Author Topic: Will this blog be active throughout the offseason?  (Read 14140 times)

Will this blog be active throughout the offseason?
« on: May 15, 2009, 02:56:13 AM »

Offline kheeko

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 69
id assume it will, but thought id ask, signed up here just this year

and yea im feeling pretty down right now given the topic  :-[

Re: Will this blog be active throughout the offseason?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 03:51:13 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Of course.

People will talk about the draft, building the bench through free agency, and KG's and Powe's recovery, to name a few topics.  Plenty of stuff to discuss.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 06:37:17 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Not to mention the ever popular CB draft we do.

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:11:36 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
[dang] sure it will.

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 07:28:56 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
YES

we never leave - where would we go? ;)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 07:38:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
YES

we never leave - where would we go? ;)
It is active, but not nearly as active as during the playoffs. Though the draft gets plenty of people chattering!

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 08:06:22 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

When does that start and who is commissioner this season?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 08:14:26 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I think it's usually right before Labor Day.  Donoghus had talked about being commissioner, but I'm not sure if he's up for it.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 08:16:26 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 08:17:37 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
The moment after the clock hits 0:00 in the final game of the year is the official start of Gerald Green season. You may want to brush up on his stats, possible destinations in the Ukranian Basketball League and the phrase "tru balla" in the interim.

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

There will be tons of activity. Plenty of threads about needing to replace Rondo, who's wildly inconsistent, can't shoot and is a terrible defender. 40-50 threads about ideas to ship Ray out of town. Threads about how our window has closed because KG will never come back from this knee injury. Threads about all sorts of things will somehow gravitate towards whether we need to sign Davis no matter the price. Attacks on Ainge every time a player signs with another team. And if that's not enough, we'll have a summer league team this year.

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 08:54:58 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

There will be tons of activity. Plenty of threads about needing to replace Rondo, who's wildly inconsistent, can't shoot and is a terrible defender. 40-50 threads about ideas to ship Ray out of town. Threads about how our window has closed because KG will never come back from this knee injury. Threads about all sorts of things will somehow gravitate towards whether we need to sign Davis no matter the price. Attacks on Ainge every time a player signs with another team. And if that's not enough, we'll have a summer league team this year.

Ainge deserved to be criticized last year.  He left this team without a legitimate backup center or a backup 3, and had too many projects on the roster for a championship contender.  Even before the KG and Powe injuries, this team was handicapped as compared to last season.  If Danny has a similar off-season, he deserves to be lambasted by as many people as wish to do so.

Also, I remember maybe one "trade Rondo" thread in the past year, which the OP recanted.  I doubt we see a lot of them this off-season.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 09:23:16 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

I think it's usually right before Labor Day.  Donoghus had talked about being commissioner, but I'm not sure if he's up for it.

Sweet, I'd like to have my Rockets Franchise back. Are the Blazers coming back?
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 09:51:06 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Ainge deserved to be criticized last year.  He left this team without a legitimate backup center or a backup 3, and had too many projects on the roster for a championship contender.  Even before the KG and Powe injuries, this team was handicapped as compared to last season.  If Danny has a similar off-season, he deserves to be lambasted by as many people as wish to do so.

Also, I remember maybe one "trade Rondo" thread in the past year, which the OP recanted.  I doubt we see a lot of them this off-season.

By handicapped compared to last year do you mean playing as well as last year until KG went down? If he were healthy we'd have swept the Bulls, the Magic would be in our rear-view mirrors and the only real reason to favor the Cavs would be home court (if they even had home court, we were ahead of them in the standings when KG went down). As for Rondo, I'll wait and see. He's been our best performer during the playoffs but he's received considerably more criticism than the other starters combined.

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 11:09:41 AM »

Offline Eeyore III

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48

But we can't re-sign Baby regardless of the price.  We can only match up to the MLE, according to Roy. 

And the fact is, we could ship Ray out in a heartbeat for any stiff with multiple years of bad contract left: Eddie Curry, Sammy Dalembert, or Tyson Chandler, anyone?

See how it works, OP?  Controversy galore! 8)
"People don't understand, if you can't live the rest of your life off one year in the NBA, you can't live off 21." -- Keon Clark