Author Topic: Ray's Redemption  (Read 1878 times)

Ray's Redemption
« on: May 19, 2008, 06:32:25 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
We haven't heard the last of Ray Allen folks.

This shooting slump is not going to be his end legacy!

He is too good a player, too good a teammate, too good a shooter, and a true professional to let this continue.

He's going to bounce back and in a huge way I just know it!

Re: Ray's Redemption
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:00:56 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
I am not a baseball fan, but I do listen to sports radio and therefore can't avoid all the baseball talk,

About a month ago there were callers and hosts wondering if they were witnessing the decline of David Ortiz.  Of course, there were others who were certain that he would get it together. 

I believe there is not a single person remaining who is still wondering whether Ortiz can get his stroke back.

Ray Allen struggled early on in this season and then found his groove.  He ended up with great scoring percentages and was a serious force in this offense. He also received some surprising praise for his defense which was better than expected.

Ray did not have many open looks against Cleveland and perhaps when he got them he was pressing too hard. He looks to be in good shape and seems to be moving well, and his shot still has the aesthetic beauty it has always had.  Ray draws Rip Hamilton on 'D' against Detroit and Rip will run him ragged, but Rip is no great defender.

Ray will get looks and will break out of his slump in Ortizian fashion.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 07:29:24 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Hope so. Would be a huge lift.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:32:49 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i sure hope so.  i am afraid that rip hamilton may use him tho.  if ray plays on both ends of the floor the way he did against wally, he will have major problems with a player like rip.

<crossing my fingers i am wrong>