Author Topic: Per Shams...C's going hard after a center  (Read 17198 times)

Re: Per Shams...C's going hard after a center
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2019, 07:02:07 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I don't and won't believe it ...

till a warm 7 ' body puts on a Celtics uniform

Who can score with his back to the basket...
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2019, 07:03:13 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Dumb question. Who’s Bryant ?

Thomas Bryant. He played for this Wizards this past year and was fairly effective.

Another guy the Lakers let go for free. Amazing to lose Randle, Bryant and Zubac for basically nothing and yet you could be on track to be a serious contender.

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2019, 07:07:09 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I would rather gamble with Cousins at age 28 but why would he ever come here except for fact he would be a starter and could reassert himself as top line star. If him and Hayward return to almost normal after their injuries, we could surprise some people. I bet Cousins has eyes on LA too.

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2019, 07:08:31 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Give me NV and BLopez with the cap space

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2019, 07:11:04 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff

Brook Lopez is 31 and on the decline. Good player, but not what the Celtics need now.

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2019, 07:12:38 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I don’t understand Ainge.  He goes after centers, drafts them, they barely get used then he wants to get another center ::)

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2019, 07:18:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Brook Lopez is 31 and on the decline. Good player, but not what the Celtics need now.

For the three years we were willing to go with Horford, he’s just fine.

If we draft Brandon Clarke, Lopez could be a great fit.   On defense, Lopez can protect the interior while Clarke guards athletic threes and fours.  On offense, they can invert — Lopez can heave those three pointers while Clarke rolls to the rim and crashes the offensive glass.  They could be very synergistic with each other and also fit into the general style of play pretty well.

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2019, 07:19:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Randle or Vucevic. Would love either. What do we think they'd realistically command in FA?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2019, 07:25:38 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Randle or Vucevic. Would love either. What do we think they'd realistically command in FA?

The problem with Randle is defense. Rumor has it that word is foreign to him and not sure how lack of effort on one side of the ball would fit with Stevens..

Not sure why I would actually want Cousins now as before I would have avoided him but Cousins would be a big swing for the stars kind of move. I really believe it could possibly work out for us if he did not have his heart set on the west coast.He is a big alpha though and safe to say if healthy he would not roll over at home in the playoffs. What kind of deal  will he get as free agent? I wonder.

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2019, 07:31:44 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'd much rather try to work a trade with Adams, along the lines of what saltlover proposed, especially if we can absorb his contract and get picks from OKC for doing so.

Adams' defense and rebounding prowess, especially on the offensive boards, fulfills a team need.  He is really good in the pick and roll, which we need especially as a counterpart to Hayward, who does real well on the PNR set up.

And Vuc, well, he had a really nice regular season, but as I've written what must be a dozen times by now, was really exposed in the Toronto series.  Gasol totally shut him down, and I imagine Adams would do the same. 

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2019, 07:32:18 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

The problem with Randle is defense. Rumor has it that word is foreign to him and not sure how lack of effort on one side of the ball would fit with Stevens..

Not sure why I would actually want Cousins now as before I would have avoided him but Cousins would be a big swing for the stars kind of move. I really believe it could possibly work out for us if he did not have his heart set on the west coast.He is a big alpha though and safe to say if healthy he would not roll over at home in the playoffs. What kind of deal  will he get as free agent? I wonder.
I'll take a wild guess that geography is not that important to Boogie.  If he was given the center starting job and a chance to reassert himself in this league, he would be satisfied. Just a guess though....

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2019, 07:34:46 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
With Adams and Baynes on the team together, the "down under duo" would be devastating defensively which could cause the earth's magnetic poles to flip.

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2019, 07:43:48 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

Brook might be if the Cs decide they need a reasonably priced stopgap while Timelord develops

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2019, 08:08:12 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff

Brook might be if the Cs decide they need a reasonably priced stopgap while Timelord develops

How much would Lopez cost? 12-15 million a year?

« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2019, 08:12:42 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't think Vucevic is realistic, Orlando is going to offer more than we are willing/able to.

Capela on draft night is my prediction. He's signed for 4 years at much cheaper than any of these other guys.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19