Author Topic: Last 2 minute report Lakers Game  (Read 3888 times)

Last 2 minute report Lakers Game
« on: February 25, 2020, 08:15:48 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
Chris Forsberg
@ChrisForsberg_

NBA’s Last 2 Minute Report says refs pitched a perfect game over final 120 seconds of Celtics-Lakers.

This has to be a joke right?  No way they will admit they screwed up.  That final play LBJ shuffled his feet like 4 times.  Total Travel and of course that wasn't included.  I used to think NFL officiating was worse then NBA Officiating.  I'm leaning way towards NBA officials being the worst in sports.  What a joke.

Re: Last 2 minute report Lakers Game
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 08:17:15 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Where have I heard "perfect" before.........................................................

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 08:19:23 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Davis over the back of 2 players plus he hit ball out of bounds first..if we all could see it on replay, why couldn’t refs??? Hmmmm
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 08:22:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Home coooking.  >:(

I'm still annoyed they cost the C's 2 points by calling and then un-calling a goal tend. Jaylen dunked it before anyone stopped playing.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 08:35:41 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Here's the thing, though....

NBA officials "ARE" among the best in the game....when they "WANT" to be..

As long as the game was close it should've been apparent to us that the calls were going to go AGAINST BOS...and they did.

Any time the analysts commenting on the game can see things the refs can't see then you know something is up.

Fans aren't dumb.

The only solace we can take away from the game is that we are DEFINITELY among the elite in  the game - with our roster AS IS....

After blowing LAL out in BOS - with their FULL roster and OUR full roster...we take the LAL to the last minute IN LA.....without our All-Star starting PG......but they had the stripes on their side....

That was plain to see, to me at least. And I complain about the officiating VERY LITTLE on here.

Here you go, NBA - fine ME.

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 09:30:26 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Just a reminder: over-the-back is not a foul in basketball. You are allowed to reach over someone's back to get a rebound. Look it up.

If you push player or grab their arms that's a foul. But typically on rebounds both players jump for the ball and there is contact by both in the air. They do a fairly good job not calling these.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 09:43:52 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Boston teams getting screwed by "out of bounds" play...N'Keal Harry vs the Chiefs, now Jaylen Brown vs the Lakers smh

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 09:58:48 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Just a reminder: over-the-back is not a foul in basketball. You are allowed to reach over someone's back to get a rebound. Look it up.

If you push player or grab their arms that's a foul. But typically on rebounds both players jump for the ball and there is contact by both in the air. They do a fairly good job not calling these.
you can reach over but you cannot jump on their backs preventing them from jumping nor push them to get over the top of them.  this is what AD was doing a lot of the game

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 10:07:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

you can reach over but you cannot jump on their backs preventing them from jumping nor push them to get over the top of them.  this is what AD was doing a lot of the game

Exactly

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 10:28:10 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Exactly

There's a lot of gray area there though. I didn't think Davis was getting away with much. There were definitely other bad calls, but that was one area that seemed ok.

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 11:20:15 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375
Davis over the back of 2 players plus he hit ball out of bounds first..if we all could see it on replay, why couldn’t refs??? Hmmmm
The ball hit ADs pinkie last, but on the way out, after that, it DID graze Brown's hand and change directions.  So, that ball was correctly called out on Brown.  I watched it over and over on replay.  The broadcast wasn't focused on that ... their bad.

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 11:23:19 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Too bad it isn't a 5 minute report.

Then they'd have to explain the phantom out-of-bounds whistle on Jaylen by a ref (yep, Mark Davis) who was looking away from the play.

Regarding the other OOB call - I don't see how one can see 'grey area' as to whether Davis was on-top of Jaylen.  That was a foul, plain as day.   Jaylen should have been shooting free throws.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 11:29:09 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I haven’t seen the report, and don’t even know if we have access to it. I’m curious if there was a reason why time wasn’t added back or even reviewed, when Caldwell-Pope was fouled with 8.1 seconds remaining. Another referee gave the Lakers a timeout before the foul call, but the clock was never addressed.

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2020, 11:29:43 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Come on, guys!

Remember when KG elbowed Pachulia in Game 5 of the 1st round of the playoffs in 2008?

That clearly was a cheap shot.

But the NBA did not suspend KG for Game 6.

Celts got away with one.

That's the luxury of having superstar players.

Jayson Tatum will most likely end up becoming a player like Lebron in the near future.
When that happens, the refs will give Tatum the superstar treatment that Lebron and Anthony Davis are getting right now.

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 03:57:32 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Come on, guys!

Remember when KG elbowed Pachulia in Game 5 of the 1st round of the playoffs in 2008?

That clearly was a cheap shot.

But the NBA did not suspend KG for Game 6.

Celts got away with one.

That's the luxury of having superstar players.

Jayson Tatum will most likely end up becoming a player like Lebron in the near future.
When that happens, the refs will give Tatum the superstar treatment that Lebron and Anthony Davis are getting right now.

I hope he becomes the next LeBron but without the LeBron personality and ship jumping.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)