Author Topic: Draft night for Celtics, what do you do?  (Read 5315 times)

Re: Draft night for Celtics, what do you do?
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2023, 12:53:35 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Hoping we draft the next Marcus Smart in Rayan Rupert.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 01:03:29 AM by Celtics2021 »

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2023, 01:17:03 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I was pretty underwhelmed with his offensive play in the NBL, but maybe I haven't paid close enough attention. His physical profile is outlandish, and he is only 19.

But the defence he plays, man... super high level! Great positioning, and is a really strong POA defender, especially for someone with his size. I could see Sacramento stealing him at 24 right before us. He's a prospect I have a hard time projecting
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2023, 01:22:12 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
I was pretty underwhelmed with his offensive play in the NBL, but maybe I haven't paid close enough attention. His physical profile is outlandish, and he is only 19.

But the defence he plays, man... super high level! Great positioning, and is a really strong POA defender, especially for someone with his size. I could see Sacramento stealing him at 24 right before us. He's a prospect I have a hard time projecting

For sure his offense was underwhelming.  That’s why he’s likely going in the 20s, because he’s an NBA defender on day 1.  But he’s going to make winning plays, and the offense will come around, in part because his defense will get him on the floor.

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2023, 01:24:50 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

For sure his offense was underwhelming.  That’s why he’s likely going in the 20s, because he’s an NBA defender on day 1.  But he’s going to make winning plays, and the offense will come around, in part because his defense will get him on the floor.
If someone could just teach French wing prospects to shoot, that would be great!

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2023, 01:36:59 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

If someone could just teach French wing prospects to shoot, that would be great!

Just saw that ESPN had mocked him to Memphis at 25 in their most recent draft, so now I’m even more hopeful.

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2023, 01:59:18 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Just saw that ESPN had mocked him to Memphis at 25 in their most recent draft, so now I’m even more hopeful.

going with you guys at pick 25.  first choice Rupert.   Second choice Cissoko (apparently great distributor...but longer to develop than Rupert I would guess...not sure how much longer.

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2023, 01:59:57 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I would be okay with Rupert. I could see him as an interesting fit long-term between our better offensive players. He would take a lot of pressure off other guys.

If he could be a Thybulle like guy from the get-go, but with some actual room to improve on the offensive end, then that's a pretty good pick.

I still prefer some others, namely TJD and Nnaji. Rupert is on the rung below with Miller & Colby Jones.

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2023, 04:25:05 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I’m not familiar with Rupert, but Cissoko is a guy I’ve been interested in.  He’s a well built 6’6” with a 6’10” wingspan.  He’s not a real good shooter, but a very good passer.  He can get to the rim and is a good athlete.  He’s supposed to be a very good and versatile defender.  Now that we’re keeping Brogdon and trading Smart, I think Cissoko makes sense.

Check out his passing and ability to score at the rim in this highlight video.

https://youtu.be/54vNIWlAMFs

He’s also young.  He just turned 19 in April.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 06:40:26 AM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2023, 07:19:42 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I’m not familiar with Rupert, but Cissoko is a guy I’ve been interested in.  He’s a well built 6’6” with a 6’10” wingspan.  He’s not a real good shooter, but a very good passer.  He can get to the rim and is a good athlete.  He’s supposed to be a very good and versatile defender.  Now that we’re keeping Brogdon and trading Smart, I think Cissoko makes sense.

So Cissoko is Romeo Langford?  Not a great shooter but a really good athlete and scorer.  I saw a lot of people wanting TJD, well, here's the opp for getting him.  The question is, is Brad done?  We still have a FA in GWill that could be a sign and trade.  Also, is a PP trade still a possibility, maybe with one of the Euro guys coming over?

BTW, love this that no one saw it coming.  The rumor was Brogdon to the Clippers in a three way, out of the blue this hit.  When I got home last night, Justine Termine was saying, as soon as the Clipper deal was "done", Brad's phone would be ringing with other offers. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2023, 07:27:08 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

So Cissoko is Romeo Langford?  Not a great shooter but a really good athlete and scorer.  I saw a lot of people wanting TJD, well, here's the opp for getting him.  The question is, is Brad done?  We still have a FA in GWill that could be a sign and trade.  Also, is a PP trade still a possibility, maybe with one of the Euro guys coming over?

BTW, love this that no one saw it coming.  The rumor was Brogdon to the Clippers in a three way, out of the blue this hit.  When I got home last night, Justine Termine was saying, as soon as the Clipper deal was "done", Brad's phone would be ringing with other offers.
Cissoko is a much better passer than Langford, but not the same as a scorer. Totally different player.

TJD is my guy though

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2023, 03:40:16 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
FWIW:

"There's a rumor floating around about the Celtics trying to get to a pick in the top 10 that would bring a player back for his third go around with the Celtics."

James Stewart - 98.5

I'm thinking GWill/PP/25 to Indy for Theis/7.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2023, 04:05:34 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • MASTER OF PANIC
FWIW:

"There's a rumor floating around about the Celtics trying to get to a pick in the top 10 that would bring a player back for his third go around with the Celtics."

James Stewart - 98.5

Yes to the 7th pick. No to theis.

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2023, 04:29:58 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

I would be okay with Rupert. I could see him as an interesting fit long-term between our better offensive players. He would take a lot of pressure off other guys.

If he could be a Thybulle like guy from the get-go, but with some actual room to improve on the offensive end, then that's a pretty good pick.

I still prefer some others, namely TJD and Nnaji. Rupert is on the rung below with Miller & Colby Jones.

ESPN now has us taking Rupert at 25.  It’s a mock draft, but they seem to agree that the fit would be good.  I think his upside is nearly through the roof.  He’s super young, but his defense should get him real playing time next year which should help the offense develop.  The offense needs work, but you can squint and see some developable skills.  He has real 2-way potential, and elite at one end.  I like some of those other guys too, but Rupert is the type of player we need in the new cap world — someone who can become a high-level starter on his second deal, while giving competent minutes on his rookie deal.  That’s how you afford two supermaxes.

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2023, 04:35:22 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Wonder if the C's are gonna trade someone and a pick to Atlanta? They're also having a fire sale. Dejounte Murray?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2023, 05:18:52 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
FWIW:

James Stewart - 98.5

Yes to the 7th pick. No to theis.
You wouldn’t seriously complain about that, would you? Theis is perfectly fine for the third string big role.

Pick Taylor Hendricks at 7 to replace Al long-term. Beef up the bench with FAs.