Author Topic: Trade Idea: Retooling Celtics  (Read 1001 times)

Trade Idea: Retooling Celtics
« on: June 17, 2023, 07:19:59 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Celtics: Carter Jr, Nesmith, Dunn, 2023 76ers 28th pick (via Jazz)

Jazz: Prichard, Hauser

Magic: Brogdon

Pacers: Williams (S + T), Muscala

———

Boston Celtics

Smart
Brown
Nesmith
Tatum
Horford

White, Gallinari, Carter Jr, Williams III, Dunn, Kornet, 2023 28th pick
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Trade Idea: Retooling Celtics
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 07:48:13 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
I like Carter Jr, but why would Orlando want Brogdon? They are going through a rebuild. Also, why/how is Nesmith starting?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2023, 07:56:52 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Terrible for Utah

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2023, 08:00:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So...

Celtics trade:  Brogdon, Pritchard, Hauser, Grant, Muscala

Celtics receive: Carter Jr, Nesmith, Dunn, 2023 76ers 28th pick (via Jazz)

Jazz trade:  28th pick, Dunn

Jazz receive: Pritchard, Hauser

Magic receive:  Brogdon

Magic trade: Carter, Jr.

Pacers trade:  Nesmith

Pacers receive: Williams (S + T), Muscala

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2023, 08:09:59 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
I like Carter Jr, but why would Orlando want Brogdon? They are going through a rebuild. Also, why/how is Nesmith starting?

Apparently the Magic want to start competing from next season, they are going after VanVleet too.

Brodgon fits nicely next to Fultz and adds some veteran leadership they’ve been lacking for some years.

I started Nesmith because he suits Mazzulla’s philosophy & doesn’t detract from Brown & Tatum. Plus IMO, White is better as a Ginobili style 6th man.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2023, 08:14:20 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440

Apparently the Magic want to start competing from next season, they are going after VanVleet too.

Brodgon fits nicely next to Fultz and adds some veteran leadership they’ve been lacking for some years.

I started Nesmith because he suits Mazzulla’s philosophy & doesn’t detract from Brown & Tatum. Plus IMO, White is better as a Ginobili style 6th man.

Gotcha. TP for the explanation.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2023, 08:16:03 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Terrible for Utah

Why???

They found 29 year old Dunn off the G-League scrap heap & he’s on an expiring deal.

In this upcoming draft they already have the 9th & 16th pick. The pick the Jazz are giving up is only three spots from the second round.

Prichard & Hauser fit the Jazz’s timeline, playing style, and obviously Ainge is a Prichard fan.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2023, 08:19:23 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

Gotcha. TP for the explanation.

No problem at all.

Thanks for the TP!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2023, 06:49:20 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
Where is this idea to trade away Malcolm Brogdon coming from, both in the CS forum and among the media ?

We were so happy to acquire him last summer and he fulfilled his responsibilities quite well, I thought. He and White have brought ball movement and offensive decision-making to this team, which was badly needed what with Al Horford being the only other consistent facilitator on the roster. The core of Smart-Brown-Tatum needs playmakers to succeed and Brogdon is that. Plus he appears to be a solid team-first guy who brings a great attitude to the locker room. Celts need more guys like him, maybe in the form of a veteran post player, not less.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2023, 06:53:38 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Where is this idea to trade away Malcolm Brogdon coming from, both in the CS forum and among the media ?

We were so happy to acquire him last summer and he fulfilled his responsibilities quite well, I thought. He and White have brought ball movement and offensive decision-making to this team, which was badly needed what with Al Horford being the only other consistent facilitator on the roster. The core of Smart-Brown-Tatum needs playmakers to succeed and Brogdon is that. Plus he appears to be a solid team-first guy who brings a great attitude to the locker room. Celts need more guys like him, maybe in the form of a veteran post player, not less.
I rather have Brogdon than Smart & White
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2023, 07:51:19 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16

It is a money deal. The new CBA is forcing the Celtics hand. Either this year or next players are going to have to be let go due to salary reasons. Plus the Celtics desperately need front court help and have an excess of guards. One guard is going to get traded this off-season, might as well be Brogdon since he makes the most money.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2023, 08:11:59 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Celtics: Carter Jr, Nesmith, Dunn, 2023 76ers 28th pick (via Jazz)

Jazz: Prichard, Hauser

Magic: Brogdon

Pacers: Williams (S + T), Muscala

———

Boston Celtics

Smart
Brown
Nesmith
Tatum
Horford

White, Gallinari, Carter Jr, Williams III, Dunn, Kornet, 2023 28th pick
So essentially Carter Jr. replaces Grant on the bench, and C's have a starting lineup they could have had 3 years ago.

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2023, 09:04:37 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
So essentially Carter Jr. replaces Grant on the bench, and C's have a starting lineup they could have had 3 years ago.

I think he would start.  He is better than AL at this point.