Author Topic: Celtics (38-26) at Kings (31-31) Game #66 3/6/19  (Read 34957 times)

Re: Celtics (38-26) at Kings (31-31) Game #66 3/6/19
« Reply #600 on: March 07, 2019, 12:59:57 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
for as bad as we were during that losing streak
we are still 3rd in the league in point differential, a stat that seems a bit overlooked sometimes.

we are only behind Mil and GS in that stat.
That stat is overlooked because honestly its meaningless. They don't hand out championships for point differential. A lot of that was accumulated during that hot streak mid year when we beat the bulls by like 60 and beat up on the lotto teams.

That wasn't a lotto team we beat last night!

Nope. It was als just one win. As a wise man once said, you are what your record says you are.

Point differential is part of the record.

No, it is literally not.

Check standings on ESPN. Check out who has the best point differential. It's the best teams.

I don't think he is claiming that Point Differential is not a recorded statistic. He recognizes that along with Team Rebounds, Blocks, etc. there is a category called Point Differential.

He is making the argument that Point Differential is not the best measure of a team's success. In fact, there is literally something called a "Win-Loss Record" that measures a team's success respective to their games played.

Hopefully this helped.

« Reply #601 on: March 07, 2019, 01:01:38 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
we are still 3rd in the league in point differential, a stat that seems a bit overlooked sometimes.

That stat is overlooked because honestly its meaningless. They don't hand out championships for point differential. A lot of that was accumulated during that hot streak mid year when we beat the bulls by like 60 and beat up on the lotto teams.

Nope. It was als just one win. As a wise man once said, you are what your record says you are.

No, it is literally not.

Check standings on ESPN. Check out who has the best point differential. It's the best teams.

Welll not in our case apparently.

« Reply #602 on: March 07, 2019, 01:04:27 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

No, it is literally not.

I don't think he is claiming that Point Differential is not a recorded statistic. He recognizes that along with Team Rebounds, Blocks, etc. there is a category called Point Differential.

He is making the argument that Point Differential is not the best measure of a team's success. In fact, there is literally something called a "Win-Loss Record" that measures a team's success respective to their games played.

Hopefully this helped.

Bingo

« Reply #603 on: March 07, 2019, 01:22:36 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

No, it is literally not.

Hopefully this helped.

I already knew what a win loss record was.

The point differential is this thing that shows a teams dominance over other teams. It is also a record. I believe the teams that won the last two NBA championships had the best point differentials. This year the teams with the best point differentials are The Bucks, Warriors, Celtics, Nuggets, Raptors. The teams with the worst ones are Suns, Cavs, Knicks, Bulls, hawks. It's an instrument to tell good teams from bad.

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/15/celtics-have-nbas-3rd-best-point-differential-and-4th-in-team-history/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:45:57 AM by liam »

« Reply #604 on: March 07, 2019, 01:29:14 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
LOL the Kings social media team is amazing. You guys should check their latest tweet!  :laugh:

Had to look it up, and it did not disappoint.

https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/1103528878297890817

well at least we have this... gg, @celtics 🏆

Beautiful!

« Reply #605 on: March 07, 2019, 02:35:40 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
LOL the Kings social media team is amazing. You guys should check their latest tweet!  :laugh:

Beautiful!
They are counting in the Rochester title from '51?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #606 on: March 07, 2019, 02:50:58 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Beautiful!
They are counting in the Rochester title from '51?

I mean the Lakers are counting the 5 banners from Minnesota, and if we try to argue they'll rebuttal that the Celtics played in a league of only 10 teams in the Russell era  ???

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #607 on: March 07, 2019, 02:58:25 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I loved Gordon’s confidence in taking that game winning shot we need him confident. He only scored 12 but was pretty influential

Only downside to Gordon playing well is Jaylen Brown will not be able to play in crunch time.

Teams that aren't playing as big, they can put Brown in for Morris

I think Brad still doesn't trust Jaylen's decision making.

Brown still makes a lot of mistakes, like trying to out-jump every defender he faces.

And Brown needs to know when to shoot and when not to shoot.

Also, his FTs needs to improve if he wants to play in crunch time.

Brown has played during crunch time a lot of our last few games. CBS trusts him plenty.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #608 on: March 07, 2019, 03:08:15 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I loved Gordon’s confidence in taking that game winning shot we need him confident. He only scored 12 but was pretty influential

Only downside to Gordon playing well is Jaylen Brown will not be able to play in crunch time.

Brown still makes a lot of mistakes, like trying to out-jump every defender he faces.

Brown has played during crunch time a lot of our last few games. CBS trusts him plenty.
Plus, it's not like Morris is renowned for making good decisions
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #609 on: March 07, 2019, 03:12:59 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Morris is the better shooter.

We'll know for sure in the playoffs if Morris continues to play instead of Brown in crunch time.

« Reply #610 on: March 07, 2019, 03:19:00 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

We'll know for sure in the playoffs if Morris continues to play instead of Brown in crunch time.
Except over the last 20 games Morris has been shooting 27% from three. He's ice cold

« Reply #611 on: March 07, 2019, 03:22:40 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Except over the last 20 games Morris has been shooting 27% from three. He's ice cold

Morris has always been a good 3pt shooter his whole career.

He'll be fine.

« Reply #612 on: March 07, 2019, 03:32:26 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

He'll be fine.
He's solid, but he's not fantastic. 36% is alright, but nothing special

« Reply #613 on: March 07, 2019, 05:02:28 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

He'll be fine.
He's solid, but he's not fantastic. 36% is alright, but nothing special
Pretty much around Jaylen's percentages I think, and Morris has never had a season like Jaylen's last year.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #614 on: March 07, 2019, 06:21:04 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I am just getting into my hotel after the game and a late night meal. Wow what an experience that was awesome. It was really cool to see everything up close I had great seats. Brad giving Smart some tough love yanking him a few possessions, Kyrie encouraging and bringing him back up. Smarts defense is just amazing to see in person he is a [dang] hawk his defensive IQ and instincts are amazing. As I was saying earlier Mike Zarren was just chilling in normal seats like 2 rows beside me. I wanted to hit him up to take a picture but he was chatting it up with a couple dudes, I didn’t want to intrude. Headband Tatum was clutch he looks even smoother in person. The players are massive and freak athletes but the game is a lot slower than it looks on TV.

During halftime me and a couple Celts fans were chatting it up grabbing some brews and all of a sudden we see Cedric Maxwel just walking right by us back down to the floor, we hit him up for a pic and he obliged was cool as hell. He said the Celtics are back and he was sensing something special heading into the playoffs. Kyrie who I was prob closest to was hilarious on the bench, really engaged and just acting a fool with Yabu and Timelord dancing and cheering his butt off. It sucks Kyrie didn’t play but all in all the experience was awesome and something I’ll never forget. 
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk