Author Topic: Miami Heat Clear Cut Path For Yet Another Finals Appearance  (Read 6727 times)

Miami Heat Clear Cut Path For Yet Another Finals Appearance
« on: February 14, 2013, 03:30:29 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
This is my opinion feel free to disagree. *I'm sure you will* Miami is just flat out better than everybody in the eastern conference. They're the only team in the east that I would be shocked by if they lost. Anybody else i could easily see losing.

I think if miami gets beaten It will be by someone in the western conference. As a celtics fan this makes me so sick but I live in the real world. Miami will rule the east for years to come and I think we better get used to it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 04:28:59 PM by Lightskinsmurf »

Re: Miami Heat Clear Cut Favorites For Yet Another Finals Appearance
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 03:32:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
This isn't anything new. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 03:38:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yeah, I think that is a big reason why some still have confidence in Boston making a run without Rondo. Outside of Miami, there are no top quality teams in the East.

If something goes wrong with the Heat, the East would suddenly be wide open.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Is it possible to have two teams in the same conference that you'd be shocked to see lose?  :P

Miami is the clear favorite and have been all year.  They're the champs til somebody beats em 4 out of 7.

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 03:55:56 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
No disagreement from me.

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 03:57:56 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Yeah, I think that is a big reason why some still have confidence in Boston making a run without Rondo. Outside of Miami, there are no top quality teams in the East.

Yea... If we were in the west
, I see five teams that would need to go wrong for us to advance
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 04:33:01 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Is it possible to have two teams in the same conference that you'd be shocked to see lose?  :P

Miami is the clear favorite and have been all year.  They're the champs til somebody beats em 4 out of 7.

I didn't mean to use the word favorite. I meant to say miami has a clear cut path to the finals. Meaning they are head and shoulders above everyone in the east and are not being stopped. Something very unfortunate would have to happen to them like a injury to lebron.

Re: Miami Heat Clear Cut Path For Yet Another Finals Appearance
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 04:46:06 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Good thing I read this.. Thought the Bobcats were. Whew.. Thanks. Just teasing ya. It's worse when like me you live here in Palm beach Florida where everyone is a heat fan now. Of course before Lebron they took some years off after Shaq was gone.

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 04:50:30 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Agreed. Which means... We have everything to win! Bring them on, I'm not scared of them. They play the games for a reason and when the playoffs begin, every team, seeds 1 through 8 in each conference, is 0-0. Bring them on.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

yeah. With or without Rondo this has always been the plan. If the Heat loose a key player, the East is wide open.

Granted the Celtics are in desperate need of a guard and a big man now that Rondo, Sully and Barbosa are out.  :(

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
And, oddly enough - the same three players that we believed would've made a difference last May-June are Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, and to some extent Chris Wilcox.

AB and Jeff Green are playing rather well right now, and Wilcox has been solid, too.

Even without Rondo, I still LOVE our opportunity.

Since Rondo went down, we've beaten the Lakers (probable playoff team, maybe more), Clips (playoff team even without CP3), TOR (IN TOR, and improved), CHI (A probable 2nd round team even without Rose), DEN (probable 2nd round team in the West), and MIA.....

Yep...I absolutely LOVE our chances, here. I was sad to see Barbosa go down, but even with THAT here is (IMO) our probable playoff rotation:

C - KG/Wilcox/Collins/Free Agent Big
PF - Bass/Wilcox/Green
SF - Pierce/Green
SG - Lee/Jet
PG - AB-Jet

I believe MIA does NOT have a clear path...if anything, I'm betting that they hope they don't meet us until the ECFs...for me, I'd rather get them EARLY...

Imagine that...an 8th seed beating a 1 seed....it has happened before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XGt25SRmdg

Anything's possible, right?

DEN had a tough, defensive-minded Center back then....we have that, too.

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 05:43:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Off-Topic, but why in the WORLD isn't Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo in the HOF, yet?

One of the best defensive centers ever..played in the finals...several playoff appearances...HUGE community service participant.

LOVED his play in that upset clip vs SEA.

BOS can do that to MIA if we get the 8th seed.

They don't want to meet us that early, trust me.

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 05:48:58 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
And, oddly enough - the same three players that we believed would've made a difference last May-June are Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, and to some extent Chris Wilcox.

AB and Jeff Green are playing rather well right now, and Wilcox has been solid, too.

Even without Rondo, I still LOVE our opportunity.

Since Rondo went down, we've beaten the Lakers (probable playoff team, maybe more), Clips (playoff team even without CP3), TOR (IN TOR, and improved), CHI (A probable 2nd round team even without Rose), DEN (probable 2nd round team in the West), and MIA.....

Yep...I absolutely LOVE our chances, here. I was sad to see Barbosa go down, but even with THAT here is (IMO) our probable playoff rotation:

C - KG/Wilcox/Collins/Free Agent Big
PF - Bass/Wilcox/Green
SF - Pierce/Green
SG - Lee/Jet
PG - AB-Jet

I believe MIA does NOT have a clear path...if anything, I'm betting that they hope they don't meet us until the ECFs...for me, I'd rather get them EARLY...

Imagine that...an 8th seed beating a 1 seed....it has happened before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XGt25SRmdg

Anything's possible, right?

DEN had a tough, defensive-minded Center back then....we have that, too.
I agree liked our chances a lot more before all the injuries but still think we can upset somebody (Knicks/Heat) and who knows what happens.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 05:56:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Off-Topic, but why in the WORLD isn't Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo in the HOF, yet?

One of the best defensive centers ever..played in the finals...several playoff appearances...HUGE community service participant.

He's not eligible yet - his last year was 08-09.

My guess is they'll lock him out of being 1st ballot but he'll get in shortly thereafter.

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 06:03:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

He's not eligible yet - his last year was 08-09.

My guess is they'll lock him out of being 1st ballot but he'll get in shortly thereafter.

Hope so.

He was the 2nd best player on that PHI team that met LA in the finals.

He's due.