Author Topic: Rozier playing surprisingly well  (Read 7898 times)

Re: Rozier playing surprisingly well
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2019, 04:45:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
too much of a hotdog and not much of a team leader from my perspective when he was a Celtic .  I doubt he changed over night
Kyrie could not change his vises.
irving may want to look at some of these.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vises&sxsrf=ACYBGNQCl10rS77f7N4uipwf8dcrHN_tOw:1573076090169&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNn7yMxdblAhVRRK0KHeE1DoEQ_AUIFSgE&biw=1476&bih=1090

I doubt it .  Kyrie never was too mechanically minded  :)

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2019, 06:31:28 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Still like roze, he messed up but he wasn't the only one. Wish him the best, unless it's against us!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2019, 07:54:27 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Rozier has always been what he was since that playoff run: a solid to above average starter with some very special lead guard characteristics. Just because a two faced saboteur ****ed his rhythm up last season doesn't mean that he was a bad player. Btw pure plus minus is one of the worst impact metrics you can find, APM/RAPM/PIPM/BPM (the last one is a mix of both box and impact metrics) are much better alternatives. It's amusing to still see people flying in to take bullets intemded for Kyrie lol.

Rozier is very much the same, Kyrie aside. He used to take bad shots and sloppy defense particularly his fighting through screens. That was when Kyrie was injured in the playoffs. Hot fourth quarters that somehow gave us the win erased those dumb things he did in the first 3 quarters that made us give up a big lead in the minds of fans, but he cannot fool me.

Go check the threads of that playoff run in games where we were losing by a lot, you can see post about him being selfish. He was still selfish in the fourth, difference was he was making those shots.

His defense meanwhile, have always been so-so in my eyes. His screen defense was absolutely horrendous. He cannot guard anybody on switches, which is why it was perplexing as to why he easily gives up fighting through screens and just switch. This is how Lebron burned us while being defended well by Jaylen/Morris.

I didn't speak much about how I hated his game because he was a Celtic and I supported him and want him improve and be successful.

Right now he is still shooting poorly, it just doesnt look as bad because he is getting more opportunities to score. You may get fooled by it by I'm not.

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2019, 08:46:51 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Rozier has always been what he was since that playoff run: a solid to above average starter with some very special lead guard characteristics. Just because a two faced saboteur ****ed his rhythm up last season doesn't mean that he was a bad player. Btw pure plus minus is one of the worst impact metrics you can find, APM/RAPM/PIPM/BPM (the last one is a mix of both box and impact metrics) are much better alternatives. It's amusing to still see people flying in to take bullets intemded for Kyrie lol.

Rozier is very much the same, Kyrie aside. He used to take bad shots and sloppy defense particularly his fighting through screens. That was when Kyrie was injured in the playoffs. Hot fourth quarters that somehow gave us the win erased those dumb things he did in the first 3 quarters that made us give up a big lead in the minds of fans, but he cannot fool me.

Go check the threads of that playoff run in games where we were losing by a lot, you can see post about him being selfish. He was still selfish in the fourth, difference was he was making those shots.

His defense meanwhile, have always been so-so in my eyes. His screen defense was absolutely horrendous. He cannot guard anybody on switches, which is why it was perplexing as to why he easily gives up fighting through screens and just switch. This is how Lebron burned us while being defended well by Jaylen/Morris.

I didn't speak much about how I hated his game because he was a Celtic and I supported him and want him improve and be successful.

Right now he is still shooting poorly, it just doesnt look as bad because he is getting more opportunities to score. You may get fooled by it by I'm not.
Yeah I just disagree with your assessment. He was playing solid defense in that playoff run and was very disruptive on that end of the floor, holding his own on man defense and occasionally getting steals and deflections. He does have his limitations such as going through screens (like you said), but his defensive intensity throughout that run was excellent, it was nowhere sloppy.

I've always acknowledged that he's a bit trigger happy, but come on it wasn't like he didn't pass. He wasn't the only problem in the games we were getting blown out-we sucked as a whole but Rozier got a ton of flack because he was the one with the balls to go out there and go down swinging (you can watch game 6 of the ECF where he and Jaylen went off when everyone else was laying an egg). I like how unique Rozier's offensive game is-he gives you resilent (albeit at times inconsistent) scoring, good ball security and nice secondary playmaking skills. You can keep on keep on hating his game while he shines in Charlotte.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2019, 09:35:54 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Yeah I just disagree with your assessment. He was playing solid defense in that playoff run and was very disruptive on that end of the floor, holding his own on man defense and occasionally getting steals and deflections. He does have his limitations such as going through screens (like you said), but his defensive intensity throughout that run was excellent, it was nowhere sloppy.

I've always acknowledged that he's a bit trigger happy, but come on it wasn't like he didn't pass. He wasn't the only problem in the games we were getting blown out-we sucked as a whole but Rozier got a ton of flack because he was the one with the balls to go out there and go down swinging (you can watch game 6 of the ECF where he and Jaylen went off when everyone else was laying an egg). I like how unique Rozier's offensive game is-he gives you resilent (albeit at times inconsistent) scoring, good ball security and nice secondary playmaking skills. You can keep on keep on hating his game while he shines in Charlotte.

See if you rewatch those games you will be frustrated at how easy he gets lost in screens. I mentioned it that some posters get lost with all the heroics and forget those minor details that made some of us pull our hair in frustration.

We didn't suck as a whole. It was the lack of ball movement and hero shots that did us in. You mention his game 6, but did you also remember his game 7? Or any other road game save for that game 6? He stank in those road games, he plays the same way but the shots don't go in. I for one don't get easily swayed by made baskets that I will forget those details like you easily do.

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2019, 10:10:51 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
Everyone and their mom knew Rozier was shooting that one...  ::)

Wonder if we'll see those exaggerated pro-Rozier threads show up after this game like they did the first two games.  ;)

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. Rozier is still too darn inconsistent! Heck even in game 1 he was the reason we lost the lead in the first place!

What the hell terry.  Awful!

Good Lord, Rozier might make it to double digit turnovers tonight. All that talk went to his head  ::)

Larkin shouldn't be playing.

We need a PG, but Rozier is playing even worse than Larkin

Stick a fork in the C's.  Game's over.  Larkin has absolutely sucked out there.

Yep, but so has Rozier.

This is from game 1

Rozier looks like a guy starting his first playoff game

I just don't trust Rozier.

And that airball shows why.

I just keep thinking of that post a few weeks ago where someone wondered if we could trade Kyrie and let Rozier be our PG of the future.

Low % shot by Rozier but I'll take it.
If Rozier gets hot we got this!
Rozier's decision-making was so suspect in that third quarter.
Rozier has been flat out garbage today. Last 2 possessions just selfish
No more hero ball
correction: unless it’s Rozier
Big shot Terry!
Rozier's awful defense has killed us twice in the last 2 minutes.
Rozier has almost single-handedly lost this game for us today. What a terrible, terrible performance. Just huge mental mistakes on both ends of the floor.
What atrocious defense by Rozier

So he will hit a 3 now
Rozier helps off the 3 point shooter when a 3 would ties it
Rozier has almost single-handedly lost this game for us today. What a terrible, terrible performance. Just huge mental mistakes on both ends of the floor.

And of course he hits that lol

CLASSIC SCARY TERRY!  ;D
Rozier the MOFO!

I am not making this up. Poor play in the first half (along with poor D) masked by late game heroics. But Im not fooled. Rozier has always played the same way, its just a matter of getting more shots and hitting more.

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2019, 11:41:56 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

See if you rewatch those games you will be frustrated at how easy he gets lost in screens. I mentioned it that some posters get lost with all the heroics and forget those minor details that made some of us pull our hair in frustration.

We didn't suck as a whole. It was the lack of ball movement and hero shots that did us in. You mention his game 6, but did you also remember his game 7? Or any other road game save for that game 6? He stank in those road games, he plays the same way but the shots don't go in. I for one don't get easily swayed by made baskets that I will forget those details like you easily do.
What see? Him getting lost on screens is something that I accept, his man defense and ability to get into passing lanes is pretty good when he's locked in, he's still a positive on defense. Sure it leaves something to be desired, but it doesn't mean that he's a sieve.

So a lack of ball movement and hero shots isn't the whole team's fault? Sure Rozier contributed to that when we weren't playing all that well, but he wasn't responsible for his teammates jacking up bricks and hogging the ball, everyone stunk in those road games. He had his fair share of bad games, but he grades out as an overall positive with some of the bangers he had for us during that run (remember how he made Bledsoe irrelevant when Milwaukee was screaming about their "big 3" of Bledsoe, Middleton and Giannis?). But I guess it's easy to criticise the dude who was doing a [dang] good job of replacing daddy Kyrie in a playoff run that the latter never delivered. He has his faults, but he's a [dang] good player.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2019, 11:48:02 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Everyone and their mom knew Rozier was shooting that one...  ::)

Wonder if we'll see those exaggerated pro-Rozier threads show up after this game like they did the first two games.  ;)

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. Rozier is still too darn inconsistent! Heck even in game 1 he was the reason we lost the lead in the first place!

What the hell terry.  Awful!

Good Lord, Rozier might make it to double digit turnovers tonight. All that talk went to his head  ::)

Larkin shouldn't be playing.

We need a PG, but Rozier is playing even worse than Larkin

Stick a fork in the C's.  Game's over.  Larkin has absolutely sucked out there.

Yep, but so has Rozier.

This is from game 1

Rozier looks like a guy starting his first playoff game

I just don't trust Rozier.

And that airball shows why.

I just keep thinking of that post a few weeks ago where someone wondered if we could trade Kyrie and let Rozier be our PG of the future.

Low % shot by Rozier but I'll take it.
If Rozier gets hot we got this!
Rozier's decision-making was so suspect in that third quarter.
Rozier has been flat out garbage today. Last 2 possessions just selfish
No more hero ball
correction: unless it’s Rozier
Big shot Terry!
Rozier's awful defense has killed us twice in the last 2 minutes.
What atrocious defense by Rozier

So he will hit a 3 now
Rozier helps off the 3 point shooter when a 3 would ties it

And of course he hits that lol

CLASSIC SCARY TERRY!  ;D
Rozier the MOFO!

I am not making this up. Poor play in the first half (along with poor D) masked by late game heroics. But Im not fooled. Rozier has always played the same way, its just a matter of getting more shots and hitting more.
And that same way doesn't make him a bad player. What I'm saying is that he has finally found a situation where he can shine.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2019, 12:01:17 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Charlotte's expected W-L record based on point differential is 2-5.

I wouldn't get too excited for them just yet.

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2019, 12:20:19 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Charlotte's expected W-L record based on point differential is 2-5.

I wouldn't get too excited for them just yet.
Oh for sure. They are a very gritty team though, I think they might just pull off a 2014-2015/2015-2016 Celtics.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2019, 03:10:22 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
How do you call an anti-revenge game?
Gratitude game perhaps?

Terry with 3 points (1-11 FG) and 4 turnovers, thanking his former team for putting him in position to sign a great deal this summer.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 03:46:25 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2019, 04:56:22 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Rozier is playing good, but not for the price that  MJ paid for. Devonte Graham has been outplaying Rozier for only 1 million rookie contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he lose his starting spot to Graham at some point.

Rozier is a little overpaid, but the good news is Rozier's contract is only for 3 years, not 4 or 5.

So for a franchise like the Hornets, it was better than doing nothing after Kemba left.
They should have done nothing.  They need to fully and truly rebuild.  They have been trying to make the playoffs for years, but never bothered to be anything more than mid-tier at best.  They haven't had a pick higher than 9 since 2013.  That was the last time they tried to bottom out as well, but as usual they botch almost every draft.  I mean their drafting history under Jordan is AWFUL.  Walker is really the only pick they made that ended up being ok (he was obviously better than ok).  It is really really bad, but they need to do that again and stop spending money on mid-tier at best players.  Even if they end up making the playoffs this year, it will still be a wasted season as they are no where near a contender.

I agree.

Unfortunately teams that don't have a winning tradition, like the Celtics, are always desperate.
It's like making the playoffs is already a great accomplishment.

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2019, 08:23:08 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
How long until Rozier loses his job to Graham? Seriously, the dude is at 17/7 with only 2.5 turnovers a game and shooting 41% from three?

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2019, 08:24:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
How long until Rozier loses his job to Graham? Seriously, the dude is at 17/7 with only 2.5 turnovers a game and shooting 41% from three?
And for about 10% of the cost... lol.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)