Author Topic: Jae on Jaylen: "He needs to get a motor...not play lazy and laid back."  (Read 15016 times)

Re: Jae on Jaylen: "He needs to get a motor...not play lazy and laid back."
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2016, 12:27:31 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I went back and watched some SL games and he does seem to get back alright so im not sure what hes up to in practice. Crowder might also have seen some guys around the league being lazy and doesn't want Jaylen to become one on of them as he is  pretty much his mentor, being his mentor i wouldn't expect him to compliment Jaylen to often as that's Crowders style. I'm not sure how you could say he is the next Jeff Green.
Please. Don't anyone bring up Green's name around Brown. Please.

Uh, guys need to temper their expectations quick. I'd be happy if Brown can reach Jeff Green's level. Comparing their freshmen years alone, Brown took twice as many shots - the easiest way to inflate draft position and reputation - but is there any other measure by which Jaylen outplayed Jeff?

Re: Jae on Jaylen: "He needs to get a motor...not play lazy and laid back."
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2016, 12:36:10 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
You can't expect too much from a 19yo kid with one year college. The expectations are too great. Hunter wanted this, and now the NBA has to live with it. Stern was against it, and I understand there are some restrictions now. Many of these kids wind up in the D-league, which is what it was formed for. Good thing.

I would like to see the age limit moved up to 21, so that most of the draftees are college grads. More mature and better coached. I'm sure some of the college coaches would like that, too.

Teams are being forced to draft these 19yos out of the major schools because of their super talent potential. But most aren't ready for real time NBA. Ainge likes to draft a bit older, but he made an exception with Brown due to his talent and athleticism. We'll see what happens. The kid may need a few years. Havlicek needed 2 or 3 to crack the starting lineup as a scorer.

I back this, I think kids staying in school is a good thing, it's a win win for both the NBA and NCAA in both financial and the product

kids being drafted are more polished and ready to play right away, less unknowns, i think more talent goes into the pool being drafted.

Good for the NCAA so they keep the players longer for March Madness ratings and I think it helps that the players are probably a year or two away from graduating, it's good for business and good for the players to actually get an education.