Author Topic: Brogdon Trade Idea  (Read 4554 times)

Brogdon Trade Idea
« on: August 19, 2023, 07:28:15 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'm looking at this trade through two different ways of need for the Celtics.  Brogdon was a nice pick up for the Celtics but that injury bug got him again.  So I'm looking at another player that has an injury bug but is going to be clear to play at the beginning of the season, plus bring back another guard to replace Brogdon. 

Celtics Trade - Malcolm Brogdon
Magic Trade - Jonathan Isaac and Cole Anthony

Yes, the money works.  The Magic do this trade as they're on the up and coming.  Plus they're a team loaded with young talent and young guards but no real veteran leadership.  They just brought in Ingles to help with that but Brogdon would be a great starting point or shooting guard for them  Also Anthony is on the last year of contract an Isaac has one more year but hasn't stayed healthy.  Reason the Celtics do this is, they get a younger 6th man player type in Anthony who can light up the score board.  He gives you a chance to resign him if you like at the end of the year instead of Pritchard and also makes him tradeable.  Isaac becomes hopefully insurance this year if he stays healthy.  Porzingis coming up with a foot issue could linger and also if Isaac is truly healthy at the start of the year, give Porzingis longer to come back.  He's also a player that can player the 3-4 and possibly an 5 if needed because of size.

Was just looking for an interesting trade that could help the Celtics this year and going forward even.   

Re: Brogdon Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 07:42:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I wouldn't trade a traffic cone for Isaac. He can take his right-wing grifting and shove it. He is also more fragile than any other player in the league.

'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 03:14:54 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
 ;D
I wouldn't trade a traffic cone for Isaac. He can take his right-wing grifting and shove it. He is also more fragile than any other player in the league.

You certainly seem very hateful for a left wing person.....think I'd rather hang out with Isaac.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2023, 05:38:47 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
;D

You certainly seem very hateful for a left wing person.....think I'd rather hang out with Isaac.
If you want to hang out with a crackpot misinformation merchant, go right ahead. There is no shame in hating scum
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 05:54:38 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
If we’re trading Brogdon to the Magic the target should be Fultz, not Isaac.  Fultz and Suggs makes sense, as they just drafted two more lottery picks at Suggs’ positions, and look to be going a different direction.

I get the desire for more depth at the 4, but one of the most injured players in the NBA is not a solution to depth.  Tatum will still play some minutes there this year, because there will be matchups where that just makes sense.  Adding an extra combo guard or wing to the rotation is fine, as everyone can slide up a position in the event Brissett/Walsh just don’t cut it for 12 minutes a game.

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 06:42:35 AM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
;D

If you want to hang out with a crackpot misinformation merchant, go right ahead. There is no shame in hating scum

What's going on? Did you get out of bed on the wrong side?
Please behave. You're a moderator, who should give the good example.

Perhaps you may not like Isaac, but he has done nothing illegal.
In fact as far as I can see he's a good Christian. 

Myself am not a fan at all of Harden or Embiid, but I wouldn't use your language.

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 08:22:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

I spilled my coffee laughing this morning.  ;D

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2023, 11:40:54 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
If we’re trading Brogdon to the Magic the target should be Fultz, not Isaac.  Fultz and Suggs makes sense, as they just drafted two more lottery picks at Suggs’ positions, and look to be going a different direction.

I get the desire for more depth at the 4, but one of the most injured players in the NBA is not a solution to depth.  Tatum will still play some minutes there this year, because there will be matchups where that just makes sense.  Adding an extra combo guard or wing to the rotation is fine, as everyone can slide up a position in the event Brissett/Walsh just don’t cut it for 12 minutes a game.

no thanks
ok fine

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2023, 01:32:49 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

Wow, I didn't know anything about Jonathan Isaac until I saw your post and googled around. He wrote a book with Ben Shapiro?!? Were Alex Jones and Ann Coulter busy?

I've got no issues with Christians- people can believe whatever they want. I do have an issue with people that claim they are Christian, then manufacture an immigration crisis to send poor people back to some oppressive regime. There's a ton of money in this country. Picking on the poor people is certainly not Christian.

Also, Isaac hasn't played since Aug. 2, 2020. I think I'll pass.

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2023, 02:44:14 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

Wow, I didn't know anything about Jonathan Isaac until I saw your post and googled around. He wrote a book with Ben Shapiro?!? Were Alex Jones and Ann Coulter busy?

I've got no issues with Christians- people can believe whatever they want. I do have an issue with people that claim they are Christian, then manufacture an immigration crisis to send poor people back to some oppressive regime. There's a ton of money in this country. Picking on the poor people is certainly not Christian.

Did you read the book? You did a quick Google search and this is what you came back with? Come on man
ok fine

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2023, 03:56:52 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

Did you read the book? You did a quick Google search and this is what you came back with? Come on man

Did I read a book by Ben Shapiro? Nope. That guy is bad news.

I don't know much about Isaac, so I can't comment. It sounds like he might be hanging out with the wrong crowd. Hate is contagious.

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2023, 09:04:08 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I'm fine trading Brogdon, in fact I think it is the prudent thing to do, this is not that trade though.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2023, 08:38:56 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
I like having Malcolm on the Celtics ☘️
I like his game and I think he adds leadership and an intelligence to our team.
I want to keep Malcolm unless it is a trade we can’t refuse.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2023, 09:32:53 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
When people suggest trading Brodgon, I don't know what problem they are trying to fix.  Are people that concerned about durability?  He held up fine last season as the 6th man.  I know he got hurt in the playoffs but there are always going to be some injuries.  But is that it, trade him because he was hurt in the playoffs?

The only reason that I could see for trading him is if he is irreparably miffed at being almost traded in the off season.  Or if some team offers a very sweet deal (which this proposed deal is not).

I like Brogdon, I see him as a key part of the team this coming season.

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2023, 04:16:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1764
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The problem with trading Brogdon is there is no way we are going to get equal value for him and we need his production. If he holds up, then we might be able to trade him next offseason, but then he'll be an expiring, and I doubt we would get much for him in that situation.

Then as an UFA, it's not like anybody is going to give him anything close to $22M/yr - which is the main reason we want to trade him. And I think it would be pretty great if we could then keep him for MLE-level money moving forward.

So, yeah, I would trade Brogdon, but just don't see a circumstance that will truly benefit us in the near-term. And in the long-term, he will likely be pretty cheap anyway.