Author Topic: Is Ray Allen on a short leash for the ECF?  (Read 9079 times)

Re: Minutes for Ray...
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 04:04:06 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I'm not disagreeing with you on whether or not he needs his legs to be a good jump shooter because that's common sense.  I will say that he's played fewer minutes this year than he has in the previous 5 season and he had his career high in scoring last year. Jump shooters need minutes to get their rhythm as well.  There are a multitude of reasons as to why he's struggling.  The main one IMO is that he's not the main guy anymore and I'm not talking about shots I'm talking about handling it as well.  He's more than a Rip Hamilton type of player and he's just not comfortable with his role. 

And really he should be almost automatic on his wide open jumpers.  That's not his talent eroding that's him mentally pressing.  So it's kind of [dang] if you [dang] if you don't issue.  Does Doc play him so he gets his confidence or sit him and make it worse.  Not sure.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

Re: Is Ray Allen on a short leash for the ECF?
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2008, 04:44:06 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'm sick of hearing about how we need to help out Ray and get him his shots.  If they havne't figured it out by now, then forget it.

And, I still cannot understand why Detroit can get Rip Hamilton so many open shots off of screens but we can't.  What is the big deal?