Author Topic: Hayward Out 4 Weeks (Per Shams)  (Read 54282 times)

Re: Hayward Out 4 Weeks (Per Shams)
« Reply #360 on: September 18, 2020, 01:55:07 AM »

Offline Linwood

• NCE
  • Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 9
If I want to look for a little silver lining in all this, it's Gordon Hayward, can't help but feel bad for the dude.

Came to Boston to win with Stevens, only to miss the whole thing and have to watch the team almost do it without him.  (While also watching the team he left do pretty well too).

Came back and was a shell of his former self, and the team under performed with him.

This year he's playing like his old self, only to miss practically the whole playoffs (to date).  Plus all year, even when healthy, I feel like Gordon was at nest 4th and possibly 5th in media recognition of importance to the team.

If the C's were up 2-0 right now, how does Hayward feel?  Maybe like the team doesn't even need him.

But now with the team down 0-2, when they turn it around on Saturday and go on to win the series in 6, and then the championship, now he'll and everyone else will know he's an important member of the team.  He ain't Kevin Durant on the Warriors, an unnecessary appendage, he's a key contributor.

That's my silver lining outlook.

Nice storyline if that comes to fruition.

« Reply #361 on: September 18, 2020, 02:17:58 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
https://twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/1306794818958495747?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Gordon Hayward is progressing toward returning for Game 3 of Celtics-Heat after feeling good in Wednesday’s post-practice workout, a source with knowledge of the situation told
@TheAthleticNBA. He expects to get more on-court work Friday with the hope of playing Saturday.

Even if Hayward is simply standing in the corner and hitting 3s while only playing 10 minutes total, that's 1000% better than having Ojeyele on the court, period.

He NEEDS to play on Saturday. He does not have a choice. Even if he's 50% ready to go, he needs to suit up. Or else this team is dead lol. He is literally the Celtics' last hope.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #362 on: September 18, 2020, 08:44:08 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
this is big, and could be what is needed to turn the series around. the anti-gordon crowd here forgets how well he played with the celtics just his poise, playmaking and ability to attack the zone will do wonders for this team.

« Reply #363 on: September 18, 2020, 08:55:06 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I'm not expecting him to be 100% ready tomorrow. Chances are he'll need some time to feel like his old self. Having said that, I'm hopeful that he'll change the momentum of the series. I mean, both games were super close. It's not like we need a huge boost to beat them.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 09:00:49 AM by Jvalin »

« Reply #364 on: September 18, 2020, 08:59:32 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
If Hayward can shoot, I’d play him. Semi Ojeleye is built like a brick house, which reflects the way he shoots ans reflects his agility on the court too.
- LilRip

« Reply #365 on: September 18, 2020, 09:02:18 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
I'm not expecting him to be 100% ready tomorrow. Chances are he'll need some time to feel like his old self. Having said that, I'm hopeful that he'll change the momentum of the series. I mean, both games were super close. It's not like we need a huge boost to beat them.

even at 80%. if he can handle the ball and get the team into good plays it makes the team better.

not to mention it keeps a stiff like Semi off the court. Or a Grant williams in the final minutes of a close game.

« Reply #366 on: September 18, 2020, 05:28:33 PM »

Offline Linwood

• NCE
  • Sam Hauser
Gordon Hayward has been upgraded to questionable for Game 3.

« Reply #367 on: September 18, 2020, 05:29:50 PM »

Offline Linwood

• NCE
  • Sam Hauser
For the first time in his career as a Celtic, Gordon Hayward has the opportunity to come back to a team losing, and in desperate need of his help.

« Reply #368 on: September 18, 2020, 07:00:11 PM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 622
Gordon Hayward has been upgraded to questionable for Game 3.

That’s weird....because to a lot of posters on this board he’s been questionable for about 3 years (insert rim shot)!

« Reply #369 on: September 18, 2020, 07:11:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Like I said, a 60% Hayward who can hit a few shots and play like 10 minutes is way better than Ojeyele on the court, period.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #370 on: September 18, 2020, 07:46:07 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
If Hayward can shoot, I’d play him. Semi Ojeleye is built like a brick house, which reflects the way he shoots ans reflects his agility on the court too.

Semi is the Weakest Strong Man I've ever seen.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #371 on: September 18, 2020, 10:15:24 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I know every injury is different but gosh darn this is frustrating.  Luka twists his ankle in a very similar looking way, comes back the same game, and then plays the next game in hobbled form.

My issue isn’t that Hayward’s injury isn’t worse, but why the hell we waiting for him to be like 1000%?  Take your hobbled self out there and give it a go any way you can already.

« Reply #372 on: September 19, 2020, 09:04:21 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I know every injury is different but gosh darn this is frustrating.  Luka twists his ankle in a very similar looking way, comes back the same game, and then plays the next game in hobbled form.

My issue isn’t that Hayward’s injury isn’t worse, but why the hell we waiting for him to be like 1000%?  Take your hobbled self out there and give it a go any way you can already.

He had tendon and nerve damage.  My guess is that team doctors think there’s a risk to coming back too soon.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #373 on: September 19, 2020, 09:34:46 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Hayward isn't going to save us. He hasn't played basketball for more than a month. The first 3 games he play will be very rusty, he might be back to 80% after 3-4 games, but there's no throw away games to let him warm up, we must win the next 4 games straight, or 4 of the next 5.

« Reply #374 on: September 19, 2020, 09:36:06 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Hayward isn't going to save us. He hasn't played basketball for more than a month. The first 3 games he play will be very rusty, he might be back to 80% after 3-4 games, but there's no throw away games to let him warm up, we must win the next 4 games straight, or 4 of the next 5.
50% Hayward, which he'll be better than anyway, is still a vast improvement over the likes of Ojeleye
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)