Author Topic: So what moves do people suggest?  (Read 3886 times)

Re: So what moves do people suggest?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 09:21:53 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Thinking in terms of who starts is overrated. I want Hayward and Brown to have more minutes. Every rotation needs players that can move the ball and our primary passers are Kyrie, Horford, and Smart. Rondo would probably be amazing on this team.

Ojeleye and Williams should see more minutes. We have no size when Horford rests. Tatum shouldn’t be allowed on the court when at least two of Kyrie, Smart, and Horford aren’t. Tatum and Morris should never be allowed to play together. They both kill ball movement.

In summary, more minutes: Brown, Hayward, Ojeleye, Williams
Less minutes: Morris, Rozier, Theis
Different utilization of minutes: Smart, Horford

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 09:27:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
For this year:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've seen suggestions to shorten the rotation. 

Well, when has Stevens ever done that?  It's just not his MO.

I think they just need to ride this out to wherever it's headed.

For the summer:

Let Kyrie go be weird and unhappy somewhere else, trade Rozier, let Morris go, try to find a competent veteran replacement at PG for Kyrie, and then dedicate next year to finding out who among Tatum, Brown, and Hayward can make an All-Star game in the next few years.

Also - have Horford opt out and re-sign him to a long term deal for less money, e.g. 4 years $80-90 million.

Try to get back to being the kind of scrappy try-hard team that national pundits dismiss and that we can all feel good about.

Sure the end result won't be a title, but we're not getting there with this mix of personalities, that's for certain.

no thanks. brad can go. keep kyrie and get AD.

Yeah, seems a bit extreme. Besides, Kyrie represents a lot of value - it would be way better to sign him to a 5 yr max and trade him in a year if it doesn't work out.

If we do trade for AD, we will lose several 'pieces' anyway. And Rozier and Morris are FAs - so they are likely gone, too.

I agree that this current Cs mix is a bit yucky, but it won't really matter after this season.

For this year, I would give Brown and Hayward more minutes and/or another opportunity at starting. The loss of Baynes also appears to be catastrophic for some reason and we did well with him starting last year. Brad felt the need make major changes in our line-up after a 10-10 start. We have been playing worse than that lately.

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2019, 10:31:47 PM »

Offline ihatelakers

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
    I cant watch either marcus anymore.both are awful and force shot after shot.bench em both PLEASE!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2019, 10:35:28 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Get more shots for Brown and play bigger when Baynes comes back, Al just looks tired and we need him for the playoffs.

Ideal starting lineup:
Irving
Brown
Tatum
Horford
Baynes

Closing lineup:
Irving
Smart
Brown/Hayward
Tatum/Morris
Horford
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 10:37:54 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
For this year:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've seen suggestions to shorten the rotation. 

Well, when has Stevens ever done that?  It's just not his MO.

I think they just need to ride this out to wherever it's headed.

For the summer:

Let Kyrie go be weird and unhappy somewhere else, trade Rozier, let Morris go, try to find a competent veteran replacement at PG for Kyrie, and then dedicate next year to finding out who among Tatum, Brown, and Hayward can make an All-Star game in the next few years.

Also - have Horford opt out and re-sign him to a long term deal for less money, e.g. 4 years $80-90 million.

Try to get back to being the kind of scrappy try-hard team that national pundits dismiss and that we can all feel good about.

Sure the end result won't be a title, but we're not getting there with this mix of personalities, that's for certain.

no thanks. brad can go. keep kyrie and get AD.

Yeah, seems a bit extreme. Besides, Kyrie represents a lot of value - it would be way better to sign him to a 5 yr max and trade him in a year if it doesn't work out.

If we do trade for AD, we will lose several 'pieces' anyway. And Rozier and Morris are FAs - so they are likely gone, too.

I agree that this current Cs mix is a bit yucky, but it won't really matter after this season.

For this year, I would give Brown and Hayward more minutes and/or another opportunity at starting. The loss of Baynes also appears to be catastrophic for some reason and we did well with him starting last year. Brad felt the need make major changes in our line-up after a 10-10 start. We have been playing worse than that lately.

What makes you think the problematic mix won't matter after this year?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2019, 10:54:33 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
1) Move Morris to the bench.  We don't need two ballstoppers in the starting lineup.  Tatum does enough of that by himself.  Morris is also having a rough February and has cooled off significantly from 3.  Start Brown.  At this point I'd be fine even with starting Hayward instead of Morris.

2) Cut Rozier's minutes significantly.  I'd be even happier benching him permanently.

3) Let both walk in the offseason.

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2019, 10:57:23 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Cs need to rethink the personnel OR the system..they do not fit. The personnel is not compatible with the system.

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2019, 10:58:12 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
1) Move Morris to the bench.  We don't need two ballstoppers in the starting lineup.  Tatum does enough of that by himself.  Morris is also having a rough February and has cooled off significantly from 3.  Start Brown.  At this point I'd be fine even with starting Hayward instead of Morris.

2) Cut Rozier's minutes significantly.  I'd be even happier benching him permanently.

3) Let both walk in the offseason.
On board with this
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2019, 10:58:53 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
At this point we wait for the offseason.

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 11:08:07 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
new coach.

when we lost this game(well actually every game this yr.) in the 3rd qrtr. did anyone notice why? I know why, the answer was glaring. one guy got it but the rest of the team didn't. too bad he's losing touches to scrubs like morris.   

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 11:18:02 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
new coach.

when we lost this game(well actually every game this yr.) in the 3rd qrtr. did anyone notice why? I know why, the answer was glaring. one guy got it but the rest of the team didn't. too bad he's losing touches to scrubs like morris.   

Don’t be mad if he opts to go play for his home team in Atlanta because you chose to sit him behind Crowder and then Morris. Celtics never had dynamic wings play for them and choose to roll with fake tough big mouths. That’s fun fun.

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 11:52:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
i saw the schedule without baynes , i kinda predicted this was going to happen .  we might be like 3-9 before this over .   4-13 

This team with no bigs can't deal with teams that have loaded up after the break .  Celtics as a team just can't produce enough offense and have no interior defense tomsprak of without Baynes.

Danny did not want to use assets or trade up improve ,  so Celtics are outclassed by alot of hot teams right now .

All this woe ,  i hope he can land Davis ....or its a total wasted year

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2019, 11:57:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
new coach.

Don’t be mad if he opts to go play for his home team in Atlanta because you chose to sit him behind Crowder and then Morris. Celtics never had dynamic wings play for them and choose to roll with fake tough big mouths. That’s fun fun.
You made this point before and I didn't get a real explanation then, so I'll ask again - how would he go to Atlanta? He can't opt to do anything because he's still on his rookie deal. Unless they wanted to trade us John Collins for him then I can't see any way he goes back there
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 01:08:11 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Everyone calling for benching Rozier, fine. So we are all cool with giving Wanamaker major minutes?

For one I would play Semi and Williams more because they make hustle plays without needing the ball.

I'd make Wanamaker the backup point guard. He can handle the ball and is one of the best three point shooters on the team.

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 01:15:46 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Alright, so it's not Rozier's fault tonight even though he's been the team's Achilles Heel for most of the year. I did not watch the game so who is to blame for the Portland loss?

Brad Stevens? Kyrie Irving? Marcus Morris? Tatum/Brown? Gordon Hayward?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)