Author Topic: Per Shams...C's going hard after a center  (Read 17195 times)

Re: Per Shams...C's going hard after a center
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2019, 03:53:57 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
While I think Vuc would be a solid addition to our lineup, I think Steven Adams would be preferable.
A defensive beast who’s could anchor a lineup of wings/swings.

Wondering if a sign and trade with Horford would work?
Cap experts?

It would not, and it’s unnecessary, as we have the cap room to absorb Adams’ contract.

So, theoretically, we could absorb Adams contract w/o sending out any assets...
That would be cool, though I think OKC could get some good value for the big man.

We could, and I wouldn’t expect OKC to get anything for Adams, and would likely give up a pick.  It was rumored that they were trying to trade their pick last night to move Adams, but apparently there were no takers.  Adams is a good player, but he’s not worth what he gets paid, and there are two years left.  OKC wants to take on little to no salary back, so there are only a few teams that have the space for his deal.  If the Celtics are interested, they should have pretty decent negotiating leverage — there are more options for the C’s at center (Vucevic, Capela, and Adams headline the list) than there are teams that can help out OKC with the tax relief.

« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2019, 03:55:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
While I think Vuc would be a solid addition to our lineup, I think Steven Adams would be preferable.
A defensive beast who’s could anchor a lineup of wings/swings.

Wondering if a sign and trade with Horford would work?
Cap experts?

It would not, and it’s unnecessary, as we have the cap room to absorb Adams’ contract.

So, theoretically, we could absorb Adams contract w/o sending out any assets...
That would be cool, though I think OKC could get some good value for the big man.
OKC's goal in trading Adams is to cut their payroll and tax liability.  C's would be a team of interest to them since we would have the cap room to absorb Adams' contract without having to send them anyone to stay under the cap.  for that act of generosity by the C's, they should be getting, at a minimum, a first rounder from OKC if not more (like some seconds as well - don't think they'll dump 2 firsts to unload him).  hopefully that pick would be about 3 years out when OKC may start to falter and our collection of extra picks has run out.

« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2019, 03:57:44 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If M Brogdon is #1 priority and can be had for 23 million, that leaves 12 for Thomas Byrant - although Wizards probably match.

Anybody for Willie Cauley Stein for 10 to 12 million?

All three of these names are RFA - which are very hard to pry away from original team,
but I really like Brogdon and Bryant, and they fit the timeline.

I think Brogdon could be signed for $19 million and Randle for $16 million, find some way to add a defensive center like R Lopez and we will probably go further than we did this season.
Pretty sure Bucks match that. He's important component to what they are doing there. Plus I don't think he fills a need of ours that can't be filled otherwise. I do like him, but don't want to overpay for him.

Randle makes no sense to me at all, if we are trying to build a championship team, which I think is still the goal, right?

« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2019, 04:01:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Sign Russell at around 24-25M a year. Then use the remaining 9-11M to sign 1 of Looney/Bryant/Dedmon/Ed Davis, and then give Noel or another cheap center the room exception.

I'm curious to see what Randle will actually command in FA. Reports and predictions seem all over the place with him.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller