Author Topic: Too many people around here are scared  (Read 2957 times)

Re: Too many people around here are scared
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 11:00:58 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I’m kind of sick of seeing posts complaining about golden states dominance or people hoping Lebron doesn’t end up in say, Philly, where things would get more difficult.

Am I the only one that would be incredibly excited to challenge golden state?  Am I the only one that thinks we could beat Philly with Lebron?

I mean, the celts are building a super team of their own.  I’d love some titles but would forward to challenging these teams just as much as actually winning.  Bring it on I say.
I think you're in denial.  This is Golden State's league for the next 5-10 years unless someone forms another superteam.

I agree for the most part.  It's not a sign of weakness to appreciate how good the GSW are.  The Celtics will be very competitive with them if healthy next season, but it's still their league until proven otherwise.  Despite have stacked we've become, they're still better at nearly every position and well-versed in winning.  That said, I would be surprised if we didn't win a chip within the next 3 years.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 11:13:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I’m kind of sick of seeing posts complaining about golden states dominance or people hoping Lebron doesn’t end up in say, Philly, where things would get more difficult.

Am I the only one that would be incredibly excited to challenge golden state?  Am I the only one that thinks we could beat Philly with Lebron?

I mean, the celts are building a super team of their own.  I’d love some titles but would forward to challenging these teams just as much as actually winning.  Bring it on I say.
I think you're in denial.  This is Golden State's league for the next 5-10 years unless someone forms another superteam.

Yeah... no. You're in denial.

What do you expect from the guy who hangs too much on Liberty Ballers ::D

Lol and after PHI signs Lebron he'll probably be like, "Philadelphia will run this league for the next 20 years!"  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 08:32:34 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

I agree 100%

Golden State came very close to actually loosing to Houston, in fact, if Paul were healthy they may have lost.

The Warriors are a team that more and more play in spurts. Show me a team that falls asleep in games, and I'll show you a beatable team.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2018, 08:46:58 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
My point exactly. And in boxing's terms, styles makes fights. We match up better against the Warriors than any teams in the league. But first, we must get over the hurdle (Lebron) to reach them. This is why the game 7 chokefest still stings.

100% right on.  I've been dying to see a Celtics-Warriors series for 2 years now.  Our team has been building to beat them, and already has had more success than anyone except this year's Rockets.  Not saying we would beat them, but I think that the C's are at a minimum the only team in the East that could make the Finals at least worth watching. 

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2018, 09:02:55 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Whether we can beat GS completely depends on Tatum, Brown and Ainge.

Brown and Tatum are faster, quicker and more explosive athletes than Durant and Thompson, and those advantages will get bigger each year. One more significant leap forward for Tatum and Brown and much of the GS advantage goes away.

Our other advantage is our team cap situation is quite a bit better than theirs. Danny should be able to maintain a deeper roster.

We can beat them, but we will need growth in 2018-19 from Tatum and Brown, and Ainge needs to continue to make great decisions.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 09:06:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
NO FEAR

here

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2018, 09:11:28 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Agreed.

Altough adding AD would be nice; we’d probably have to breakup the team just to get him.....and then, where does that leave us?  Farther back where we started?

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2018, 09:14:23 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I think we are the superteam that can beat GS if we stand pat and are healthy.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2018, 09:28:00 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we are the superteam that can beat GS if we stand pat and are healthy.

TP SAME THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2018, 09:28:51 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26

I'm with you. I think the Warriors have passed their peak. Curry will be 31 next year, Iguodala will be 35 next playoff and won't hold up to his current level for long. They will rely on KD's hero play more often. All we need is to do is keep healthy, get home court advantage, and we have as many chance as the Rockets to beat them.

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2018, 09:32:07 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I hope he goes to LA. it'll make beating them even better.

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2018, 09:33:34 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The sky is always falling, for some people.

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2018, 10:21:40 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

They're the oldest team in the NBA, but they'll defy Father Time for up to 10 years.

This is why you're a legend.

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2018, 11:29:33 AM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
You should be scared.

If the C's don't go strong for LeBron he's going to GOLDEN STATE.

Steph, KD, AND LeBron.

LeBron replaces everything Green does for them and LeBron isn't insane.

Steph and KD can shoot even more crazy bombs that shouldn't ever go in but does anyways just for Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.z and giggles.

Yikes.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2018, 12:40:35 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

I agree for the most part.  It's not a sign of weakness to appreciate how good the GSW are.  The Celtics will be very competitive with them if healthy next season, but it's still their league until proven otherwise.  Despite have stacked we've become, they're still better at nearly every position and well-versed in winning.  That said, I would be surprised if we didn't win a chip within the next 3 years.
There is no denying GS’s star power.  They’d have the two best players in the series.  But we’re right there in terms of stars.  We didn’t get a chance to see playoff Kyrie, which I’d argue is as good as it gets. 

But more importantly, you can’t just line of the players to decide who is better.  You have to look at the whole package.  And I would argue that the celts can field a more versatile team with fewer weaknesses.  We were the best defensive team in the league with Kyrie most of the year and I expect similar results next year.  We can also field an entire line up that has no weaknesses offensively.  Kyrie would have a field day with Jaylen, Jayson, Al, and Hayward around him.

Am I guaranteeing we’d beat them?  Of course not.  As I said on another thread, I think the team with home court would have the edge.  But more than anything, I would look forward to the challenge and would have no fear.