet.

With his length and athleticism along with Nance's ability to grab any rebound and dunk it back in, we have every reason to be cautious tomorrow night. This is down to a one-game series and role players can often make a big difference (see KO last year vs WAS).

CLE loses a consistent go-to scorer in Kevin Love, but their defense will improve and they just need one guy other than Lebron to go off.

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2018, 05:02:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
So loves replacements, nance and green, killed us more than love.  Nance in particular has been a PITA.

True. The question is, how much of that was because we had designed a gameplan for the Cavs with Love and not specifically for Green and Nance, and how much of that is just due to Green and Nance being faster and more athletic than Love?

« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2018, 05:19:17 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

True. The question is, how much of that was because we had designed a gameplan for the Cavs with Love and not specifically for Green and Nance, and how much of that is just due to Green and Nance being faster and more athletic than Love?

It’s amazing how many NBA coaches like Lue luck out by forced adjustment occasioned by injuries or foul trouble that make them play guys who they would never have played. In 2008 Rivers had the same luck when injury and foul trouble made him play Powe House and Posey more minutes than he probably would have without those issues. I venture a guess that had Love not been injured yesterday. I venture a guess had Love not been injured yesterday Lue would have played him heavy minutes and Boston would have had a better offense output and may have won the game.

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2018, 05:27:04 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
This gives Lebron the excuse he was looking for. I'm sure we will still see one faked injury by him though. This will be great theater!  8)

Re: Kevin Love out?
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2018, 05:44:57 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Wow..if celtics dont win this game now, then then then i dont know what to say!!!

HEREis the problem...you think they are worse without Love I think they are better on defense.

They will almost certainly be better on D without Love. Their offense also looks different. Love doesn’t move around a lot, and he’s not the same as a cutter. In theory, Love is a better 3-point shooter but in the 3 Boston games he was bad.  5-17 bad. Marcus Smart bad.

I felt better with Love in the Cavs lineup - we knew what he could do and had a winning plan. I don’t know our plan for the new Cavs, but I put my faith in CBS and a very very loud Boston Gahden.

« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2018, 05:47:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Love out ?

That only means one  thing ...

Lebron NEEDS  MoRE

H E L P ...

We can give him Nader or MOrE COWBELL !

« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2018, 05:51:40 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
We are facing very arguably the greatest NBA player, near his prime, in a game 7 to go to the NBA championship. Expected Lebron to fake an injury, or come up with excuses, is ridiculous.

Let’s just appreciate this incredible opportunity in front of our team. Should be a great game.

« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2018, 06:45:21 PM »

Offline IndyCelt

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
He was faking last night, the leg injury when C's were down 5 , chance to cut it to 3 Cavs get ball he rolls around like he dying, limps up court and the bang he was cured and gets a dunk. Jordan didnt do that stuff or Bird or Magic

« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2018, 07:50:14 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think Lue goes with an odd line up...like Korver and Nance with TT and Green off the bench to start the game

« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
This gives Boston an entire day to prep for whatever the Cavs come up with

Bingo.

« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2018, 08:03:59 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We are facing very arguably the greatest NBA player, near his prime, in a game 7 to go to the NBA championship. Expected Lebron to fake an injury, or come up with excuses, is ridiculous.

Let’s just appreciate this incredible opportunity in front of our team. Should be a great game.

Greatest fraud in NBA history.
Refs let him travel and commit offensive fouls constantly.
He undercuts Danny Granger and puts him out of the playoffs.
Purposely injures Hayward in our first game of the season.

« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2018, 08:10:38 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Seems like the planets are aligning for one of Lebron’s greatest feats.  Winning game 7 with no help and then potentially facing Houston in the finals with an injured Chris Paul.

« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2018, 08:12:28 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Seems like the planets are aligning for one of Lebron’s greatest feats.  Winning game 7 with no help and then potentially facing Houston in the finals with an injured Chris Paul.

SMH...I thought I was the most negative and pessimistic poster on this site. But you take the cake.

« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2018, 08:19:58 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Going to be the most hardest game of this year's playoffs for the Celtics.

Kevin Love out means it's bad news for Celtics fans because Cavs offense changes and defensively becomes more dangerously good.

Make stupid passes, shoot stupid 3's, miss free throws, and do not box out will kill the Celtics. REBOUND, REBOUND, REBOUND!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)