Poll

Would you make the trade

Yes give me LeBron please
13 (22%)
No thanks
46 (78%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Poll: Trade Horford, Memphis pick, LA pick for Lebron  (Read 4878 times)

Re: Poll: Trade Horford, Memphis pick, LA pick for Lebron
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2018, 08:00:23 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Kyrie instead of Horford please.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2018, 08:00:43 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
I honestly don’t think we would have to give up much more than Horford, definitely not the Memphis pick.  With the 7 teams he wants to talk who is going to top that in a sign and trade?  Most of the teams can only really sign him as a FA, not a sign and trade.

When Lebron did a sign and trade to Miami wasn’t it only 2 late first round picks in return?

I suppose any of the seven teams listed COULD do a sign and trade. It’s just the Celtics only option.

Cleveland got the two picks but only because it was happening anyway. He was going to Miami. It was just a question of do they want the picks or do they want them to sacrifice (more) money or Heat trade players. It was that or nothing for the Cavs.

Same will happen this time around. LeBron will decide where he wants to go. If it’s a team like Boston, Cleveland will have to decide if they want to facilitate a sign and trade for a package Boston will give up, or force him to sign elsewhere for nothing in return. Either way, if he decides he’s leaving, he’s leaving Cleveland. It would behoove them to get something in return, even if it’s salary and a first.
not necessarily because of their cap situation. Unless they get a really good seal they won't pay the luxury tax which makes them taking on salary a problem.  The Cavs need a really solid offer or a trade that avoids the luxury tax and neither of those are givens.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2018, 08:24:45 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

When did Horford become untradeable was at after his disappearing act in game 7?

I mean seriously? If we had Kyrie that series would have been over in 5! We would be playing game 5 of the finals Sunday.

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2018, 08:29:06 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

When did Horford become untradeable was at after his disappearing act in game 7?

I mean seriously? If we had Kyrie that series would have been over in 5! We would be playing game 5 of the finals Sunday.
Yeah, Kyrie is y’know, better than Al. And has won it all with LBJ
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2018, 08:56:08 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I honestly don’t think we would have to give up much more than Horford, definitely not the Memphis pick.  With the 7 teams he wants to talk who is going to top that in a sign and trade?  Most of the teams can only really sign him as a FA, not a sign and trade.

When Lebron did a sign and trade to Miami wasn’t it only 2 late first round picks in return?

I suppose any of the seven teams listed COULD do a sign and trade. It’s just the Celtics only option.

Cleveland got the two picks but only because it was happening anyway. He was going to Miami. It was just a question of do they want the picks or do they want them to sacrifice (more) money or Heat trade players. It was that or nothing for the Cavs.

Same will happen this time around. LeBron will decide where he wants to go. If it’s a team like Boston, Cleveland will have to decide if they want to facilitate a sign and trade for a package Boston will give up, or force him to sign elsewhere for nothing in return. Either way, if he decides he’s leaving, he’s leaving Cleveland. It would behoove them to get something in return, even if it’s salary and a first.

Yep, and just to add more to what I initially wrote I looked up the specifics of that sign and trade deal.  It was those 2 first round picks, a swap option for another first rounder, and 2 second round picks.  Knowing the Heat were going to be a powerhouse all those picks coming back brought little value.

Typically the value back in a sign and trade is not that great.  A Horford centered deal with lower end assets is more than enough.  That Memphis pick has a very high chance of being a lottery pick so I highly doubt it would need to be included.