Author Topic: Cade Cunningham  (Read 11456 times)

Re: Cade Cunningham
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 06:52:40 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
He can handle the ball and pass but I wouldn't make him a PG. NBA speed is much faster than what he is seeing and producing. He would be a great wing player is see a blend of T-Mac and Jalen Rose as far as handles, passing and scoring.

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2021, 07:26:27 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'm in the Jalen Green team, but the 2021 draft has a tonne of really strong prospects at this stage. Really interesting to see how the G-League goes with Jalen Green, Jonathon Kuminga and Daishen Nix
Any guys who might possibly slide to our first round pick?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2021, 07:49:50 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
He can handle the ball and pass but I wouldn't make him a PG. NBA speed is much faster than what he is seeing and producing. He would be a great wing player is see a blend of T-Mac and Jalen Rose as far as handles, passing and scoring.
He can run the point in the half court. That's what I care about the most. The vast majority of playoff games are won in the half court.

If we wanna push the tempo on offense, we could use him off the ball as well. He's a terrific shooter.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 08:31:26 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2021, 10:15:17 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
He can run the point in the half court. That's what I care about the most. The vast majority of playoff games are won in the half court.

If we wanna push the tempo on offense, we could use him off the ball as well. He's a terrific shooter.
I don't mind running offense through him, just don't see the consistent burst to get by smaller guards is all. You could use him like Luka, he can shoot over PGs and post on PGs if a PG switches onto him. It's best not to ask him to be a PG and cover PGs though. If someone wants to trade Brown for him I understand that move as Cade may have higher level playmaking. Im more about trying to build around the Js.

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2021, 05:14:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm just going to leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVfr8_MPETY

40 points and 11 rebounds on 12-21 from the floor, 3-8 from 3 and 13-14 from the FT line

The kid is amazing!

- He's a 6'8'' with a 7' wingspan.
- He's an unselfish ball handler with elite BBIQ!
- He can create his own shot.
- He can create shots for his teammates.
- He's a great shooter (43.2% from 3 on 4.8 attempts per game, 85% from the FT line on 6.3 attempts per game).
- He can shoot 3s off the dribble!
- He can play on or off the ball (which means he'd be a great fit next to Tatum).
- He can guard multiple positions.

He can do it all!

If I were Danny, I'd seriously consider trading Brown on draft night for Cunningham + whatever else we can get.

For instance, let's say the Wizards win the lottery.

Brown to the Wizards for Cunningham + Bertans + Wagner

How does CC compare to Tatum?

Is he considered a higher level prospect at the same age?
Cunningham is nearing consensus #1 pick status in a deep draft, so he's a higher level prospect. Very similar college level prospect to Fultz
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2021, 05:17:05 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Looks like he is headed to Minnesota or Detroit
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2021, 05:22:02 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I'm in the Jalen Green team, but the 2021 draft has a tonne of really strong prospects at this stage. Really interesting to see how the G-League goes with Jalen Green, Jonathon Kuminga and Daishen Nix
Any guys who might possibly slide to our first round pick?
It depends. A week ago I would have said maybe, given the way our team was playing. Now that we're back in the latter third of the draft we won't have access to Green or Kuminga, but there are a bunch of athletic rangy 4/5 guys in that range, like Isaiah Jackson, Kai Jones and Greg Brown. All pretty raw, but serious athletes.

I'd prefer we go a different way though, personally. I'd love for us to get Josh Giddey (18 year-old playing in the NBL, where LaMelo Ball and RJ Hampton played), he's looking better than Hampton did down here. I also coached against him when he played my little brother's team a few years ago and he whooped us ;D

A couple of other guys would be Chris Duarte, a nice wing shooter who played alongside PP last year at Oregon, or Davion Mitchell, a 3&D point guard with the strength to defend 2s and nice passing ability. I also like Day'Ron Sharpe - reminds me of Andrew Bynum

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2021, 02:05:48 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
25 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists in the big 12 semifinal against #2 Baylor.

4-10 from 3 (40%)
7-16 from the floor (43.8%)
7-8 from the FT line (87.5%)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIQ6LaKstK0

Check out the play at 0:44 of the video. That's an unstoppable move! How many 6'8''+ players around the league can consistently hit step back 3s? Fortunately, we already got one in Tatum!

If I were Danny, I'd sell the farm to put Cunningham next to Tatum! The kid is a future super star! I absolutely love his game!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 02:29:38 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2021, 11:00:20 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Are we tanking for this guy?

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2021, 11:18:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Haha. Would take something spectacular

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2021, 11:21:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Haha. Would take something spectacular

Looking that way. We are headed to the lotto.

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2021, 08:41:18 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So Cunningham for the 1st time is put into the limelight in the NCAA tournament and with three minutes left in the game, Cunningham has 8 points on 2-11 shooting, 1-6 on threes with 4 turnovers, 3 rebounds and 1 assist.

Oh, his team is struggling to stay ahead of world reknown basketball power, #13 Liberty.

But, yeah, let's trade Tatum or Brown for this kid because he is supposedly transcendent....not.

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2021, 08:47:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
So Cunningham for the 1st time is put into the limelight in the NCAA tournament and with three minutes left in the game, Cunningham has 8 points on 2-11 shooting, 1-6 on threes with 4 turnovers, 3 rebounds and 1 assist.

Oh, his team is struggling to stay ahead of world reknown basketball power, #13 Liberty.

But, yeah, let's trade Tatum or Brown for this kid because he is supposedly transcendent....not.

We don't haver to take anyone we have a shot in the lotto.

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2021, 09:07:49 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
I like Cade, he’s got All-Star written all over him but I’m not 100% sold on him being a transcendent player. He’s not a physical force, he doesn’t have the vision of Doncic or Simmons nor does he have a great first step or change of pace. He reminds me of a taller stronger Shaun Livingston.

For me the best long term prospect is Evan Mobley, he has everything to be elite at both ends. Mobley can bring the ball up, has decent passing for a 7 footer, great touch, very team oriented, never wastes possessions, he has a great motor, elite athleticism and something I love is when he blocks shots he is always trying to keep it in bounds or send it to a teammate, which shows his iq. Obviously though Mobley is more of a project because he needs to put on weight and bigs usually take longer to work in an NBA scheme.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2021, 09:17:27 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Watched the game tonight and was not impressed at all. Michael Beasley vibes. Shooting stroke is whack. Its a knuckleball.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.